It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sally Kern, "Gay's are Infiltrating our City Council."

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Thanks for the verses, at last they show a side of Christianity that the preachers taking over ATS lately has forgotten in their pursue of self misguided righteousness and hell bound preaching.

Here's some more scripture for ya.
“But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female. For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate" (Mark 10:6-9).
These are Jesus' words.
Just because he didn't specificly mention homosexuality people are assuming he didn't care about it. He didn't specificly mention wife beating or incest either, but other people in the Bible did.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

MY GIRLFRIEND IS INFERTILE. Are you saying my committing myself to her is wrong too?!?!

Oh my good grief people. Get real for a minute. No I'm not saying that. Her being infertile is not against nature. SOMETIMES things happen. By the way, I'm sorry to hear that about her.

link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
These are Jesus' words.
Just because he didn't specificly mention homosexuality people are assuming he didn't care about it. He didn't specificly mention wife beating or incest either, but other people in the Bible did.

Ah, but wasn't prostitution proclaimed wrong by others in the Bible but Jesus hung with Mary M.

link   

Originally posted by Christian VoiceActually people accepting homosexuality and promescuity and broadcasting it on television and the movies are the reasons our country is in such trouble.

This nonsense. If you are not inclined towards same-sex sex, you're not gonna do it because it's icky...same, I'm told, as a gay feels about hetero sex. You can't talk somebody into being gay. You can force yourself on somebody, and that's a whole different debate, but consentual sex between two adults is nobody's business but their own. If you don't want to see two guys holding hands...turn your head, turn the channel whatever.

NOW...back to the initial issue, Kern was elected to represent her district. As long as she was not inciting hatred, she can say what she wants...but she is accountable at the polls. I'm not gay, I'm glad my kids aren't gay, but that's because I wish them a life unencumbered by unwanted attention of bigots and fools. But if Kern was running as my rep, I'd throw her butt out as someone who does not speak with my voice. Further to that, I'm falling back on my signature, as I've about talked this one out.

link   
Gay people are usually exclusively gay. If you are bisexual or heterosexual and promiscuous - you just like sex, in so many words you are a pervert. Those animals are just little perverts trying to get off, they're animals they don't know any better. If those animals were exclusively Gay the species would become extinct. Big difference.

I view homosexuality as a mental illness. I view homosexual sex as a sin. Judge the sin not the sinner. There are people born with both sets of organs, hermaphrodites - it's an aberration - the doctor makes a decision and usually snips away - now I am sure they can become confused about sexual identity - I think homosexuality is the psychological component to that confusion. It's a mental disorder like being a hermaphrodite is a physical abnormality. I don't see a need to persecute sick people but I'm not going to approve of their disease and call it normal. If they are trying to in act legislations that call it normal I think they are wrong. If it were "normal" there would be no human race.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Ah, but wasn't prostitution proclaimed wrong by others in the Bible but Jesus hung with Mary M.

He didn't "hang" with a prostitute. He talked with her, and he washed her sins away. He never condoned her actions. Don't try and get your point across intrepid by perverting what the Bible says.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

We have exclusively gay people, why aren't we extinct. Oh great scientist, please show me your studies, as we have done for you with ours.

I'm tired of the garbage. "The Christian Voice" over here dismisses our study, then throws up some clearly biased websites info, and doesn't even actually answer any questions.

Now you come in and say that sexuality is a mental illness. I don't care what you view, I care about facts.

Do you have any?

[edit on 10-3-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

He didn't "hang" with a prostitute. He talked with her, and he washed her sins away.

Where in the Bible did it say that she wasn't a part of Jesus following? I believe she was. My religious day are decades behind me though.

He never condoned her actions.

He didn't condemn her either. Didn't one of the apostles have some sort of grudge against her and jesus told them to back off?

Don't try and get your point across intrepid by perverting what the Bible says.

Not perverting it at all, looking at it without bias.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Intrepid, do you think you could set up some sort of debate with these people?

