It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sally Kern, "Gay's are Infiltrating our City Council."

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Hate speech is any speech and all speech should be legal

Bad article

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout The reason we no longer follow the Law like Jews try to is that we recognize that we cannot stop sinning, we cannot find salvation through our actions but only through Christ.

I still reject a religious (or any) admonition against homosexuality, but I get what you're saying as to the nature of born-again dogma. That I can appreciate.

I saw postings listing gay serial killers, which tells me just because you're gay doesn't mean you can't be a monster, too. Also...figures that show how unhappy gays apparently are...suicide, depression, etc...could it be that this is a reflection of their persecution? Not too much of a stretch, I'd say.

But as was said, this politician has the right to say what she said, and it's a great thing that it's been made public. She should have the strength of her convictions to take the fall-out as well.

Finally, here in Ontario, same sex marriage is legal, and life isn't going all to hell as a result. Mind you, it's legal for a woman to go topless in public, too...and we ain't seeing a lot of that, either. Maybe sometimes we just fear the wrong stuff, eh?

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

Not true. Hate speech can be banned, just not specific words. It has to do with intent.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
reply to post by mnmcandiez

Not true. Hate speech can be banned, just not specific words. It has to do with intent.

Free speech is only affected if it makes a threat to the person or persons it is intended to. I dont think she threatened to hurt any gay people. I think this thread is way over blown. She gets to speak freely just like the opposition get to speak freely in disagreeing with her. The moment she or the opposition threatens bodily harm to the other is when it becomes a crime.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

I'm not sure on the legality of what she said. I guess it depends on whether supression is involved in hate speech, or just violence and threatening.

It doesn't have to be illegal for it to be immoral, and politicians that are immoral have no place in office.

*Edit to add:

I agree she can speak freely, however, if the tax payers are offended, she risks losing her office.

Remember, politics are, in essense, a popularity contest.

[edit on 9-3-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620

I'm not sure on the legality of what she said. I guess it depends on whether supression is involved in hate speech, or just violence and threatening.

It doesn't have to be illegal for it to be immoral, and politicians that are immoral have no place in office.

*Edit to add:

I agree she can speak freely, however, if the tax payers are offended, she risks losing her office.

Remember, politics are, in essense, a popularity contest.

[edit on 9-3-2008 by Sublime620]

Yup she can lose her job sometimes free speech comes at a price. The Dixie Chicks paid a price for their free speech when they dogged GW. At that time it was unpopular to dog the man and they paid for it. I have a feeling right now there is not enough people who think this is bad for her to lose her job. It doesn't have to be illegal to be immoral correct but one person may think its immoral while another may agree with her totally. Its a matter of perception. The same thing as one mans suicide bomber is another mans freedom fighter. It all goes down to the big question what is right and what is wrong.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by yankeerose
This is terrible! They are every where! It's the end of the world....

Oh... GAY's... I thought you said GRAY's... lol

Never mind.

I was really worried there for a minute.

She sounds like a real jerk. Just another fascist forcing there way of life on others.

So, by having a thread in a forum dedicated to how bad her opinions are and expressing a desire for her losing her job, aren't you forcing your way of life on her? Who is the real fascist?

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   

All true. Good observations. I think it is a great point you make that this is completely up to the people in the area.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
[edit on 10/3/08 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   

oh purleeaase. It's all about consent. A child or an animal is INCAPABLE of giving consent. So Please,don't compare homosexuality between those again. It makes you look incredibly ignorant.

How in the world can you figure that neither can give consent? A 16 year old girl is fully capable of making up her mind and giving consent. A dog will not let you touch it if it doesn't want to be touched, try it.
I understand I'm being rediculous, I'm just illustrating a point. Where does it end? If homosexuality should now be deamed as right then what exactly is wrong? Humans today don't like rules and laws. They change them every day to better suit them and to help justify what they do. After all the discussion in this thread I think I've changed my initial opinion of Mrs Kern. I think she needs to stay in office and voice her opinion loud and strong. There are far far more people that disagree with homosexuality but the pro homosexual voice seems to chime so much higher. Perhaps she will start a movement and we can get back to the morals of our grandparents. Back when the crime rates were so, so much lower. Back when the divorce rates were so, so much lower. I say elect her as president !!!!!

