It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The week that the internet was - Cyberstorm II...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Here we go.... this week is when the much anticipated "Cyberstorm II" will take place, Now being reported at InfoWars.com... I wondered if there was any interest in this topic, due to lack of replies in this thread a while ago... Dis-information from the 'F'-word Network?

The 2006 exercise had no impact on the real Internet. Officials said they were careful to simulate attacks using only isolated computers, working from basement offices at the Secret Service's headquarters in downtown Washington.
Here's a link to the Dept. Homeland Security statistics from the 2006 project...

"Cyberstorm II", something that has been prepared for over the past 18 months, will come into play this week. Computer World explains it like this...

Each organisation involved will be testing its own response to “a series of cyber incidents, culminating in a large-scale attack,” says Paul McKitrick of the Centre for Critical Infrastructure Protection (CCIP), which is co-ordinating the NZ leg of the exercise, but there will also be trials of the way organisations react and communicate with one another across an industry sector and internationally.

Each organisation involved will have at least one representative in its office and one at Exercise Control (Excon) in the CCIP office in Wellington. They will receive periodic information bulletins (called “injects”) on the fictional events constituting the crisis. They will decide how to react within their own organisation and between organisations, the latter signified by a representative at Excon getting up and walking to another organisation’s table for an exchange of information.

Most of the injects will take the form of messages on paper — “for example ‘your network logs have reported this’,” says McKitrick, but there may also be some “live” simulation of events on visual displays and emails will be exchanged nationally and internationally.

Messages will be headed “Exercise Exercise Exercise — Cyber Storm II” so they are not confused with messages indicating real situations.

"Organisations in Australia, the US, the UK and Canada will also take part in the exercise — a successor to Cyber Storm I, which was held in March 2006." This site from New Zealand is reporting the following participants in "Cyberstorm II"...
ANZ National Bank, Ascendo, CCIP, Cisco, Datacom, DMZGlobal, Government Communications Security Bureau, IBM, Immigration Services, InternetNZ, Microsoft, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Ministry of Health, NZ Customs Service, NZ Defence Force, PowerCo, Security Assessments, State Services Commission, Telecom, TelstraClear, Transpower, Vodafone, and Westpac...
This to me looks like, "Critical Infrastructures" of key players, are going to be very vulnerable this week... I am under the impression that, the possibility of a cyber attack played out in the most recent video in the "Die Hard" films, is on the brink of reality...

It is very, very real... And just thinking about the history of our World Powers, using "false flag" events... while "live" events take place in the real world... send chills through my spine...

Want to read more? Here are some articles for you...

Cyber Storm II offers proactive IT security
Cyber Storm II stirring
DHS Releases Cyber Storm Public Exercise Report - 2006 Report
Washington Prepares for Cyber War Games
Infragard

Opinions?

join