It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are no Aliens visiting this Earth

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

If you are home, every day, before it gets dark, and never leave untill it is day, and keep all your windows and doors closed and locked tight, it seems it would not matter if you do or do not believe.

Most people do not live like that.
Go ahead and take steps to keep yourself safe, anyway.
The same way you would want to take precautions for being robbed and murdered by common criminals.

Lets say you are camping in the woods and sitting around a fire.
you hear something off in the dark.
It is making foot stepps in the leaves on the ground, and at the same time, it is pulling on tree limbs twenty feet up.
You do not believe in bigfoot, so you decide this would be a good time to go off and take a leak.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Actually, if you are camping, it is not a bad idea to pee around your perimeter without walking off to far.

The scent might just keep certain types of animals away.

Would aliens cross that perimeter?

LOL, do tell us more!

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
To the OP:

I dont think your brain exists! Lets biopsy you first, and in doing so prove/ disprove my theory.

Up for some science??

Lack of evidence is not evidence of a lack of phenomena... so to speak.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Breadfan

good thread...

there is alot of circumstantial evidence to indicate that there are aliens visiting this earth. does this evidence provide 100% proof ? imo....NO...but this circumstantial evidence does increase the odds, but thats all it does.

until someone has a verified alien body to put on display for the world to see ...the only logical conclusion for the scientific community and the general public is to stay open to the possibility and continue with the thought that they might be visiting earth.

link   

There are no Aliens visiting this Earth

You know, I agree with you. Why would a traveler come all this way to only seek a Temporary Resident 'Visitor' status? I'm quite sure they're smart enough to opt for the 'Permanent Interplanetary Residence' (Green Card).

Either they have alien sponsors already living here, or they're applying for residency well before they leave (just imagine the paperwork involved).

Anyway, what's there for tourists to see here anyway? We're just embarrassing.

link   
Originally posted by 44soulslayer
To the OP:

I am answering, but am not the OP. I have an interest in the thread.

I dont think your brain exists! Lets biopsy you first, and in doing so prove/ disprove my theory.

I say you go first on a brain biopsy. What is your theory?

Up for some science??

If you can prove aliens exist by way of science, go for it!

Lack of evidence is not evidence of a lack of phenomena... so to speak.

What is, then?

[edit on 9-3-2008 by Enthralled Fan]

[edit on 9-3-2008 by Enthralled Fan]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I am just saying, it might be fun to be a sceptic, but think about things as if you were the guy in a scairy movie, and you are the first charector that gets killed.
It always seems to be be the guy who refuses to understand the evidence that there are mosters lurking about.
It might just be smart to keep a little healthy caution, when it comes to aliens, even if you do not want to be a believer.
Thousands of people disapear, without a trace, every year.
For all we know, we may be just alien food.
Go ahead and just keep going, when you see a UFO land in front of your car, when you are out in the boonies.
It can not be real, so just ignore it. I mean, where is the evidence?
Well, it wouldn't be coming from you because you will be lunch.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I am not a skeptic.

So you have proof that people dissapear because of aliens versus foul play? Hmmmm.

Humanity is what people should be afraid of. People dissapear for all sorts of reasons. Jealousy, child custody battles, just crime in general. To believe your neighbor, Sally, went missing becouse of aliens, versus her husband who might be schizophrenic, is grasping at straws.

You have no proof that aliens have taken anyone, so why do you even bring it up? It is possible that people are missing because evil humans have done away with them in some sort of fashion.

I think you are dissmissing how evil people can be in missing person cases, and to suggest aliens have somehow absconded with humans is, irresponsible and irrational. Go and tell the parents of Natalie Holloway your theory.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Oh, I do not have any proof of anything.
I am trying to work out what difference it makes if you believe in aliens, or do not believe in aliens.
I have deffinetly been almost killed by people a lot more times than by aliens or bigfoot.
Difference is, people do not have much choice about having to live among other humans.
But, there is something so frightening about being confronted by something that there is zero chance that you may be able to sit down and reason with and perhaps talk your way out of being killed.
Point is, do not get your self into a situation that you may not be able to get yourself out of, because you do not want to believe you are under threat.

