It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PM okays 750 new settlement homes, says fits state policy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

PM okays 750 new settlement homes, says fits state policy

www.haaretz.com

Prime Minister Ehud Olmert has approved the renewed construction of hundreds of an estimated 750 new homes in the West Bank settlement of Givat Ze'ev near Jerusalem, the Housing Ministry said Sunday.

Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erekat said the decision to build new housing
in Givat Zeev raised doubts about Israel's commitment to peace talks.

"It seems to me the Israelis are determined to put a stick in the wheel of negotiations," he said. "It will undermine the U.S. effort to revive the negotiations."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Israel was supposed to freeze all settlement activity. But they are carrying on regardless.

I guess this is what they must mean by working towards peace and a palestinian state.

I thought one of the things Omlette himself mentioned was the freezing of any more new settlements being built. Looks like you cant trust a word the zionists say.

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I think you need to understand the politics before jumping to conclusions. The settlement movement is the most powerful lobby in Israel and are funded by Christian Zionist in America. There is nothing no Israeli elected official can do but accept their terms.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Attari

It seem the settlement freeze was in exchange for the terrorists not attacking.

Since the terrorists are not keeping the agreement, I see no reason why Isreal should.

I know, how dare I point that fact out.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
At this point I think we would have been better off creating a new Jewish state in the middle of the U.S.

Before the State of Israel it was just desert wasn’t it? It was the Israelis that turned it into a lush oasis planting trees and foliage, building roads along with towns and cities? They could have done the same thing in one of our deserts and lived in peace in the U.S. To bad we can’t go back in time. Western Civilization has been screwing with that area ever since The Crusades and the East India Tea Company.

I know it’s debatable who originally settled the area. They tried before in the past to create a Jewish state but that only lasted about 100 years. The Israelis have too much at stake to pack up and go now, and I think most of them would rather die then leave. It doesn’t seem like we will ever see an end to this violence. Does anyone else think it might have been better to create a Jewish state in another part of the world? They went from the holocaust all the way to another part of world that seems to hate Jews almost as much as the Nazis. According to history many of the Israelis ancestors came from Europe in the 1950s. It’s like me going back to Canada and taking someone’s land because I have Canadian ancestry.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
and people scoff at the idea the zionists want a "greater israel"

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Attari

Well they all moved out of Gaza and need a place to live. The Arab terrorist never stuck to one tiny part of any deal so all deals are off. Live with it and stop the crying. Last time I checked the Arabs had all the land they will ever need, Opps I forgot the Arabs wont let the terrorist go home.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Attari

what a Bunch of crack Heads, on one side they are calling out to the international comunity that they are resented and attacked by hamas and so on so they are defending them selves by leveling buildings inside gaza,
and killing hundreds of people and claiming its to stop rocked attacks on Israeli settlements.

but insist on building more homes on occupied land.
is it that hard for Israel to keep their building work inside Israeli boarders
and not that of Occupied Land?

and they expect the palestinians to roll over and accept it as their homeland is slowly taken peice by peice?

isnt the whole point Israel supposeidly occupied the land for Miliatary stratigic value?
and the whole building settlements breaks international laws.

by doing this Israel have shown they have no desire for peace as they build more homes for squaters in land that isnt theirs.
and people say the palestinians are just the ones that dont want peace.

If Israel wanted peace they would stick within their Land.
Jokers.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
"what a Bunch of crack Heads, on one side they are calling out to the international comunity that they are resented and attacked by hamas and so on so they are defending them selves by leveling buildings inside gaza,
and killing hundreds of people and claiming its to stop rocked attacks on Israeli settlements. "

*snip*

If the Hamas did not attack a country, they would not get "RESPONCES" to their attacks-too much for them to realize.
It is VERY clear that all the deaths are a direct result of the Hamas. 0h how?
They launch rocket attacks from schools/ children’s play grounds/farm/civilian homes and in large groups of civilians.
They know very well there rocket launching sites will be bombed in response. By knowing this, we can only come to one conclusion, they know and want children/innocents and civilians to be killed for they propaganda purposes. (Just sick and disgusting-even for them)

"but insist on building more homes on occupied land.
is it that hard for Israel to keep their building work inside Israeli boarders
and not that of Occupied Land? "

Hmmm, I seem to remember no new settlements in exchange for no attacks.
Since we all know the terrorists are attacking, there is no agreement and no reason for not starting new settlements.(gee, I guess the Hamas got what they wanted

"and they expect the palestinians to roll over and accept it as their homeland is slowly taken peice by peice? "

It was never Palestine.
Furthermore, just for the accurate record, Gaza or the Gaza strip was owned/controlled by Egypt, it was never its own country/territory
When Egypt and several other Muslim countries were defeated, the land was gained.

"snt the whole point Israel supposeidly occupied the land for Miliatary stratigic value?
and the whole building settlements breaks international laws."

You actually expect Israel to follow international laws when the Hamas terrorists never do.
Surely you are not saying the laws apple to Israel but not the Muslim terrorist’s

"by doing this Israel have shown they have no desire for peace as they build more homes for squaters in land that isnt theirs.
and people say the palestinians are just the ones that dont want peace. "

That whole statement is just so wrong; I almost don't know where to start.
How can one have peace, when the Muslim terrorists are constantly attacking-and ALWAYS AIM FOR CIVILLIANS.

BTW, even Egypt knows it does not want Muslim terrorist coming into their country.
They rebuilt the wall destroyed by the Hamas terrorists leading to Egypt. It has been rebuilt out off steel reinforced concrete-clearly they know better.

"If Israel wanted peace they would stick within their Land.
Jokers. "

Actually, Israel did give some land to them and what was the result??
As everyone knows, the terrorists went up to the new, closer boarder and again launched rocked attacks.

They also tore apart a synagogue, down to the ground, however, the terrorists expect their religious temples to be respected-even knowing they hide terrorists and terrorist weapons in and below them

Staff Edit for civil discourse at member request.

[edit on 3/10/2008 by Djarums]

top topics

join