It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sally Kern, "Gay's are Infiltrating our City Council."

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

It just is not scientifcially, physiologically, or genetically correct for life to be homosexual. It literally goes against the laws of nature.

Then why is homosexual behavior so common & widespread in nature, as has already been pointed out in this thread?

It's been observed in most bird and mammal species - it seems to be endemic to all the higher life forms on the planet.

Perhaps it simply goes against your conception of nature.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
Try reading again,

Back at you man, since you didn't reply and address the bulk of my previous post.

God has nothing to do with Homosexuality

I REALLY want to know why Gandhi is in your avatar. I already posted many bible passages suggesting otherwise. Religion aside, it's just funny when you believe a creator god of everyting but then condem homosexuals as broken and unatural... AND THEN are so bold as to suggest God "has nothing to do with homosexuals". I thought the idea was that God has everything to do with everything.

And you are assuming you know what homosexuals want. I dotn claim all homosexuals want to be cured, but I have for one met one who has.

Well I am bisexual so I have an edge here.

And I have met many that havn't. What's the point again?

It just is not scientifcially, physiologically, or genetically correct for life to be homosexual. It literally goes against the laws of nature.

I am curious: how do you feel about bisexuals that procreate?

I dont believe that people should be persecuted for it, or chastised,

You are doing this by calling it unnatural and saying they need a cure.

[edit on 013131p://10u03 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

Cmon motex? Do you honestly believe this type of person will answer to that kind of rationality. Especially in an open forum?

They'll just throw a strawman out there, and try to move on. You have to realize, these people do not want to think.

They just love to spread hatred and ignorance, and lie to themselves that they are correct. That way, they can still sleep at night, knowing they haven't managed to do anything productive.

These are the types of people who talk about who's going to heaven or hell. I think when their judgment day arrives, they'll be surprised to find that their God doesn't care how often they went to church, only that they treated the people around them with utter contempt.

**Edited to add:

I guess we should start censoring mentally retarded people also, since they are not natural. I mean, obviously God doesn't want us to be retarded, it goes against nature.

Great logic.
I hope these people (the gay haters) don't actually talk to other people in society though.

[edit on 10-3-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that the bunch of homosexuals who do not want to be gay feel that way because people like you have deemed them to be "incorrect".

I'm gonna go out on the same limb and suggest that alot of homosexuals do not want to because it feels unnatural and wrong.
I would really appreciate it if people would stop calling me ignorant and a bigot. I haven't called anyone on here names and it needs to stop. Where is the moderator?

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Well one has to try.

Besides I don't get the sense that the poster I was replying to is a hater, really.
There are some in here who are.

But IMHO the poster in question is simply mistaken, & I am just attempting to do my job here & deny ignorance

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Somehow tying homosexuality to crime and divorce rates is exactly how this country got into the position it is in, and exactly the problem with this country.

Actually people accepting homosexuality and promescuity and broadcasting it on television and the movies are the reasons our country is in such trouble.
I hope that's not over your head. I can break it down.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Then why is homosexual behavior so common & widespread in nature, as has already been pointed out in this thread?

It has not been proven anywhere. Animals know nothing of sexuality. Sex in all animals except humans is instinctual for survival of a species.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Really, since gay marriage is not even legal, how do you explain the sky rocketing divorce rates?

What does gay sex have to do with crime? Do they say, "Hey, wanna go have gay sex and then sell some drugs?".

Is that what you think?

So you think, instead of teaching children good morals and judgment, we should just start censoring media.

Hey that works out I bet. That way, when you explain the world to your kids, you won't have to explain why people in ghetto have little to no chance or support systems to help them get out! Hey, if they don't know, I guess it's not your problem right??

Yeah, lets not fix any problems, let's just censor it all and hide in our closets.

The Christian way. Established thousands of years ago, still alive and well.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Yeah, don't bother picking up a book or anything. Just go to church and you can't be wrong right?