[edit on 9-3-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The absence of proof is not proof of absence

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Breadfan

My proof is based on personal experience. I've seen multiple extra-terrestrial entities, multiple "UFOS," and generally believe its next to impossible to think we are alone in this entire universe (and mathematically IMPOSSIBLE).

Check out my recent podcast, I explain my contact

Are you calling me a liar? That wouldn't be the worst name I've been called...Nonetheless false.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

My proof is better then yours. I have no alien for you to show. Therefore, I claim, there are no aliens visiting this Earth.

Gee, you ought to talk to the government, because according to them, there are 20,000,000 "visiting:" the US alone, most of them crossing the Mexican border. If they're really not here, then maybe we can stop spending all of this money on health care, education and welfare for them. Thanks for the news bulletin. Now back to my email. I just received an email from a friend who is visiting from Zeta Reticula, and he (really it's an it) needs a place to stay. I told him we couldn't accommodate him/it, because we have a house full of Martians. Would you like to have a house visitor? It can tell you all about Zeta Reticula, and all of his cousins that are here on H1B Visas.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I don't believe that extraterrestrial (or other non-human) intelligence is visiting Earth or currently on Earth, either. However, I also don't disbelieve it.

I mentioned in another thread that I recall seeing a post a while back concerning the concept of psuedoskepticism and its pitfalls. The general point it made was this:

A true skeptic requires proof before he or she will believe an assertion such as the assertion that aliens are visiting the Earth. However, they make no assertions of their own, such as the assertion that they are not, without observable, measurable, demonstrable evidence to support that assertion. The psuedoskeptic, by contrast, makes assertions of his or her own, such as the assertion that "there are no aliens visiting this Earth." But you have evidence, you say, in the form of having never seen any.

Lack of evidence, unfortunately, is not evidence of the assertion that something does not exist or has not happened. It only constitutes evidence that you don't know one way or another.

I could make the assertion that faeries live my yard and that I see them holding tea parties every single night. The burden of proof would be mine, because I made the assertion. Unfortunately, all a true skeptic could say would be that they didn't believe me - they couldn't make the assertion that I was lying, hallucinating, or incorrect without evidence. A lack of evidence would not be evidence.

As a skeptic, all I can say is that I neither believe nor disbelieve that extraterrestrial or other intelligence has visited the Earth, as there is no entirely persuasive evidence in support of either possibility by my standards of proof. Unfortunately, by making his or her assertion, the OP now has to prove a negative - something that cannot be done.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Nobody is calling you a liar. They are asking you for proof to back up your story. If you don't have any, well, then, it's just your word.

I am not saying you are making up your belief, or experience, I am just saying that you have nothing to back up what you say.

Just because I might question you, does not mean I think you are a liar.

I might point out you need some sort of mental health support, but that could apply to a lot of people, not just people who have experiences with aliens.

Go see somebody in the mental health field, then when they tell you you are not crazy, then that might be some sort of proof.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I'm an alien hybrid. I still have hair because I'm part primate species.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by realanswers
I'm an alien hybrid. I still have hair because I'm part primate species.

Ya, can we have a hair sample? Primate species, as in regards to what other?

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Actually if you're human, then any hair sample proof from yourself will be just as good.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
ok, here's my take.

Not sure we're being "visited" by aliens yet. yea, i know, there's videos and underground military bases and stuff. I dunno, maybe we are???
BUT, in this whole vast universe, we CAN'T be the only ones here

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by realanswers
Actually if you're human, then any hair sample proof from yourself will be just as good.

So, you are suggesting that all humans are hybrids? Out of curiousity, what makes you think so?

Why can't humans just be humans? What do you know that the rest of human civilization doesn't?

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I used to be the kind of person who demanded hands on touchable evidence for everything in my own personal universe. Certain life altering events have cured me of that characteristic. The only thing that I demand now, when surveying the things that touch my perceptions (Physical, cognitive,emotional, and spiritual) is an open mind. I choose to have the power to believe that my immediate judgments may be affected by things that I can't "prove". Therefore, while I respect the position of the OP to demand a proof, I am open to the awareness that all things may not be provable at any given time and I suspect that this may have something to do with our overall development as a person or a species. Just my 2 cents worth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join