It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEBUNKED or just BUNK?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
We have preconditioned biases built into our conscious patterns. These are the filters humans unknowingly use to adjust understandings of intake opperations into their front conscious minds. Some would state they serve to protect our minds from overload aid in understanding. I question that reality.

Even the words I've just used will be percieved in an understanding to some as if it is the "reality" of what I've said. They will assume they understand and that the understanding of the use of my words is nigh universally understood according to their own interpetations of the word symbols.

These people often overlook much to fit everything they seen into their little black boxes.

This leads me to understanding of misunderstanding of understandings not understood. you know?

I've seen several things users have claimed to be "dubunked" but with understanding of this and knowledge of the opposet I know their "dubunking" skills are just bunk.

Those that seek to debunk things really are not seeking truth, they are seeking to fit understandings within their own model of reality. This makes their ability to debunk questionable.

I know the reality of myself to say the least.

I know people have climed to "debunk" things they haven't. I know they believe they've debunked those things. I'd speculate they assume universal "understanding" of a topic being debunked when it really was univeral misunderstanding on their part.

People who truly 'debunk' phenomenon go out in search of truth. the bunk debunkers go out in search of lies. People will find what they are looking for even if it isn't really there.

Isn't Debunking just alot of Bunk?

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Wow, that was one attractive post.

Thanks for the knowledge, I've gained from it.

=)

BTW, this post is neutral, I can pick that up from the initial fundamentals of the message, there is no real argument to this, just debate.

join