It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we please got focused on ufo' and not points!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
What the hell, is going on here??
I used to come here for info about ufos and aliens, although I realize it may be slow at times...but come on guys. The stupid questions and point grabbers here are getting a little much!!

Whats next...do aliens like corn with their supper!!

Noobs please read and research, and trolls dont bother!!!

none uf us know any thing....so dont ask who the aliens want 4 president!!!!! my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I think we're seeing one of the downsides of ATS rising popularity: a lot of new users that don't necessarily know the rules, or have done any research or looked at what we've discussed before.

I don't think we can do more than point out to these people that these subjects have been discussed before, or that they don't belong on this forum and why.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by danx

New members aren't the only "point grabbers" out there. There are some offenders that should know better by now but just need the attention or something.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Yeah, I hear you and I share your frustration, but taking measures against those offenders is really up to the mods.

And if you remember, recently they did take measures when all the reptilian threads were growing out of control here. I'm sure if and when they think it's justified, measures will be taken.

I personally believe however, the mods could more actively warn those offending posters or move those threads to other places, but that's just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Everyone knows aliens are here to eat peas.

Seriously, i know what you mean.
There are some very silly things going on here.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by redseal

do aliens like corn with their supper!!

I'm glad you've brought this topic to the fore, it's something I've wondered about a lot.
Our planet produces a lot of corn and that may be what they want.

World Corn Production and Trade

Corn is the United States' largest crop, in terms of both volume and value. The states of Iowa, Illinois, Nebraska, and Minnesota account for more than 50 percent of U.S. corn production. Other major corn-producing states include Indiana, Wisconsin, South Dakota, Michigan, Missouri, Kansas, Ohio and Kentucky.

The United States grew 42 percent of the world's corn in during fiscal year 2006, producing 282.3 million metric tons (11.1 billion bushels). Other major corn producing countries in 2006 included:

* China -139.4 million metric tons (5.5 billion bushels)
* Brazil - 41.7 million metric tons (1.64 billion bushels)
* European Union - 48.3 million metric tons (1.9 billion bushels)
* Mexico - 19.5 million metric tons (767 million bushels)
* Argentina - 15.8 million metric tons (622 million bushels)
* India - 15 million metric tons (590.5 million bushels)
www.grains.org...

Obviously this is a crop that's vital to our planet, not only to feed us directly, but also to feed the animals we consume.

Just look at the numbers if you doubt me:

Corn Acreage 2007

Corn Acreage: 87,000,000 acres
Production: 12.32 billion bushels (3.2 billion for ethanol)
nue.okstate.edu...

That last link above includes a list of every country that produces corn, and how much.

Read more here:
42explore.com...

If aliens introduced a pathogen that killed corn worldwide it would probably kill half the population of the planet because we're so dependent on this single crop. That will probably never happen because I suspect they really want to enslave us and have us produce more corn for their own dinner tables.

It just sickens me to think of their buttery fingers holding our cobs to those little mouths as they ingest the nibblets of our labors.:shk:

GET IT WHILE YOU STILL CAN, IT MAY BE THE DOWNFALL OF OUR SPECIES IN THE END...

EDIT: Do I get some points for this post

I could use a few more............

[edit on 10/3/2008 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by danx
I personally believe however, the mods could more actively warn those offending posters or move those threads to other places, but that's just my opinion.

We certainly are trying, but as was metioned before, the growing popularity of ATS means that we will patrolling quite a bit more traffic. Hang in there, we will sort through it. Feel free to hit the complaint button if you run across a post you think merits a complaint. We appreciate your contributions.

kleverone

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Yes, Yes, The Aliens Want the Corn! Now we know what all the crop circles are really al about? Crop circle all say the same thing…”Nanoo Nanoo, this is my corn patch now so bugger off!”

I feel your pain brother man. I’ve never seen so many crap posts in all my life.

My dog is a reptile!
My Aunt is a reptile!
My snake ate my dog!...He must be a reptile too!
Snakes are reptiles! (duh?)

I could go on and on of course, and so could all of you. But that doesn’t mean that we should!

Let us all stop this nonsense right now!

But of course, every time I trash one of these crazies and their useless pointless UFO rehash posts I am the one who gets slapped by a moderator. What gives? I slammed a guy for going over another crappy 911 conspiracy post and what happened? I was the one who got slapped by a moderator, not the twelve year old who created another pointless post about something all ready discussed or quickly forgotten.

In fact, I’m surprised that someone hasn’t shut down this post all ready by what I have seen these moderators do.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Hot_Wings

Hit Me.....
That's the name of the game....

A weird thread topic that generates a lot of hits, page views, replies, and such, these are the stats that make a site like ATS popular to advertisers.

Why would the owners of this site want to shut down very speculative topics that generate income ?

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hot_Wings
But of course, every time I trash one of these crazies and their useless pointless UFO rehash posts I am the one who gets slapped by a moderator. What gives?

Because here at ATS we do not "trash" other people. We have civil conversations and allow people to have opinions. If you do not like a thread...then don't contribute to it, easy as that.

I slammed a guy for going over another crappy 911 conspiracy post and what happened? I was the one who got slapped by a moderator, not the twelve year old who created another pointless post about something all ready discussed or quickly forgotten.

like I said, stop slamming people...are we not all smart enough to recognize a crappy thread? Do we need you to come in and tell everyone how bad it is and bash the OP for it?

In fact, I’m surprised that someone hasn’t shut down this post all ready by what I have seen these moderators do.

That surprise could be alleviated by a simple comphrension of what can and cannot be posted.

Here is the T&C. You can review this and not have to be surprised or second guess whether a mod is going to chastise you. We actually prefer it this way. I don't like cleaning up after my 3 year old and I certainly would prefer to not have to clean up after anyone on here. If everyone "got it" and understoond that civility is required here I wouldn't have to as much.

Remember...you don't like a thread, don't contribute to it....and it will go away.

new topics

top topics

join