It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church of Satan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Satanism was always on my black list and I never bothered to do any research on the subject at all...even superficial. Upon reading Church of Satan I was quite astonished to learn about their belief system and see that its not quite as "evil" as some like to portray it. No human/animal sacrificies, sorcery, black magic, etc.

For example,

The Nine Satanic Statements
The Nine Satanic Statements are to outline what Satan within the Church of Satan Symbolizes. They are:

1)Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!
2)Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!
3)Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!
4)Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!
5)Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!
6)Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!
7)Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!
8)Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!
9)Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as he has kept it in business all these years!

and

The Nine Satanic Sins

1)Stupidity
2)Pretentiousness
3)Solipsism
4)Self-deceit
5)Herd Conformity
6)Lack of Perspective
7)Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies
8)Counterproductive Pride
9)Lack of Aesthetics

Anton LaVey, who wrote the satinic bible in 1969 preaches self-preservation over everything else. Now while some members take a literal interpretation, theistic satanists that worship the devil, others consider themselves as philosophical satanists and do not believe in any deities including god and the devil. They are basically atheists who like to indulge in lifes pleasures but at the same time adhere to self responsibility.

To be honest, I was proven ignorant since I thought all these guys worshiped the destroyer, conducted "mass" and all sorts of sacrificing rituals. What do you guys think...anyone else suprised?

[edit on 9-3-2008 by EarthCitizen07]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
And

The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth

1)Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
2)Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
3)When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.
4)If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.
5)Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
6)Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.
7)Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
8)Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
9)Do not harm little children.
10)Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
11)When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

Disclaimer: All of this information can be found at wikipedia by using "church of satan" as keywords.

Now a lot of this stuff is controversial to say the least but are we not all guilty of committing such sins without even knowing sometimes? WOW!

[edit on 9-3-2008 by EarthCitizen07]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Very interesting research, it's not something I would have thought to look into. However I do feel the church I was brought up in where I was made to THINK I was worshipping GOD was a complete lie in itself.

I was brought up as a devoute Catholic, I was christned, confirmed etc but I tell you what the turning point was for me!!

* Being told God would punnish me if I wasn't a good little girl.
* Disasters are God's was of punnishing us
* If i sin I get a black mark on my soul
* I will burn in hell for eternity if I don't repent my sins and be a good person

I came to my senses when I realised God is unconditional love and would not treat even a peodofile in this manner no matter what our personal feelings are on such people. God is forgiving after all! I had this comment drummed into my head as a kid!

Thank God for that then!

So who is this God that throws it's weight around bannishing us all to hell for not being good little boy's and girls?

ANSWER: Not a god i'd expect to go and worship in a church!!

THIS IS PURE EVIL ITSELF.......Yes a wolf in sheeps clothing, the bible warns us of this! Well I decided to STOP WORSHIPPING SATAN and trade him in for a more spiritual belive system based on my own knowledge rather than belife. I see dead people, I have been to the after life realm we call the spirit world in my sleep. I am pleased to know better and I will never look back!

Religion is a mask preventing us from knowing who and what we really are via fear of the unknown.

I was lead to belive I was being fooled by the devil or deamons as a child, as I am a born medium. I can now see clearly who the fools are, they will also choose to follow the rest of the heard further and further away from reality!

Our very own physical being is an illusion Read Bill Bryson, this also helps us to understand our neighbouring spirit realm who come in love and peace, not disguised as satan.

I am not saying I like or support satan in anyway, but I don't like the God the Catholics taught me about, a big scary man who wants to hurt me because i will never have a pure white soul.

If thats God, I dread to think what Satan is like

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IncarnAngel

Now I completely agree with you on this one. The supposed Christian churches believe more in evil than those who claim to worship on the other side.

I was raised Catholic, but left that faith, and won't attend churhes of any other faith that pass around a collection plate after they have given a sermon about saving your soul from the dark side.

It's all about money.

I don't need some preacher to tell me that evil exists. It isn't someething supernatural or exotic. It can happen anywhere.

It's all about doing the right thing, and knowing the difference. If you need somebody to listen to you, that you tithe to (as far as confession), there is something very wrong.

The Prince of Darkness, in my opinion, is the Pope, who reings over Catholics.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

Well I wouldn't say the catholic church or any christian church for that matter is "evil". Church needs money to support itself. There are excesses but I tend to ignore the official line and just believe in God.

As an orthodox christian I do attend sporadically but mostly weddings, funerals, christianings, etc. Usually, I don't attend sunday mass often.

I do believe in good vs bad but as I said in my previous posts I was somewhat suprised at the satanist manifesto. I thought they were more evil...and I mean that in a literal sense. Off-course this could be a front for a much more sinister agenda behind the scenes. If they do commit attrocities I don't expect them to openly admit it.