1,500 animal species practice homosexuality

Homosexuality is quite common in the animal kingdom, especially among herding animals. Many animals solve conflicts by practicing same gender sex.

"One fundamental premise in social debates has been that homosexuality is unnatural. This premise is wrong. Homosexuality is both common and highly essential in the lives of a number of species," explains Petter Boeckman, who is the academic advisor for the "Against Nature's Order?" exhibition.

The most well-known homosexual animal is the dwarf chimpanzee, one of humanity's closes relatives. The entire species is bisexual. Sex plays an conspicuous roll in all their activities and takes the focus away from violence, which is the most typical method of solving conflicts among primates and many other animals.

Emphasis mine. There's more, if you actually care to read.

Or just do as we expect, skip the reading, throw out a straw man, and prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that having this debate with you is completely useless.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

You must have missed the post earlier (page two) by themillersdaughter.
Homosexual behavior observed in at least 1500 aniimal species.

Homosexual behavior is very common in nature - in NJ I saw two male deer getting it on in my backyard

Another (hilarious) article on the subject: Salon: The Fabulous Kingdom Of Gay Animals.
Worth a read just for the laughs.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

I used to live in NJ too. Deer are everywhere. At any given time there would be a herd in my backyard.

Most people don't know that about Jersey. They think it's all urban, when it's mostly rural.

*edited to add:

And did you know that many people not from the Tri-State area (NY, NJ, PA) think that Rutgers is an Ivy League school?

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Wow,

What really gets me is her hiding behind the 1st amendment on this.

I wish the reporter would just say "Hey Kerns... we don't have an issue with you exercising your speech... what we have an issue with is elected officials who are hate mongers"

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

Stern should send Baba Booey.

He'd say all of that - and then some, of course.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I am convinced that all republicans are closet case gays and some of them vote for democrats in secret.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Oh, I'm sorry. Because a scientist suggests that animals have been homosexual it must be true. Afterall these scientists have proven evolution. That was sarcasm just in case you didn't noticed. Check out this link. I'll post a few items from it for ya.

www.narth.com...

Anyone engaged in the most elementary animal observation is forced to conclude that animal "homosexuality," "filicide" and "cannibalism" are exceptions to normal animal behavior. Consequently, they cannot be called animal instincts. These observable exceptions to normal animal behavior result from factors beyond their instincts.

To explain this abnormal behavior, the first observation must be the fact that animal instincts are not bound by the absolute determinism of the physical laws governing the mineral world. In varying degrees, all living beings can adapt to circumstances. They respond to internal or external stimuli

Second, animal cognition is purely sensorial, limited to sound, odor, touch, taste and image. Thus, animals lack the precision and clarity of human intellectual perception. Therefore, animals frequently confuse one sensation with another or one object with another.
Third, an animal's instincts direct it towards its end and are in accordance with its nature. However, the spontaneous thrust of the instinctive impulse can suffer modifications as it runs its course. Other sensorial images, perceptions or memories can act as new stimuli affecting the animal's behavior. Moreover, the conflict between two or more instincts can sometimes modify the original impulse.
In man, when two instinctive reactions clash, the intellect determines the best course to follow, and the will then holds one instinct in check while encouraging the other. With animals that lack intellect and will, when two instinctive impulses clash, the one most favored by circumstances prevails.[4]
At times, these internal or external stimuli affecting an animal's instinctive impulses result in cases of animal "filicide," "cannibalism" and "homosexuality
I had to help my dogs breed and in the middle the female got loose and the male continued to do his thing on my leg. Does that mean he's bisexual or gay? Certainly not. Animals are driven by instinctual impulses to breed and those impulses are strong.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that the bunch of homosexuals who do not want to be gay feel that way because people like you have deemed them to be "incorrect".

I'm gonna go out on the same limb and suggest that alot of homosexuals do not want to because it feels unnatural and wrong.

