It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

star trek

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2002 @ 09:58 PM
link   
whos seen the new movie how was it ?? what is the main idea of the plot without typing the whole thing

posted on Dec, 20 2002 @ 03:21 PM
link   
no one seen it

posted on Dec, 20 2002 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by f16falcon
no one seen it

That is because it cannot compare to starwars! I still watch it at least once a week.

posted on Dec, 20 2002 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Once a day here i scare my self

posted on Dec, 21 2002 @ 12:29 PM
link   
i'm sorry but star trek just isn't the same with out Capt. Kirk, Bones, and Mr. Spock. Not to mention that i have never been that impressed with the next generation. You can't have Klingons on a starfleet vessel.

posted on Dec, 21 2002 @ 07:57 PM
link   
ya but its the politically correct 24th century
btw i hate political correctness

posted on Dec, 21 2002 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Well I love Star Trek in all forms and can't wait until the 3rd January when it comes out here in England.

I have always watched every series with admiration. I don't care about whether it's Kirk or Picard, Janeway, Sisqo or Archer... I love the visualisations and depth of perception the series have created.

Its for my last statement that Star Wars will never win me over, the movies lack technical depth. I'm not starting an argument or political discussion, just my opinion.

.... and I'm staying away from KaZaA, I want to see this one in surround sound!

posted on Dec, 22 2002 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Hmmm simon i can not express in words how i feel...
the dark side is strong with him

posted on Dec, 22 2002 @ 01:56 PM
link   
quicksilver what u sayin star trek is way better than star wars!!!! simon is rite the in depth detail is really good my preference is
1) TNG
2) voyager/original
3) enterprise
4) DS9
simon whats your ranking of them??

posted on Dec, 22 2002 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Ranking the series of Star Trek is really difficult as I am a trekker, and not a trekkie. From my point of view, here is my preference:

1. TNG
2. Voyager
3. TOS (The Original Series)
4. DS9
5. Enterprise

Please bare in mind that I like the series based on their technological influences. "The Next Generation" will always lead the pack in this standpoint without any argument, no matter how much trekkies like TOS.

Don't forget that rumours are roaming the Net that Riker and his new captainship of the U.S.S. Titan will lead to a new series of Star Trek which includes the downfall of the Federation... that would be awesome from my view!

[Edited on 23-12-2002 by SimonGray]

posted on Dec, 22 2002 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Sorry, but, I'm not like that...

I never really liked the star trek or star wars movies, to geekish for my taste (no offense guys).

I guess I can say I didn't like 'em cuz it's so... so... fake. I mean, it's not any good when the authors have this whole universe to work with- one they created themselves - and they don't go into depth with the hole thing. Either they do that, or don't create the universe is what I'm sayin I guess. Oh well, I'm not critizicing you for liking it. You'd probably do the same with me.

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Inspectah, one of the reasons I like Star Trek (as I stated) is the depth of the shows, including the vast scientific input that has made it an incredible insight into the future.

If anything, the Star Trek universe is incredibly realistic, based on the input of theologians, futurologists, scientists, military advisers, etc.

I suppose you have to have watched it for as many decades as I have to appreciate it though...

... in other words I'm a geek!

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 07:14 PM
link   
but star trek and star wars are like
wow i wish we had that and its pretty neat better than that harry potter lord of the rings stuff

posted on Dec, 25 2002 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Star wars has no depth???????? WHat??? There are so many side stories and relationships and ever1 is intewoven in the story. THats why i like SW soooo much because of all the side stories. And for no thechnological depth c'mon it might not be as concievable as some of the Star Trek ones but there technoligy is Feakin awsome. This is one was that neither side iwll win> Trekkies and Star Wars freaks will fued forever and ever as long as there is still fan fiction.

posted on Dec, 25 2002 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I dont pay $7.50 to see some movie that is boring yet has a lot of "scientificness" ie star trek. I watch movies to be entertained. that is the purpose. and to me star wars is far more entertaining than star trek. this might not be your view and i am not trying to change it, just stating mine.

posted on Dec, 25 2002 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Okay, fair enough, but since we have some Star Wars fans present, can someone please explain this to me:

Why the hell does the beginning of every SW movie say "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..." (or something like that, quoted from memory) yet in the movie people are spoken of as humans.

I mean, what the hell, if the stories are based a long time ago in a distant galaxy, how are they human?

See, the movie is wrong from the very beginning before it even began!

... I could be wrong, any SW-obsessed fans out there please set me straight.

posted on Dec, 25 2002 @ 07:58 PM
link   
this may be too simple of an answer but here it goes. It's a movie, so Mr. Lucas can do whatever he likes? Since we know most of it is BS why not insert humans in the mix too. Or perhaps he's thinking that humans migrated here from another planet and then got stupid. seems like that's what's going on with my girlfriend, she's probably dropped 20 IQ points since i met her a year ago.

posted on Dec, 25 2002 @ 08:01 PM
link   
i saw it and i thought it was pretty good
at the end data dies saving the whole ship and a whole world.

posted on Dec, 25 2002 @ 08:10 PM
link   
It wasn't him on the ship. At the end, look at B4. There is no second port on his neck...

posted on Dec, 25 2002 @ 08:39 PM
link   
There humanoids. I understand ur ? but its the same reason they all speak englsh and crap its a movie. Im sure not all the aliens on Star Trek speak alienish. Minor detail. And for all yall givin away the end please stop.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join