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   

There are far far more people that disagree with homosexuality but the pro homosexual voice seems to chime so much higher.

First they came for the Communists, and I didn’t speak up,
because I wasn’t a Communist.
Then they came for the sick, the so-called incurables, and I didn't speak up,
because I wasn't mentally ill.
Then they came for the Jews, and I didn’t speak up,
because I wasn’t a Jew.
Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left
to speak up for me
en.wikipedia.org...

Perhaps she will start a movement and we can get back to the morals of our grandparents. Back when the crime rates were so, so much lower. Back when the divorce rates were so, so much lower. I say elect her as president !!!!!

Careful what you ask for....next you'll be lopping off hands for theft...or maybe just sending those pesky undesirables to the camps...

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

You're confusing reproductive biology with sexual pleasure. Two VERY different subjects. Some people get off on feet. How do feet play into making babies?

They are one in the same. If your assumption is true, then when a man has an orgasm, if it's just sexual pleasure, take a sample of his orgasm. It should be only semen. But wait, it's not his orgasm has released sperm for reproduction. Luckily for us it happens to feel good, but it's design is to reproduce. Genocide is not our nature. It is against nature. If everyone were homosexual it would be genocide. Take that same sample of the man's orgasm and put it into that other man. If it makes a baby, then perhaps you'll have an arguement there.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It seems to me that alot of people on this thread are missing an important fact: that Mrs. Kern has called for all gays on the City Council to be fired and/or not hired. This is discrimination clearly, and tells me that this woman has zero understanding of the most basic concepts of our Constitution. As such, should she really be holding a govt. position? I'm not saying she should be fired, I'd need more facts first, but do we really want someone like that in a govt. position? Today's it's gays, tomorrow it could be Jews, Blacks or women.
This is not just an ignorant statement made by a person, this is a govt. rep calling for discrimination and disenfranchisement of an entire group of people, based on who they do or don't sleep with. She doesn't want them to have ANY representation.
Again, if Civil Rights hadn't occurred in the '60's, this would still be a country where Blacks have limited chances at decent jobs and anyone could treat them like non-persons. Civil Rights happened because the South, which was integrated, was FORCED to do away with segregation. Unless we take strong measures like that to eliminate discrimination, we will always have some group(s) being disenfranchised and treated like third class citizens. Do you really think that is right?
My freedom of speech ends when it starts to hurt, infringe or otherwise negatively impact another person, directly because of something I had said.

[edit on 10/3/08 by forestlady]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Blah blah blah. Homosexuality is naturally incorrect. I as a human say if something is incorrect, it should be corrected.

Some of us are working on a program to help cure people of the incorrectness. Believe it or not, there are alot of homosexuals that do not want to be. I only met one so far, but I never realized that could be possible until then.

However, if we consider there are people feeling homosexual thoughts that do not want them, it dawns on me maybe they really did not choose so. Liek some people do not choose to be born without limbs. It is incorrect and they wish for it to be corrected. so if we can create artificial limbs to ease one persons defects, then there should be a way to help treat other people's defects.

At this point I know about six homosexual co-workers that I am on good terms with. but if deep down inside they really feel like they dont want to be this way, I believe we should have mercy and do anything we can to treat them.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Free speech and many of the freedoms you enjoy today weren't generally accepted as reality not too long ago.

What if our ancestors thought just like you, "Where does it stop?" "Why do we need this?"

It's an example of narrow-minded thinking. Think outside of the box man!

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
Blah blah blah. Homosexuality is naturally incorrect. I as a human say if something is incorrect, it should be corrected.

Some of us are working on a program to help cure people of the incorrectness. Believe it or not, there are alot of homosexuals that do not want to be. I only met one so far, but I never realized that could be possible until then.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that the bunch of homosexuals who do not want to be gay feel that way because people like you have deemed them to be "incorrect".

Frankly, I don't know what's scarier...a person that says "My God tells me you are an abomination" or a person who says about a fellow human being that they need to be "corrected" because they disapprove of who one loves. Get a new hobby...and I'm thinking you need to replace the figures on your avatar with a picture of Dr Mengele if you want maintain your cred.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes

Because two men and women and or two men can't reproduce? Where are you going with that/ Because there has been some very good points in this thread on that very idea.