It's impossible to get them to really focus and answer questions because they can just pick and choose what to respond to on this forum.

Obviously they have to be willing, but do you think we could work something out?

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

The Debate Forum. If you get someone to take you up on this offer, u2u The Vagabond. He'll set it up.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepidIf you get someone to take you up on this offer, u2u The Vagabond. He'll set it up.

Lard T'underin' Jayzuz, bye...I'se be toonin' in fer dat!

link   

He didn't "hang" with a prostitute. He talked with her, and he washed her sins away. He never condoned her actions. Don't try and get your point across intrepid by perverting what the Bible says.

I think you are missing the point!

Why should Fairy Tales have any bearing on someone's sexual preference? Wake up and smell the reality.

link   
reply to post by intrepid

Well there you have it per Intrepid. If it is allowed for me to have two debates going on at one time, I am issuing an open challenge to "Christian Voice" or Bigwhammy (or anyone who happens to agree with them, for that matter).

I will let you choose the title question, as long as it represents your values. I will let you choose who gets to go first. Any other requirements you may have, we can work out.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
Why should Fairy Tales have any bearing on someone's sexual preference? Wake up and smell the reality.

Fairy Tales? Fairy Tales!? Oh come now...be nice...lol!

[edit on 10-3-2008 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620

Well there you have it per Intrepid. If it is allowed for me to have two debates going on at one time, I am issuing an open challenge to "Christian Voice" or Bigwhammy (or anyone who happens to agree with them, for that matter).

I will let you choose the title question, as long as it represents your values. I will let you choose who gets to go first. Any other requirements you may have, we can work out.

Sublime, I would recommend against attempting to argue these points within the model of modern misinterpretations of the bible. I and you both know and understand the "Good News" of the Gospel which allows us to step out of the law and walk in Grace. And I would go so far to say that you and I both are aware that the psychological reasons behind this are of far greater importance than any supernatural mumbo jumbo. However, these others don't appear to even have a theological basis other than what the preacher has been a sayin' on Sunday Mornin'

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

There is also the widely ignored story about Jesus healing the Roman soldier's boyfriend ("pais", the term used in the bible, implies a sexual relationship, but is translated to "slave" in English.)

This story appears not once but twice in the Gospels.
And it's unlikely that anyone at the time was unaware of the nature of the centurion's relationship with his "slave."

[edit on 3/10/08 by xmotex]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by Quazga

Fairy Tales? Fairy Tales Oh come now...be nice...lol!

Seriously On one hand we have fear mongers... (er Bible thumpers) and on the other we have someone who feels they need to justify it within the cosmology of the bible thumper, so they spit statistics.

Let's just call a spade a spade. Fairy Tales have caused more people to get killed in the name of one Fairy or another, that it's time to stop this and call it what it is. Stupidity masked as morality.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

I haven't finished reading the rest of this thread - yet. However, I as a Christian and not anti-homosexual will answer this:

To all of the pro homosexuals, what is morally wrong? As far as sexual things are concerned?

The only thing that I see as sexually morally wrong is adults having sex with children or animals....and rape - forcible sex on another unwilling person

I believe if 2 consenting adults want to have sex anyway they please, so be it. The key is CONSENTING ADULTS.

Im also one who believes that if we have to follow one rule in the Bible...then we have to follow them all. We cant just pick and choose what we want to follow. This is the problem I have with religion. Oh another big issue I have....is much of the reading comes from some man. There is nothing that tells me that these words are from God or just made up by some person. I believe in God, but I also feel that I have to do what I think he leads to me to, etc etc for MY LIFE....verse.....doing what some man INTERPRETS everyone should do.

[edit on 10-3-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga Let's just call a spade a spade.

But, he said (tongue firmly jammed into cheek)...lets try to keep the word Fairy out of any civilized discourse on homosexuality.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Hey, Intrepid, since you were just here, I need help. My avatar dissappeared and my member center page will not let me replace it. Any ideas? Any help would be awesome.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join