Has anyone seen "A Haunting" on the discovery channel where people get excorcised by priests? They say that if your a catholic you must file a petition and wait about 3 months so that they can thoroughly examine the case and determine if an excorcism is warranted.

I believe evil spirits do exist and almost every religion accepts this as defacto. Off course little is known and silence prevails with few exceptions but I don't think its something to take lightely.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
So much we do not know, yet we still persist in deciding the roots of blame for good and evil in this world as coming from an external benign or christlike source. Where does accountability for ones own, or particular collective culture or societies behaviors come into play? Self victimization, denial, blame games, revenge to what end? It may be said traditional religious thought states love God first, self sacrice is a persons role and purpose in life. ( Or it is a nobel cause to be miserable for it rewards a person after they are dead?) Equally said; Satanists might believe that self interest should drive individuals to win in all competion at the expense of the other guy. All is fair in love and war??? So what is new??
Free-will is like love or hate, it might be used for mind conrol over the masses or anarchy. Ethics??? To Thine own Self be true.
As for the magickal aspect of Satansm, The language in Lavays so called Satanic Bible includes Enochian phrases off to the side of some of the pages. The Language of Angels, make sure you pronounce it right and do your research. Use at your own risk..... nuff said?????

Questions: what is the difference betwen Satan and Lucifer???? What is the difference between a Satanist and an Athiest?

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Lucifer, meaning "light-bearer", was Satan before he fell. An athiest is simply someone who does not believe in a diety of any sort, and a satanist is one who maybe does/maybe doesn't believe in a diety but follows the Church of Satan.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
In reality, I don't think there is much difference between philosophical and theistic satanists although I could be wrong. They are just trying to dump some weight off their shoulders by saying they are atheists. I mean whats the point of saying you belong to the 'church of satan' if you don't even believe satan exists? Sounds hypocritical to me!!

As for religion, I do take it seriously but I refuse to accept that one savior or prophet is superior than another. I think all or most religions point to a common theme but the way religion is administered ends up alienating people. Its more 'divide and conquer' rather than unity and peace.

Also the dogmatic and repressive nature of certain church denominations is a complete turn-off even for devout believers. For example, I don't think its fair to force people to go to church every sunday, prohibit divorce, prohibit abortion, and more-or-less tell people how they should live their lives. Its ok to make suggestions but allow the people to make the final decisions...that is the meaning of democracy.

Peace

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

The church of satan is no different than any other religion here on earth. It was written by a human and based on their personal beliefs. All religions are man made, take your pick, all made up. I'm still sticking with the one I started out with.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
In order to buy into the Church of Satan, the believers essentially have to buy into the whole Judeo-Christian mythology to begin with. So the believers have to read and study the Bible and believe what's in it. Then they develop a kind of conspiracy theory within the context of the mythology. Some of the Satan worshipers are actually stronger believers in the Bible and all that stuff than even the most active church goers.

But if you don't go along with the whole Judeo-Christian thing to begin with, it's sort of doubly pointless and ridiculous.

It would be like seriously worshipping Sauron or some bad guy from "The Lord of the Rings." First, you'd have to believe it all to be true, then convince yourself that you're able to "read between the lines," and that the books are unjustly painting Sauron in a bad light and he's really a good guy. What a hoot.

[edit on 10-3-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
9)Do not harm little children.

HAH! Yea tell that to aliester crowley or other maniacs which wore human skin as trousers in the name of Satan lmfao. Nothing evil there!

Actually, most Temple of set members (Who are one of the many authentic branches of Satanism.) refer to The Temple of Satan as a more halloween dress up kind of Satanism lol. Basically for kids!

Maybe Hellary Clinton is a member? Heck with those evil eyes and that thundering cackle you can drive anybody mad!

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I agree that Church of Satan is probably more goofy than evil. I believe that there are, however, real Satanic groups that go around committing crimes (some members of these groups have been arrested-i.e. Son of Sam), probably none of these groups have websites. Those with evil deeds love the darkness, whereas the Internet is highly "illuminated", free for all to view.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
So Satan changed his name to Lucifer after he got caught in the earth's gravity? Please expalin....

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by topsecretombomb

Aleister Crowley? What does he have to do with the church of Santa? er Satan? He may have had some psychological issues as many brilliant opened minded people of his day did as well. He was a great writer in search of the universe, himself and other dimensions, great artist, poet, scholar. Before you rip Crowley, read some non sensationalized academic stufff written about him by Israel Regardie. He knew the man personally.

top topics

join