And why might that be? Could it have anything to do with people of your ilk telling them to feel shame for their needs and desires? Jeez...this really does remind one of Original Sin...whatever the cost, somebody has to feel shame for feeling like having a little carnal knowledge for the pure fun of it all. Humbug...find a new hobby.

[edit on 10-3-2008 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
Oh, I'm sorry. Because a scientist suggests that animals have been homosexual it must be true. Afterall these scientists have proven evolution. That was sarcasm just in case you didn't noticed. Check out this link. I'll post a few items from it for ya.

www.narth.com...

Anyone engaged in the most elementary animal observation is forced to conclude that animal "homosexuality," "filicide" and "cannibalism" are exceptions to normal animal behavior. Consequently, they cannot be called animal instincts. These observable exceptions to normal animal behavior result from factors beyond their instincts.

To explain this abnormal behavior, the first observation must be the fact that animal instincts are not bound by the absolute determinism of the physical laws governing the mineral world. In varying degrees, all living beings can adapt to circumstances. They respond to internal or external stimuli

Second, animal cognition is purely sensorial, limited to sound, odor, touch, taste and image. Thus, animals lack the precision and clarity of human intellectual perception. Therefore, animals frequently confuse one sensation with another or one object with another.
Third, an animal's instincts direct it towards its end and are in accordance with its nature. However, the spontaneous thrust of the instinctive impulse can suffer modifications as it runs its course. Other sensorial images, perceptions or memories can act as new stimuli affecting the animal's behavior. Moreover, the conflict between two or more instincts can sometimes modify the original impulse.
In man, when two instinctive reactions clash, the intellect determines the best course to follow, and the will then holds one instinct in check while encouraging the other. With animals that lack intellect and will, when two instinctive impulses clash, the one most favored by circumstances prevails.[4]
At times, these internal or external stimuli affecting an animal's instinctive impulses result in cases of animal "filicide," "cannibalism" and "homosexuality
I had to help my dogs breed and in the middle the female got loose and the male continued to do his thing on my leg. Does that mean he's bisexual or gay? Certainly not. Animals are driven by instinctual impulses to breed and those impulses are strong.

You are splitting hairs to justify your stance. And the poster you replied to was doing the same. We don't need any justification.

Fairy Tales should not dictate sexual orientation PERIOD.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

You don't see the fallacy of your argument?

Your case:

Homosexuality (gay sex) is wrong because it is not natural.

Our Rebuttal:

Here are thousands of species that have gay sex.

Your Rebuttal:

But they have sex because...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It doesn't matter on what terms they have gay sex, they have gay sex. That's all there is to it. Are you really going to lecture us on their motives behind it?

Then you throw cannabalism as if to compare it to gay sex (like I wasn't going to catch that).

Yeah, they aren't having gay sex to survive, unlike cannabalism. Homosexuality in animals is a social derivative, not a survival instinct.

Did you know that dolphins are one mammal that has sex for enjoyment?

Dolphins have sex just to have sex

Now, dolphins are on the list of animals that have gay sex, and they have sex for the sake of it.

Are dolphins ruining America also? Lay out the tuna nets, damn those dolphins.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Oh c'mon...

I'm supposed to take the "National Association For Research and Therapy of Homosexuality" as a reliable, objective source?

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Actually, homosexual behavior in animals is natural.
Used to have two rabbits that preferred to try to mate with each other, rather than the female they had readily available.

My neighbors cats, both male, have sexual intercourse quite frequently. Yes, they have a female cat... no, they don't bother with the female.

Now for another point of yours.

You made it clear that if sexual preference isn't a choice, then it's still wrong because it goes against the process of reproduction?

MY GIRLFRIEND IS INFERTILE. Are you saying my committing myself to her is wrong too?!?!

Quite frankly, your attempts to claim the gays are wrong have just offended and insulted me, a fellow straight.

Because of people like you, I will not only support the gays, I will fight FOR them.

[edit on 10-3-2008 by johnsky]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join