It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Candidate Stomp 2008

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
A "stomp" is an old tradition in the south where people gather to discuss politics and random political candidates stand on a platform and shout out there agenda. Routinely people "Stomp" to show approval or disdain.
(Thanks to semper for this definition and valuable input)

So, here's the idea...

Every week or month, depending on how often people want them, I'll be running one of these for members to promote their preferred candidates views on a variety of issues.

Obviously, we can't stomp to show approval - but we can star good posts.

It's really just good old fashioned tub thumping.

The thread titles will dictate the subject matter, for instance the first one might be "Candidate Stomp 2008 - Taxes" or healthcare or any one of a number of political issues.

Members who want to represent their candidate would be asked to make a post, then sit back and watch other members present their views - with the winner being the person with most stars.

Applause and kudos are the stakes, and I'll keep a track of who wins what and declare an overall winner just before the real elections start.

We could also have a Q&A at the end of the "stomp" after all advocates have spoken.

This is pretty informal, but we also need to understand that there has to be a little bit of structure so that everyone gets a chance to put their case forward.

Perhaps we could have some sort of entry process, where advocates declare that they will speak and then take it in turns.

Any input or feedback would be more than welcome, as well as ideas for different subjects.

So what do you guys think?
Are you up for this?

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Obviously I am all for this. Anything to get the Political blood boiling around here is right up my alley.

As far as how this could be structured or planned, I'm not really sure at this point. I think we would have to wait to see if there is any interest in this outside of myself.

At that point though, you can rest assured I'll be chiming in with some thoughts and opinions.

Great idea!

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I'd really like members opinions on this, and also any other idea's that people have to make this a fun and exciting forum.

So come on guys, let's make this a great place to visit.

Any and all suggestions are welcome, and thanks to nyk for posting and getting the ball rolling.

[edit on 13/3/2008 by budski]

join