It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Death of a Footballer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Found this video of a footballer collapsing during a match - although just before he collapses some strange things happen.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this happen to someone after they're received a blow to the head?

[edit on 9-3-2008 by Jimbowsk]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Explained as a traumatic injury towards the brain which cause the body to contort and mimic seizure like movements. Person has no control over themselves whatsoever during these events.

You can see the player being kicked in the head right before busting out.

Also,

Supposedly a demonic possession.

The Islamic world has a name for it. I forget though, I think it's "Djinn."

It's the Emily Rose of the middle east. Very common.

More related.

DURKA! DURKA!

[edit on 10-3-2008 by 168.56.255.255]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The guy didnt die, he suffered a siezure and passed out. He played a week later.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by UKsceptic

I wasn't sure whether that was the case or not - I searched everywhere for further information but always got the same result, and that was that he'd collapsed and died.

Do you have a link to any more info on this at all UKsceptic?

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Wow. God must really hate football. He's probably more of a tennis fan.

List of footballers who died while playing

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
It hurt's my ear's when i whatch these video's.

I suggest you whatch them with the sound turned off.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by UKsceptic

Uksceptic is right. He played the week after. I think it was either the Egyptian, UAE or Algerian league.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
There's that one (forgive me if its the same dude, I didn't watch the vid cos it wouldn't load in FF or IE) that has to wear a special cover now (he's a goalie) after being hit in the head, it looked really weird when I first saw it (I HATE football, but my other half loves it). He was critical for a bit, but eventually recovered.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Yeah, that's Petr Cech, the Chelsea and Czech Republic Goalie.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Uksceptic is right. He played the week after. I think it was either the Egyptian, UAE or Algerian league.

Still pretty interesting if that was a seizure of some sort, looked a lot like the training exercises that he would do all the time - if he had no control did all his muscles just revert to muscle memory?

Or equally as likely this was just his unique way of running off an injury - I know I've done some pretty amusing things right after hurting my self.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Yeah I guess you could be right about the muscle memory aspect - like this boxer that gets knocked out but still carries on punching!

Boxer Knockout - Still Punching!

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I started a thread after this one, my bad, which was closed. Thought I'd link to those few comments as well.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
That video actually shows a perfect example of inner ear damage. Your inner ear really has nothing to do with hearing and more to do with balance. Theres a tiny bit of fluid in there resting on some neves. Depending on what nerves are activated, thats wich way is down. Its like when you spin around for 2 minutes the liquid is pressed into 2 different directions due to centrifical force and you get "dizzy". it seems like the world is tilting over and you have to lean waaaay in one direction to stay up. This will happen whenever each "balance center" recives a different signal than the other because gravity usally pulls them both in the same direction.

I'd bet the farm one of these "balance centers" got damaged in the collision and now he's trying to compensate for what he thinks is a tilting world by bending backwards to keep his balance.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Lotiki

Neither seizure or inner ear damage explains the Jennifer Beals dance towards the end. That's a controlled and balanced movement. Just a thought.

Peace

top topics

join