It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ch 5, Boston, Reporting More and More resorting to Food Pantries!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Massachusetts, a section of the country known for its fine education, colleges, MIT, etc, is down and out. Not only are they penalizing people for not affording insurance which is through the roof, lots of its citizens are hungry!
The percentage of people going to food pantries has doubled in just a couple of months, due to the forced insurance mentioned above and the gouging of oil prices, rents and mortgages in the $1800.00 neighborhood, people dont know where the next meal is going to come from.

That's right. Among the needy are white collar people whose home is being foreclosed, and cannot make ends meet.

People here have 2 or 3 jobs, and that isnt enough. We must be the shinning example of whats to come and the NWO.

Lucky us! Where i am, the top pay is probably $9 for a store, $8 in thesummer for resort purposes. That's what we have here. The Boston Herald is reporting soup kitchens are serving about 40% more people.
MIDDLE CLASS PEOPLE, not bums who do not want to work.

FYI.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
expect it to just get worse as time passes. People are losing jobs at a quickening pace while the CEO's in the corporate head office get Million dollar bonus checks for doing nothing.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I read somewhere about how this could easily slip into another depression. That got me thinking though. Would the media ever actually call it one? How bad would it have to get before they would actually say it? They are still skirting the issue about a "possible recession", yet the average Joe can look out their window and see that things aren't right.

I just wonder how it would be covered by the MSM. I would think that the government would be cooking the books and changing all of the reporting rules, changing what it means to be "unemployed", lowering the poverty line...etc, to make things appear better than they are.

It really is crazy sit back and watch it all. I wish I was optimistic about a good turn around, but sadly I am not.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Sometimes when i read some of the threads here, the denial is so immense that i wonder if its just this state.
In my case, because the food has to be trucked over one of two bridges, into the Cape, it is even more expensive. While Nantucket and Marthas' Vineyard people come to Hyannis to shop to get the "bargain" because they would rather pay the airfare or ferry fare than pay island prices.

But the story is about "Boston"- Our president said we are not in a recession, so i guess its all our imaginations.
I call it the Depression, in more ways than one. :shk:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I would think this is the kind of story that would draw many comments, but i guess this only has to do with the state of Massachusetts.

See you in another thread when New Yorkers have the same problem.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I agree Dg, this getting scarier and scarier, here in the south, people are scraping anything they can to buy gas the pawn shop business is booming.

The prices of gold is making people sell everything they have in jewelry to pay for taxes.

I tell you watch as the crime rates will get worst as the country economy keeps in a down slide.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Sorry DG, still catching up as I will soon be employed yea! Only been since the end of Nov.

Things are not well in Ohio nor Michigan. It gets pushed under the rug since the old standand of it is a recession when your neighbor is out of work it is a depression when you join him.

I have been noticing that every little moderately good news like sales flat unstead of being down leads to a slight uptick in the price of oil. Statements like Ford reducing production by 10% because Feb sales were down by 7% over Feb 2007 makes oil do a larger uptick.

Current estimates of gasoline are to be $3.50/gal national average by the end of March. Diesel is already at $3.81 national average, with some locations in NY, CT, CA, PA, and RI already at $4.00 or more. Which in turn raises food costs due to transportation.

Well so long as our government is happy with the thought that they got away with it them all is well. Never mind that a few of us grew up with the knowledge that when you were to get a whipping that running away only made it worse. I suppose one day a few of us will have to unbuckle our belts to let them know that play time is over. I only hope when that time comes we don't look like buffoons by having our pants drop to our ankles from having tightened our belts too much in the meantime.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Did anyone see this?
Link

Sorry for the one liner, I have to scurry off to work in hopes that it lasts just a little bit longer. Scary stuff. Nothing like it has ever happend before. A major change seems to be coming.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Not to worry. The liberal politicians up there are sure to come up with yet another brilliant social program to solve all of these problems.

All they need is more of your tax dollars.

Enjoy.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Perplexed, thank you for that link, and heres part of it:

Every day now, thousands of people all over the U.S. and Great Britain are walking away from their homes - simply mailing their house keys to the banks - as housing bailout plans fail.

Incredible stuff!

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
perplexed: interesting and more than a bit concerning. sad thing is our gov't is trying to convince everyone that everything is just fine and a lot of people believe him. so should i trust dubbya, who until last week didn't know gas prices were approaching $4 and believes handing everyone a check for a few hundred bucks will make our little non-recession all better, or should i maybe consider what a few esteemed international sources are prediciting?

i think they know more than he does.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
Not to worry. The liberal politicians up there are sure to come up with yet another brilliant social program to solve all of these problems.

All they need is more of your tax dollars.

Enjoy.
Thankyou for sharing so wisely. Since you mentioned liberal handouts, i have to say I guess the trillions from this Republican government for the bogus war are then justified? The hell with Americans?

Enjoy it all babes.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The best thing to do at this point is to buy as much as you can and hope you can hide it when the Jack Boots come looking for those that prepared to "redistribute" what you have to the ill prepared masses.... I really fear what will come of this if that report comes to pass as a fact of life in September....

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
To be honest, is this a supprise?

When the entire nation is living on loan and everyone lives in larger houses than they can afford, system is going to fall sooner or later. USA lasted a while, but it's time to pay the bill or get out. Sad situation, but YOU as a nation are to blame.

There is no conspiracy here, American dream was just that, a Dream.

"Chase the sky, hit the dirt." -Uknown Fighter Pilot-

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

By all means, keep voting for them, they're obviously doing a terrific job for your state's economy.

And that's the point, really. The people of Massachusetts (and this entire country) have no one to blame but themselves for enabling the politicians that are sucking the middle and lower classes dry. All you have to do as a politician to win an election is promise the moon, and the idiots will fall for it hook, line and sinker.

And yes, that includes BOTH parties.

[edit on 11-3-2008 by vor78]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by northwolf

You're exactly right. The problem in this country is that none of the people want to take ownership of the mess. We all want a scapegoat, whether it be Bush, Clinton before him, or whoever. At the end of the day, the problems of this nation are OUR fault. We've either created the problems in our own homes and communities or we've enabled these idiot Republicrat politicians to do so on a state and federal level.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Who says i vote Democrat? Did i say that? Hmmm?
I vote for whom i think is the best man/woman for the job. I dont know where you are getting your facts from. Of course, i must tip my hat to Mitt Romney who put the final @#$% touch on things here by demanding that everyone get healthcare. OR ELSE.

At no time in my life have we had such a screw up in government overall, and i blame the current horserider. Republicans.

Are you aware that to heat a three bedroom home the cost is over $1000 a MONTH? But lets not talk about heating, after all this was about food pantries and hunger.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
First point: I'm afraid this is a national phenomenon:

www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox-a

Second point: I think ethanol is to blame and should be banned as a fuel in the U.S.

cornandsoybeandigest.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Look, all I'm saying is that you guys need to put your foot down and until the voters do that, they're part of the problem, too.

Trust me, the same thing happens down here. The people are getting screwed here, too, but come election time, who do they vote for? The same ones they always do. Not suprisingly, nothing ever changes.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Well, i agree. But are we really voting these

people in? I'm not so sure about that. Who do you beleive in a world of lies and deception?

The best looking one?

I also know everyone has it tough, its not just MA. folks. Let us hope that our higher power gives us the wisdom to elect someone who will alas make a difference.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join