It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Console Ever

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
According to the experts anyways, the 360 is the worst console ever.

us.i1.yimg.com...

Over 18 million Xbox 360s have sold through since the console's launch in November 2005, but just how many of those are still working? Squaretrade, a company that specializes in providing warranty support to purchasers of electronic goods from various manufacturers, claims 16% of Xbox 360s experience a hardware failure within six to ten months after a warranty purchase. Three out of every five failures were for the infamous "Red Ring of Death" general hardware failure error, a problem often linked to overheating.

Sorry, I loved the title on my yahoo home page, Worst Console Ever? And had to post it up here.

mod edit: added external quote tags.

[edit on 9-3-2008 by UK Wizard]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Ahhh more fanboyism.
grow up.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Sorry, I didn't make this article, gaming experts did. So unless a multi million dollar company is a fan boy...

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
16% percent is definitly something to take notice of. However I'm still happy with my xbox 360, which believe it or not hasnt broke yet. But really, how many threads are you going to start to blast the 360. We know its got problems, you and me have already had a lengthy discussion about it, I think its time to move on.

Anyway I'll probably end up getting a PS3 after boot camp because they got some good games coming out(finally). With that in mind I'll happily play awesome games on both consoles.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
According to my research the CD-i it the worst console ever. That thing sucked. Almost as bad as the Jaguar, but at least that had a the Ninja Gaiden arcade port.

I used to think it was the 3DO, but I've since change that opinion over to the CD-i.

I've got a 360, I think it's fine, and I've even had mine replaced.

I don't care what the failure rate is on that thing, it's far superior to the garbage that is the CD-i.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I love my 360, its awesome no problems so far...

Fox

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
No need to argue over which console is better. PC owns both of em.

PC

Maybe if people didn't play the games for hours on end the xbox's wouldn't overheat. But sitting down for multiple hour sessions has become way too common these days....

[edit on 3/9/08 by AcesInTheHole]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I played an 11 hour session of Guitar Hero 3 on the day it came out and not once did my xbox get too hot, or start to freeze up. The only thing that happened was me getting a splitting headache and having some forearm burning, but that all builds character.

I think the main problem thats causing the xbox overheating is people putting their xboxes in closed quarters and expecting to play them without any kind of negative effects.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The nintendo game cube. It was way beyond all the other consoles available at that time. Hower they improved themselfs with the WII.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I have only ever owned PS1, PS2 & PS3, oh sorry before that it was the VIC 20, C64 and Amiga along with now a pc built for gaming.

HHH you love your PS's and fair dues but boy you do not half spout off way toooooooooo much and sneer any other console than a PS.

If people have a console and it provides what they want then it is the dogs b****xs to them, as it should be.

Your rhetoric is enough to make me want to kick my PS3 in the teeth, calm down and enjoy what you have and let others enjoy what they have.

Wolfie

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I own 'em all and play 'em all.

I just wish the PS3 would come out with some of the franchise games already!

I'm buying the 360 versions of games like COD4 because of the, at least what I perceive, superior experience with XBOX Live, not because there's any difference in how the two play.

But, when Metal Gear and FF come out...whoooboy, that's when things will really start to heat up in the console war.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfie_UK

I don't really understand your psycho babble gibberish, but I did decipher the phrase Commodore 64 and YEAH BABY! that was cool.

I had this tank commander game that made me pale and unattractive to girls from playing it hour on end but IT WAS FUN!

I also had the Tandy TRS 81 and a cassette game of a pig shooting damsels in distress and that made due until the GOD OF PONG came out on the ATARI.

I sold my soul to ATARI and NINTENDO and sold it again to the XBOX and XBOX 360. YEAH BABY!

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The worst console of all-time was the Sega CD. It came out between the Sega Genesis and the Sega Saturn. My friend had it, lol.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Megaton
The worst console of all-time was the Sega CD. It came out between the Sega Genesis and the Sega Saturn. My friend had it, lol.

I can agree there. I did like the game Sewer Shark though, you fly around in a maze of sewers blasting radioactive rats. Good times.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Id have to go with the Sega CD/Sega32X.
That poor poor Sega.
It looked like it was getting rapped by all those add-ons.
It was an ugly,ugly system.
After all the damn add-ons,it looked like a Sega on life support.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by HHH Is King

Actually by coming on here and rabidly posting every conceivable anti X-box thing you can find on the internet and starting an X-box bashing thread under the guise of a worst console thread by opening it with an anti X-box artical you are being a fan boy.

I have owned Play Stations and X-boxes and you know what neither is better than the other. The only reason an X-box will break is if you allow it to overheat by putting it in a small confined space, anyone who knows anything about computers(remember a console is basically a pc with a skinned os and fancy controllers) will know not to shove it in a confined space.

The only real difference between consoles are a few franchises who have equivalents on other systems anyway so thats a moot point. As for people bitching about graphics, game play>graphics, remember when games were 8 bit? When game developers had to actually make a game decent instead of an e-peen waving contest about who could cram the most polygons onto the screen. Graphics have gotten to a point where there wont be a significant difference unless you have a ridiculously huge tv and enjoy inspecting each pixel with a magnifying glass.

Once again grow up and grow out of fanboyism.

As for the worst console ever
Id have to go with Dreamcast, seriously that thing died in the arse after what, 6 months?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Sorry but its not me saying this. Its EGM, Game Pro, Million Dollar Companies! Not I, gaming magazines and Million Dollar Companies. Sorry if the top Gaming Magazines and Million Dollar Companies all agree but not on me.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
lol, ya... the Jagua64 was wayyy better than the 360

I dont really play it that often, under 50 hours total since i got it in december.. although I'll probably double that once GTA4 comes out in a little over a month.

Actually, I just borrowed a game today because my friend's 360 died recently.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
They are the best. 80% of the time its the owners fault becuase they allow theirs to overheat. I straped on some getto cooling mine is putting out half the heat it normally did.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Intellivision

I know I`m old

top topics

<<   2 >>

join