It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama win a 'victory for terrorists'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Here's this ridiculous propaganda spreader in action.

You know what, even if he is right, that's not going to affect my vote at all. Obama is STILL the best man for the country and for me and my family.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
A loss in Iraq, which is exactly what Hussein Obama wants, is a victory for terrorists.
Do terrorists want us to win in Iraq? Does Hussein Obama? The answer to both is NO.

The war in Iraq has been lost long ago, and you have only your President and his cronies to blame. Get over it.

You don't support the war or the President's policies? You're not a patriot! You want to leave Iraq? You're a terrorist! What a joke...

You 'conservatives' really like to distort things and focusing on non-issues. Keep pointing out that Obama's middle name is Hussein I'm sure that really has an impact on people. And by people I mean the 30% that still support the President and listen to Bill O'Reilly and the other puppets at Faux News.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Double Eights

Why would the terrorists be attacking only the United States? Why not Canada? Netherlands? Ireland? Denmark? Italy? France? Australia? Scotland? Spain? etc.. etc..

Well they have attacked many other countries, but America is the big prize in attacking. During the eight years under Clinton the US was very standoffish towards terrorist groups. In the 80s we were still all about the cold war, but all this hatred towards us just didn't just happen since Bush has been in office. 911 was planned what 10 years before it happened, and we saw attacks on the US before Bush. Even China today has uncovered an “Islamic terrorist plot” towards the Olympics there.

Just wait, you will see greater attacks around the world once the US is pulled back. Right now it is so very difficult for terrorist groups to do anything. They have a very hard time with funds and logistics that when we pull back they will we free once again and they will attack and it will not be America as you might think.

Right now the biggest terrorist attacks have been focused on the Iraqi population for the last 5 years. They do some against the US military, but that all pales in comparison to what they been doing to the Iraqis in their attempts to undermine Iraq's struggle to form a democracy.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

just the point i was about to bring up

we are not the only country they attack

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

I don't see it like that at all. I think perhaps the radicals will respect the US and Obama more because he is not the typical American.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Attari

im intrested to know why you dont think he's the "typical" american?

he was born here went to school here and part of our political system.

what makes him diffrent?
what makes him better?

i honestly dont think he is any diffrent than any other politian from any party. i tend to lean toward the repiblican side mostly because i am pro military. i am a disabled vet. he does the same thing every other politaion does. he just tell you what he thinks you want to hear. he could give a rats a$$ about the american public. he knows nothing about forgien policy they dont get breifed on that stuff until after they get voted in office. do you honestly think this man will do every thing he says? he cant he has no idea how this all even works. just like every other person that has ever ran for office. they just dont know until they get there. think about it. learn your political history.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
i just would like it to be noted that i dont believe that an obama victory would be a win for the enemies of democracy. even though i am deeply rebublican. he is a smart man. smart enough to make the majority of democrats believe he has knowlege that no other canidate has.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

The good news for Obama is he will just blame it all on Bush…
[edit on 9-3-2008 by Xtrozero]

All of the things you say Obama will do - isn't that what Bush has spent 8 years doing?

------
OK, first of all Obama is not Muslim. He attends a Christian church every Sunday. Secondly, there are NUMEROUS people (the majority of Americans) who want to pull out of Iraq. How does this make them terrorists? With this line of thinking, the majority of Americans are terrorists.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Research Al Qaeda.

Many, if not all, Al Qaeda attacks occur against United States personell/property. There are the instances where other countries are attacked, but only because there were US targets at these attacks.

Many of the attacks you hear about being from Al Qaeda (London bombing, Madrid bombing) have been questioned. The two bombings I just mentioned have still not proven Al Qaeda was involved.

I'm not even sure Al Qaeda is a real orginization, just a tool created by the CIA.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady

Originally posted by Xtrozero

The good news for Obama is he will just blame it all on Bush…
[edit on 9-3-2008 by Xtrozero]

All of the things you say Obama will do - isn't that what Bush has spent 8 years doing?

------
OK, first of all Obama is not Muslim. He attends a Christian church every Sunday. Secondly, there are NUMEROUS people (the majority of Americans) who want to pull out of Iraq. How does this make them terrorists? With this line of thinking, the majority of Americans are terrorists.

the majority of americans according to your news source?

or have you actually spoken to the majority of americans

because the majority of the people i have spoken with about this subject donot support a pull out at this present time?

i love when people fell they have the right to speak for the masses

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
How come they have rolled the same AlQueda footage for 7 years now? Its always masked men going across monkey bars, masked men jumping in to water, gun toting mercenaries parading around OBL. That is pretty much it. I heard they paid the mercenaries to be filmed with OBL.

