It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minnesota Bars Beat Smoking Ban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

MAPLEWOOD, Minn. - All the world's a stage at some of Minnesota's bars. A new state ban on smoking in restaurants and other nightspots contains an exception for performers in theatrical productions. So some bars are getting around the ban by printing up playbills, encouraging customers to come in costume, and pronouncing them "actors."The customers are playing right along, merrily puffing away -- and sometimes speaking in funny accents and doing a little improvisation, too.

The state Health Department is threatening to bring the curtain down on these sham productions. But for now, it's on with the show.

www.orlandosentinel.com...

I found this interesting. Could smokers light up in theaters and do this in any city?

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
LOL, I love when someone finds a fun creative way to cause politicians to issue more dumb threats lol. Great Idea and even though I dont smoke ciggaretts, keep it up I say and yes there should be areas in Bars where smokers can smoke it just makes sense.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Most excellent! I love this.
They found a way to beat the system.
I hope they succeed. I guess if I ever go to MN, I might have to become an actor.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I live in a state where smoking has been banned from bars. I have found that going outside to smoke is not all that bad. It leads to great conversations or some nice personal time. Also being a smoker I have found that I am less likely to smoke because I have to go outside, when at the bars. Lol, had to add that.

I do give props to these guys for finding a way around the smoking laws though. It's vary interesting and creative.

join