It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are no Aliens visiting this Earth

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

suspicions and proof are two different things.

You didn't mean to imply that you want to be convinced, did you?

we all have our own level of what we consider proof. i do not need anyone elses proof...whatever that may be.

Extraterrestrial life is life originating outside of Earth. It is the subject of astrobiology, and its existence remains hypothetical. There is no evidence of extraterrestrial life that has been widely accepted by the scientific community.

en.wikipedia.org...
Extraterrestrial life - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

this is what the mainstream thinking is on this subject and untill there is proof on the level set by the scientific community...most people are not going to believe.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by easynow]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
oops! Sorry about the "too small" picture,,,, Here is a larger one and it can be enlarged. I think you really need to determine what constitutes an "alien" before you decide whether it is visiting the Earth or not, Then you need to determine who or how many it/they must visit before it is considered a "visitation." Finally, i think we show dissect both our Leaders to determine if they are real or not.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
care to try again ?

Good one....showed jbondo a thing or two, didn't ya?

Take that jbondo.

I hope I'm not speaking out of line here.....but jbondo, my slightly tolerated foe, is aware of that.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

i really get a kick out of seeing supposed photo's of aliens...

i truly believe that if the real thing ever surfaced it would be censored and confiscated. so for me ...i kinda laugh at all the pics out there on the web.

but if anyone is interested in pics...IsaacKoi has an excellent thread about this very topic and i highly recommend it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Photos of "aliens" - online collections, page 1

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
As i said in a earlier post in this thread, i like this thread, it's interesting, and funny

But i am curious about a few things, and this is mainly directed at the sceptics in this thread that are denying that we are visited by something 'alien' .

I think this would be interesting.....

Even though there are no physical evidence of some sort of alien life form visiting this planet.
Do you also deny the possibility that they might be doing just that, without evidence of them doing so.

Do you deny the 'possibility' of this?

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dervishmadwhirler
This thread was clearly started to kick up some dust, its isnt worth it to talk about it, this is just a provocation.

The opening post wasn't meant to be a provocation. At least not the negative one, just to mess around with you. It was supposed to be plain and simple, straight to the point: show me your alien!

If my goal was to provoke for the sake of it, I wouldn't be making so many posts, replying to so many people ie. putting effort in defending my point of view.

I do care about this issue and let me tell you, I would really like to be proven wrong - for all of us to see the proof of their existance, hopefully, not at our expense.

You know who are the biggest critics of all time? Those who once belonged to the same system of belief they're now furiosly attacking, for they believed in it almost unconditionally, like I believed all those blurry photos, interesting tales of ex goverement people, documentaries etc.

I was impressed by all of it. I almost took it for granted: that we are being visited by some alien beings, that there's a coverup etc.

Then, what happens? Nothing happens. And then you come to the point of sobering up and screaming out loud, asking for an evidence.

Show me an evidence! Show it to me and I'll show it to the others, spread the word, proudly.

But I really doubt that's gonna happen in our lifetime. We have this board to stretch our imagination, to look for something better, more interesting, something that will open us a door to a different world.

We need to beleive in something, so we do. I do believe that there ARE extraterrestrial beings other then us. My belief is strong and nothing will change it untill my last breath.

But, when it comes to the subject of this thread, I need a bit more then my imagination and..what I would -like- to believe. I need a proof, a reward for my faith in this whole phenomenon.

Like many of us do.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balez

Even though there are no physical evidence of some sort of alien life form visiting this planet.
Do you also deny the possibility that they might be doing just that, without evidence of them doing so.

Do you deny the 'possibility' of this?

No, I don't deny it. But make no mistake, that doesn't mean that's enough 'proof' for me. Vague possibility is just not gonna cut it.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Breadfan

Now that's an honest post.

I think you describe a lot of debunkers and skeptics. Wannabe believers that are apostates to the faith.

And we need you guys. You're like our conscience, keeping believers from straying too far into the swamp gas.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
No, I don't deny it. But make no mistake, that doesn't mean that's enough 'proof' for me. Vague possibility is just not gonna cut it.

Are You Religious?

Need to reword this, do you believe in god?

[edit on 14-3-2008 by Spartan Warrior]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Thanks for the applause and thanks for acknowledging my efforts!

Heey..I now officially turned into a debunker.. never thought it's gonna happen.. crossed over to the dark side..(evil laugh).