The islamofacists are in my opinion more acurately described as islamoanarchists. They are all loose nit and brainwashed wanting a few minutes of fame on their way to their virgins. They don't gather and vote on a leader. There is no government.

Funny thing is I always thought of anarchists as wanna be fascists. My way or the highway and all that.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
At one point in this debate, one has to realise that you cant argue with a terrorist, nor can you argue with a brainwashed American soldier who honestly believes him and 3 marines can take over the planet.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LwSiX

when all else fails attack the person and not the post.

is it my fault you are not well eduicated in this topic?

sadly enough you cant blame this on another person which seems to be the norm from the democratic party.

the battle of tripoli 4 marines en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 15pmu122007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

One of Obama's core policies is dialogue between these groups and the US. Now that's forward thinking.
And that is why the US will gain more credibility in the eyes of these groups.

Perhaps that is why people want to vote for him.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Obama's a horrible candidate, but not because of his alleged support for terrorist groups, but because of his blind support for Israel and insinuations that he might attack Pakistan. Boycott these elections!

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady

Bush’s biggest failure has been Iraq’s failure to unite into a new country. Their failure is to such a level that Saddam should never have been removed for that country deserves him.

The 1.5 trillion we have spent to help Iraq is what has kicked America in the nuts. If we actually went in and got out within two years Bush would have been a genius, but that was not the case. With that said I make much more money today than I did 10 years ago and I pay fewer taxes than I did ten years ago so I can say my life has been better under Bush than Clinton.

Bush has done little to forward the security of the borders, but I see Obama taking that in the negative direction.

I’m against socialized medicine because when the government controls something like this it results in poor service at extremely high prices, and this will just cost me a lot in taxes with nothing in return.

I would like to see the next president dig us out of the hole that Bush has put us in, but Obama will not be that person to do it if he is president.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble
the majority of americans according to your news source?
or have you actually spoken to the majority of americans
because the majority of the people i have spoken with about this subject donot support a pull out at this present time?

No, I don't believe I have the right to speak for the masses. But the taking of polls of the American people does.
Check this out:

www.pollingreport.com...

ABC News/Washington Post Poll. Feb. 28-March 2, 2008. N=1,126 adults nationwide. MoE ± 3. Fieldwork by TNS.
"All in all, considering the costs to the United States versus the benefits to the United States, do you think the war with Iraq was worth fighting, or not?"
63% said no; 34% said yes
Please take a look at the polling info; it only takes a second and there's lots more there to back up the numbers.

Dale, I didn't make this up or assume anything. I've done my research, and any reliable poll I've come across says the majority of American's want out of the IRaq War AND think it was a big mistake.
What you've done is ask your friends, who probably aren't representative of the cross-section of Americans; of the two methods, I'd say polling is more reliable, wouldn't you?

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble
the majority of americans according to your news source?[...]

So, in your opinion forestlady's claim that most americans want to pull out from Iraq doesn't have any validity, but somehow your claim does because "the majority of people you've spoken to are against pulling out"? Thats an interesting logic...

Anyway, here's some sources for you:

Friday, June 16, 2006 - Poll: Majority wants Iraq pullout date set (CNN)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A majority of Americans -- 53 percent -- favors setting a timetable for U.S. troop withdrawal from Iraq, with 47 percent saying the deadline should be in a year or less

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - Majority in Poll Favor Deadline For Iraq Pullout (Washington Post)

With Congress preparing for renewed debate over President Bush's Iraq policies, a majority of Americans now support setting a deadline for withdrawing U.S. forces from the war-torn nation and support putting new conditions on the military that could limit the number of personnel available for duty there, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 - Most Iraqis Favor Immediate U.S. Pullout, Polls Show (Washington Post)

BAGHDAD, Sept. 26 -- A strong majority of Iraqis want U.S.-led military forces to immediately withdraw from the country, saying their swift departure would make Iraq more secure and decrease sectarian violence, according to new polls by the State Department and independent researchers.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by forestlady

not really i have heard or your polls i have seen them and i have read them. i have never been asked to take part in them and niether have many of my friends. when you look at a poll you have to see where the majority of the responces come from the demographics of these polls are often over looked and not factored in and just presumed to be right. because they are from a source that you trust..

let me give you an example. true story.
the democratic party called me for one of these "polls" one evening had tons of questions for me until i told them i voted republican. they then proceded to tell me that the information gained from me was not benifical and that my comments would not be used in any way. they then hung up the phone on me. which i might add i thought was quite rude.

so my friend number do sometimes lie. most often when they are comming from a one sided source..

btw i have a few friends that call themselves democrats. one of my closest friends and buisness partners is a democrat.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by danx

i never claimed that the majority of the american people were in favor of not pulling out

i said the majority of people i know are aginst a pull out.

dont read between my lines, for there is no hidden messages..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join