It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Lawmaker Wants to Make Anonymous Internet Posting Illegal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

gee, and i thought, "that guy should smoke some serious stuff, and get a perspective"!

i've known heroin addicts who were the best workers in the office, and religious zealots who were the worst.

drugs and excuses don't mix, IMO.

this guy has an evil agenda.

(probably a coke head, though. most of the insiders at the top of the cabal are, i'd guess. coke and power trips do mix, and it's one of the top earners for the CIA black budgets and it's controllers.)

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
How would they truely regulate this? It is not like I couldn't lie about my name and address. Even if they do checks for information, I'm sure it's wouldn't be hard to fabricate.

I bet you could even find a cooler name than your own to use.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

What you mean your real name isn't Sub Lime with a DOB of June 20?

Mr. Couch, would use his official title but I feel he won't be using it much longer, should have a good long look at the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights in particular and the numerous court cases in which a reporter does not have to reveal nor identify sources are free to use pen names and in cases of anti-establishment writings in an oppressive climate nome-de-guerre.

If Mr. Couch's bill is to make for easier prosecution for finding those in cases of harassment or libel, then simple investigations usually have good results in tracing IP through the website to the ISP.

But since identy theft is such a booming business perhaps he should also request that SSN, mother's maiden name, favorite pet's name as well as banking account number should be included to really be sure that the person posting that he is a stupid git is who they say they are. So, let's start with Mr Couch himself.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
How on earth would something like that even BEGIN to work??!

I don't think these people realise the international nature of the internet, where a person can join a forum, and/or post on a blog, and be living clear the other side of the planet.

How would Mr 'dribble for brains' Kentucky lawmaker plan to apply his law to an english-speaking forum hosted in Europe, or Russia, or Asia?.... Or would US citizens suddenly not be allowed to join any 'foreign' websites/forums/blogs, in case they used a username ? ... Quick!.. Billybob just registered on a foreign website using the name 'Mickey Mouse'. Send Homeland Security round to tazer his backside.. LMAO

If a US citizen joined a forum based in Europe using a false name would Mr Kentucky go after the transgressor? Send the CIA to take out the forum administrator? Put in a request to get the nasty owner of the forum extradited to the USA, so they can send him to Guantanamo and strap electrodes to his nodes?

What about a foreigner wanting to join a US based forum?.... What about a foreigner who's website and forum are hosted in the US (like mine are)?

What a load of..............

[edit on 11/3/2008 by Dagar]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Dagar

alright. that's it. you not only threatened me, but you infringed on disney's INFINITE COPYRIGHT. my homeland security is bigger than yours!!!

ooooo, you'll get SUCH a tazing, bro!

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Its getting way out of hand people. I for one will leave ats if this were the law, as well as im sure many more of us. How can so many people be blind as to whats going on in our country, were are slowly becoming trapped, one day we will wake up and have no freedom left

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
reply to post by Dagar

alright. that's it. you not only threatened me, but you infringed on disney's INFINITE COPYRIGHT. my homeland security is bigger than yours!!!

ooooo, you'll get SUCH a tazing, bro!

Oh dear
I wondered from where had the name Billybob got into my head, when I used it. I should have remembered that someone was using it on ATS....... OOPS!

Sorry, please don't send the boys round!

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
is this guy into, or a supporter of scientology?

"anonymous" attacks on Scientology

might be one angle worth looking into.

[edit on 11/3/08 by Obliv_au]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

If laws like this are enacted, sites such as ATS can kiss my participation goodbye. It is reasonable to assume at this point that we are already being watched for earmarking by the NWO. I sure as hell don't want to make it any easier for anyone to put my ass in a FEMA detention camp.

I wouldn't worry about them making it an easier. I am quite sure that they already know everyone that posts here. At this point, unless anyone is advocating terroristic threats, I wouldn't worry. I don't think they're looking for anyone that dislikes Bush's policies, or anything like that, because then they'd have to arrest 80% of the country, including Hillary and Obama.

This bill is going nowhere. It clearly violates the 1st Amendment.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Figures it would happen in KY. KY has been doing a lot of stuff against citizens. I'll give some examples.

Let's take the Real ID Act. It's not to go into effect until May 2008, but KY already has their driver's licenses set up to data bases on people who got new licenses as early as Nov '07. What does this card do? I had to go to e.r. few weeks ago and the hospital scanned the back of the card and had my complete medical history in less than a minute showing on their computer screen. I never submitted my medical records to the DMV, so how did they get them? I had just got a new license Nov/Dec '07.

I recently bought a car. KY DMV takes 8 to 10 weeks to mail a new title to you. Well, the place I bought the car from had bought it from another car lot and resold it to me. I have had the car over a month and the car lot I bought it from is still waiting for KY to send them their title so that they can transfer ownership to me. But the 30 day tags are expired, so I'm waiting on the dealership to send me another 30 day tag so I will no longer be driving illegally. After the dealership gets the title and transfers it to me (they got another month or so to wait themselves thanks to KY), I have to wait another 8 to 10 weeks myself to get my copy of the title. What's the holdup? That's KY for you. They do this to everyone here lately.

KY also gets you on the registration fees. In other states, the year of registration starts in the month you registered the car and ends a year later. Well, not in KY! In KY they go by your birthdate. If you were born say in May, then your registration will end the last day of May. But here's where the stinker comes in! They don't prorate your registration fees! If you buy a car in say April 2007 and go in to register it, you have to pay for it the whole year, but it expires May 2007! When you try to argue with them about it, they say you're paying for the whole year ending in May 2007, since May 2007 hasn't got here yet. But, if you wait until May 1, 2007 to get the car registered, that same year's registration will last you until May 2008. KY really gets us with this. If you have someone buy the registration for the car, then the person sells it, if the person buying it has their birthday the following month they get charged for time they didn't own the car. I've had this happen to me more than once and it ticks me off. I bought a car Sept 2005, Feb 2006 the tags were expired, and I renewed registration. I was charged from my birthday in 2005 to the month of my birthday 2006 even though I didn't own the car for most of the time I was charged for, but this is the way KY does it. I ended up having to come in few months later and renewing again for another year.

It doesn't surprise me at all that KY has this legislation submitted. I wouldn't even be surprised if it passed. KY is pretty backwards.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join