No seriously, I feel weird now.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Breadfan
reply to post by NGC2736

Thanks for the applause and thanks for acknowledging my efforts!

Heey..I now officially turned into a debunker.. never thought it's gonna happen.. crossed over to the dark side..(evil laugh).

Heh
Does it really matter what others think you are? debunker, believer....
We are in the end,out looking after the same thing, knowledge.

What counts is, if you can investigate something clearly without prejudice you are on the right way.

EDIT to add:

And no i was not out looking to turn a possibility into being 'proof' of anykind, it was just to see if you were openminded or not.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by Balez]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

hi there Breadfan,

the only problem here is the way you titled this thread.

There are no Aliens visiting this Earth

i agree with you that there is no solid physical evidence that is available to the public. but the title of this thread implies your statement as a fact...wich you can not realistically say for sure is true.

i think a proper title would have been:

show me proof that aliens are visiting earth or

there is no evidence to show aliens are visiting earth

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spartan Warrior

Are You Religious?

I am, but I do not feel the need to convince other people in the existance of God for I myself admit that that there is no single proof of his existance. Whatever it is.

It is rather something I need to believe in, just to feel better.

But aliens flying spaceships over our heads is a completely different matter.
I'm sure even the strongest believers wouldn't like them to be compared to something as abstract as God.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by Breadfan]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

As I said, it's meant to be a positive provocation. I could have put it differently, more 'politically correct' but I'm not sure the response would be the same.
I mean, anyone who continued reading past the first post could realize the title had a lot more depth then one initially thought.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I've read only the OP's original post. I must say you are wrong. I, along with thousands of others across the country, have seen very real beings, very real craft (if you wanna talk craft only, place the number of witnesses in the millions), and considering this happened like only a couple of times, and it's not a recurring thing for me, I tend to assume that my brain didn't suddenly malfunction and cause me to create alien beings in my mind's eye.

I'm not a liar. I've got nothing to sell. I've got no book to write, because it's not epic. I just saw beings on a couple of different occasions in and around my house, and had friends believing me because of the hand prints that were on my bedroom wall, my front and back door, and a couple of windows.

Just accept it, dude. We're not all liars or psychos.

Although, seems the liars and the psychos get the most attention... probably because they've got these epic sagas to tell. I've just seen stuff occasionally. Not the blockbuster movie idea people clasp onto.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
matter of fact, if there WAS ever a movie made about my experiences, it would go something like this:

"Whoa, that was weird."

THE END

[edit on 14-3-2008 by indierockalien]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I was impressed by all of it. I almost took it for granted: that we are being visited by some alien beings, that there's a coverup etc.

Then, what happens? Nothing happens. And then you come to the point of sobering up and screaming out loud, asking for an evidence.

i understand how you feel and i think most people that study this field come across this same experience. some do as you have done...

and some like me return to the "fence"

and some blindly continue to believe everything....

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Do you have to beleive in facts? Universe has no age. At any "time" life or whatever life is, might have "developed". That means that there might be beings that are gazzilionths earth years old. That would be nothing surprising. Since universe does not dissapear and reappear out fo nothing there is a logical possibility that there is a race that succeded in surpassing planetary survival and expanded into vastness. Enormous quantity favours such outcome. Why dont they destroy us for example? Because they have no single reason to do so for example.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Maybe it's an age thing. I've been following the subject for a long frickin' time. And nothing. If anything, the noise in the signal has gotten even worse. BS cgi hoaxes, videos of miserable quality, goofballs selling "New Age" trinkets and pamphlets. Dubious assertions of extraterrestrials being as plain as the nose on my face...etcetera...etcetara

Sheesh......nothing I can pin my hopes on. Nothing. Stories....

One gets tired of looking and wishing...

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Breadfan

I am, but I do not feel the need to convince other people in the existance of God for I myself admit that that there is no single proof of his existance. Whatever it is.

It is rather something I need to believe in, just to feel better.

But aliens flying spaceships over our heads is a completely different matter.
I'm sure even the strongest believers wouldn't like them to be compared to something as abstract as God.

[edit on 14-3-2008 by Breadfan]

No matter what you say people have different opinions and believe in many other things.

Prove to me that god exists show me real pictures, you cant and that is the same with aliens, we choose to believe they exist to better ourselves you believe in a god where as others believe in aliens.

Im not comparing the two but just stating the pure fact that you cannot prove gods existence and you cannot prove the existence of aliens.

I personally believe in A god and also extra terrestrial beings

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join