Yeah? Are those peacemaker and humanitarian icons in your avatar helping you with this

Really though? Really man?

Have you stopped to think maybe these gay people in need of a "cure" have this negative cognitive dissonance in their minds about being gay Because of people that think they are "naturally incorrect" and in need of a "cure". For every gay person there is two people that think like you.

What would Gandhi do? Nice Avatar btw. You should look it over.

However, if we consider there are people feeling homosexual thoughts that do not want them, it dawns on me maybe they really did not choose so.

So they didn't choose it but it's not natural
Must be a disease then

There has been many many homosexuals in the human and animal world since the beginning. Something to think about when determining the naturalness of it.

Liek some people do not choose to be born without limbs. It is incorrect and they wish for it to be corrected. so if we can create artificial limbs to ease one persons defects, then there should be a way to help treat other people's defects.

So you basically walk around in public and look at anyone that is blind, paralyzed, mentally handicapped, down syndrome... whatever and just think "you are wrong and broken". I don't feel this way about homosexuals and you know what I don't even feel this way about the ailments I just mentioned. Perceptions is everything man and it starts in the heart

I have met some of the happiest and cheerful people alive that are "disabled". Ive met blind people that had the most insightful and profound 'vision' about the world. Homosexuals? Yeah there is countless wonderful souls in the gay community too.

At this point I know about six homosexual co-workers that I am on good terms with. but if deep down inside they really feel like they dont want to be this way,

Maybe that's just when they are around you
Seriously though, if you are in the room with someone that you know resents you and thinks you're broken... don't you think it would affect how you feel about yourself, even if it's just when you're with them? Sounds 'natural' to me.

I believe we should have mercy and do anything we can to treat them.

Maybe the treatment they need is your compassion.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Try reading again, I did not nor do I claim this has anything to do with God. It is just scientifically appropriate. God has nothing to do with Homosexuality, or his approval, nor have I mentioned it at all.

And you are assuming you know what homosexuals want. I dotn claim all homosexuals want to be cured, but I have for one met one who has. It is not beyond my belief nor against it to desire to help this individual achieve his cure.

Christian Right could not be more spot on wre his name changed and he simply removed any biblical reference. It just is not scientifcially, physiologically, or genetically correct for life to be homosexual. It literally goes against the laws of nature.

I dont believe that people should be persecuted for it, or chastised, or fired. But Gosh darnit, if my friend feels like he has no control over his unnatural habits, and is looking for a treatment for it, this does not make me a bigot or hateful for supporting him.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice

I understand I'm being rediculous, I'm just illustrating a point. Where does it end? If homosexuality should now be deamed as right then what exactly is wrong?

Erm... rape? Murder? Priests molesting children. Heh, that was hard

After all the discussion in this thread I think I've changed my initial opinion of Mrs Kern. I think she needs to stay in office and voice her opinion loud and strong.

Funny how you were trying to convince us initially that you werent preaching hate. How things have changed indeed.

There are far far more people that disagree with homosexuality but the pro homosexual voice seems to chime so much higher.

The homosexual voice is usually powered by an abnormal amount of estrogen!

Perhaps she will start a movement and we can get back to the morals of our grandparents.

Oh they already have one she can join. It's called the KKK. I think she might already have a backstage pass though.

Back when the crime rates were so, so much lower. Back when the divorce rates were so, so much lower.

Wow.

I say elect her as president !!!!!

The anarchist in me almost wants this

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Luckily for us, everyone is not homosexual. Also lucky for us, everyone does not suffer from bigotry and ignorance.

Then we'd really be in trouble.

I would love to formally debate you on any social issues. At least then, you might be forced to swallow some logic.

Somehow tying homosexuality to crime and divorce rates is exactly how this country got into the position it is in, and exactly the problem with this country.

If that flew over your head, I'll say it more clearly:

You are the problem.

[edit on 10-3-2008 by Sublime620]

[edit on 10-3-2008 by Sublime620]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join