It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will anyone apologize when the truth comes out?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
There were some interesting responses to this question.

One person said we have no idea what truth is.

One said we could benefit from apologies to each other
or coming to terms, whatever that may entail.

One asked when has anyone apologized to anyone and then
went on to an analogy about a person being released from a
mental hospital and then asked if that person was apologized to?

One asked about ffyfe's bananas.

One person said basically no.

One said no apology was wanted or needed.

One said no one has to apologize.

One asked if I was referring to ATS members. No, it was an all
around question asking about the world in general, although I may
not have asked it that way. I asumed that people would figure so.

One said more lies would be produced.

There were 5 responses from Rebellion talking about the food chain of
Reptilians and so on.

One replied to Rebellion about the food thing and then went on talk
about various types of 4 legged animals.

One said it will never be announced.

One pretty well said I had an ego problem. I don't have an ego
problem at all. I simply posed a hypothetical question, although
I guess I didn't state it was. I should have. I wasn't personally
asking for an apology. I only asked "what if".

Anyway, thanks for the various answers. I see where most of the
posters stand, and just one more thing. I never stated where I
stand on the issue. I only asked a question and didn't think I would
be told about the various food chains of various Aliens, or never
thought I would be called egotistical.

Thanks anyway!!

ZOOMER

[edit on 10-3-2008 by ZOOMER]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I don't think anyone believes everything presented on ATS and it would be foolish to do so. Most of what is here is pure theory or speculation. Occasionally we are going to stumble over facts and uncover things that are hidden. The process involves following lots of dead ends and researching lots of bad information.

Part of getting to the truth is also knowing when to concede something is not true. The purpose of these debates is to learn by comparing ideas. Just because someone does not happen to believe the same as you does not mean they are Disinformation Agents. If they exist their numbers are tiny.

When things are found to be true, their is nothing for anyone to apologize for. With none of us being perfect, we are all wrong sometimes and in fact we are wrong quite often. Its all part of the process.

I worry more about those who blindly accept everything as being true just because they want it to be. Often I see people demanding that something is true even though there is no evidence other than someones idea that it might be true. Things people just make up off the top of their heads or by pretending they know the meaning of something when in fact they have no idea what it means.

There are two sides to this coin. Some are gullible and accept any nonsense that comes their way and others refuse to accept things even when proof is presented. Still others seem to be incapable of distinguishing between real evidence and wild speculation due to a personal desire for it to be true. That is the group that concerns me personally. They are running on raw emotion without the logic processes of their brains engaged.

It is entirely possible some of what we see here is indeed the product of mental illness, hallucinations and way to often lies or fraud. We have no way of knowing for sure when that is the case and I often find myself walking softly in case I'm dealing with a fragile person exhibiting signs of mental illness.

In the end, it does not matter if people are right or wrong as long as the end of the process uncovers the truth. I'm fairly sure I'm wrong about some things in the same way I'm sure others are wrong about some things.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ZOOMER

CTers will only accept a truth that conforms to their expectations, so I doubt there'll be any apologies.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZOOMER
One pretty well said I had an ego problem. I don't have an ego
problem at all. I simply posed a hypothetical question, although
I guess I didn't state it was.

Sorry about that, I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to people who try to force or expect apologies of unwilling persons. That is a method that an egotist would typically use for self-substantiation.

My main point was that if someone is apologizing after the fact, its typically for damage control, and not truely sincere....

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZOOMER
or worse yet, are actually
paid debunkers to tell the rest of us that we are all crazy, delusional
nutbags that are attention seekers and the like. And what about
the so-called professional Psychologists, Psychiatrists, and others
that supposedly know what goes on in the human brain?...

...I would
simply like to know if any of them will have the cashews to admit they
are wrong.

You did a lot more than ask a simple question here. In fact you purposefully built a bonfire.

I'll put it back in your court. If something you believe to be true turns out to be wrong will you apologize?

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The truth will only come out when we the populace realise we are all living on the same rock, countries and borders should have no meaning now, hell we are supposed to be so intelligent yet we still squabble over land, religion, resources.

It is about time we (and our glorious leaders) realise we are all stuck on this rock and therefore should pull together and go and explore the universe rather than view it as the next battleground.

Politics/Religion meh

Wolfie

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Starred flagged. Great thread. What will they cling to in hopes to keep their fragile constants.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join