It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Theory on UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Okay, i dunno if anybody else thinks this, first post and im new here but:
I think, that we're just a test, an experiment if you will,
think about it, we're practically the ONLY race thats really gone anywhere in terms of technology and what not on the planet, the only animals that can hold a candle to us are crows who have been shown to be intelligent enough to use tools aswell.
Now; i think, that people are actually 'guinea pigs' for some far more advanced race, think about it, why would UFO's come to earth? They're observing us of course. Its the same reason people are abducted. I think that we might have actually been engineered by these extraterrestrials, and they're waiting for something, because if we were in THEIR position, Homo Sapiens as a race would be enslaved man... which takes me back to abductions, they're obviously examining humans to see if we're ready for something, my bet is we are going to be slaves or dog soldiers.
and if they're craft can do what is conidered impossible, they must allow their vehicles/vessels to be seen on PURPOSE, adding a variable to their experiment, to see how we react

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I think you have some good ideas there frogpuppet. The slave or dogsoldier hypothesis is scary to imagine but not at all too far out to dismiss..

Just now pondering this has made we wonder,....

Considering the technology these aliens would possess in order to be able to travel such great distances, what could we as slaves bring to the table? Meaning, our manual labour, even in great numbers, would be sort of obsolete ya know?

The Matrix comes to mind... Farming humans to be used like batterries, or something like that.

Maybe we would be trained use their technologies and assist in fighting in intergalactic wars between different alien races.

On the flip side...

Possibly the answer could be more positive and peaceful..
The aliens intend for us to evolve spiritually higher and higher until we are ready to contribute to their spiritual practices and vice versa.

And theres also the possibility that these things have all already happened some time in our distant pant.

Lots of cool ideas in your post to ponder regarding; Assuming there are aliens, what is their connection and intentions with us?

Lastly its also crazy to think that we could be an experiment that they check up on every once in a while.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
yeah it makes sense. it makes you think.
we gotta be here for a reason. we sure as hell weren't put here by some giant bearded man, and were dam lucky if we just grew through natural selection.
peace.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
hmmm, you have interesting things to say aswell JediMind
well, looking at how different we are, maybe we were engineered? look at dogs, originally there was 1 or very few breeds of wolf, but through eugenics men have managed to produce MANY variants of dog over a few thousand years or so, and from an evolution standpoint that is VERY fast.
the fact homo sapiens originated in africa supports this in a way, they had a testing ground and it was a sucess so they let them out into the rest of the world.
so, i think maybe they picked up a biological ancestor, and modified it to be like you suggested, superior, passive spiritual beings then yeah, thats pretty plausable, they're cultivating a sister race, it explains being made in 'gods' image.
but what makes me think we're their dog soldiers being bred to fight their battles is the level of aggression in humans, you dont see apes committing genocide or beating their wives. if you look at how we react to things like fear and jealously and stuff, MOST of human emotion will end in agression.
alternatively they may have been trying to do both, look at ancient egypt, they constructed building that are HUGE even by todays standards, that have lasted thousands of years and are in perfect alignment with constellations

yes, i often wonder about if the past REALLY went down as we're told, we might have once been a thriving, technologically advanced species and some kind of catastrophe sent us from the globe, but some remained or something and now we're going down the same path and maybe (this is really far fetched) maybe the 'aliens' are really humans too?
no thats just crap
but still, im fairly sure about all the other ideas, if they didnt have purpose or interest they wouldnt bother coming here, so they obviously have some kind of greater purpose or motive in mind.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FrogPuppet

I'd suggest you read about evolution - it will explain why we're the only creature on the planet who acts like we do. You can also research the different species that use tools (it's more than just us and the crows - a lot more). We have a very good idea where we came from (genetically-speaking), so the theories of us being "created" by aliens is quite ridiculous. Not to mention the inherent flaws in human beings - if we were created by something so advanced as these "aliens" who fly around in flying saucers, surely they'd manage to make an immune system that doesn't routinely destroy itself, or at least one that can fight off the common cold.

There's no proof of aliens, so trying to suggest we have something to do with them is jumping over the all-important first step: finding proof of aliens. Once we have that, we can start to figure out what (if anything) they have to do with us. Otherwise it's just gum-flapping speculation, completely removed from reality and rational explanation.

My counter-theory is we are just an evolutionary branch of the great apes, who have been swinging around the planet throwing poop at each other for 6-7 million years, and have been slowly evolving ever since. A couple of hundred thousand years ago some rather funky in-breeding between proto-humans and their older relatives (chimps) made some rather drastic genetic mutations. When we climed down from the trees, and started to walk upright, it freed our hands and let us use them to manipulate tools. That meant the most successful humans were ones that were predisposed to using tools, which meant they had more kids, which furthered our development, eventually winding up with the bald apes sat in front of computers we've come to love and know.

Humans are extraordinary - ascribing our progress to aliens is belittling our species, not elevating us.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Arghhh, you beat me to the punch Dave!

Well with the crows anyway

I think it's hard to prove either way. Your theory on evolution would be solid if it weren't for that pesky missing link!

[edit on 10/3/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
lol yeah, when i clicked 'Post Reply' i was like argh # thats right,
but still, what about the crop circles? the reply the Arecibo message?
im in no way going to force my opinion on you, but im fairly convinced there IS a superior race observing us at least, i agree, my whacked out idea about them creating us was trying to justify why they were seemingly studying us.
thanks for the positive input...

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   

the only animals that can hold a candle to us are crows who have been shown to be intelligent enough to use tools aswell.

cant apes use tools as well

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I would in no way doubt that assumption froggy. It would seem the most probable explanation. So when we go byby I guess it's just the black hole.

top topics

join