It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sally Kern, "Gay's are Infiltrating our City Council."

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
Sex isn't all there is to life. I think it is really sad you define yourself by your sex desire

Look under my Avatar.

Do you see Homosexual or Bisexual?

You see my political belief and my spiritual belief.

You are unbelievable.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Excuse me sir I believe you have been very revealing about your homosexuality. Correct me if I am mistaken but didn't you refer to yourself as Mr Lucy? A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. I recall reading that as I for one haven't been able to think of you by any other name ever since.

The Children of Sodom and Gremorrah

[edit on 16-4-2008 by Jack Thomas Chick]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   

There is no proof that homosexuality is genetic, sorry its just a theory

We put both the Bible and the DNA under a microscope and what do we find? Evidence for one and not the other.

It's funny you have gone back and forth on the "natural" aspect quite a few times since the beginning of the thread.

The Bible is theory. What proof can you give us otherwise?

There is plenty of evidence to support the genetic origin of homosexuality though.

[edit on 023030p://16u56 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jack Thomas Chick

Excuse me sir I believe you have been very revealing about your homosexuality. Correct me if I am mistaken but didn't you refer to yourself as Mr Lucy? A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

Yeah I am "revealing" about my "bisexuality" in this thread which is about homosexuality and Kerns. So what? How the hell does that equate to me defining myself through sex!?!?!

And one of the Christians on board called me "Mrs. Lucy" and I replied "that's Mr. Lucy". You would know that if you read the thread. Which reminds me; read the thread.

I recall reading that as I for one haven't been able to think of you by any other name ever since.

I gather this area isn't your expertise, but if you look above my avatar there are words there that form my name. If you can manage that, then there isn't too much thinking invloved. Thanks for the respect.

[edit on 023030p://16u44 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Well, BW....just what is YOUR sexual desire??

You seem keen on critiscizing others, who you don't know, but base your critiscms on your biases....

So, BW...you make music, got that from your profile. I have a tin ear. Should I be culled from the herd for that too?

I am trying not to cross the line, and realize that as much as I want...nay, demand, dignity and respect for myself, I have to abide by that precept....and offer the same to others, even when they attack me, or friends of mine, or my 'beliefs'....

See, I actually have 'beliefs'....difficult to imagine, but they exist. I 'believe' that humans have a right to exist. I 'believe' that it is important to be kind to one another. I 'believe' that intolerance exists, and sometimes one has to speak up, lest this 'intolerance' continue on as a plague on Humanity.

I've said it earlier....there is a big difference between the words 'tolerance' and 'acceptance'.

'intolerance' is plainly obvious, though, I would imagine....

WW

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Lucid I am one of the few that has agreed with you that i do not think people have a choice that they have a homosexual inclination. It may be genetic. There are lots of genetic abnormalities. Clearskies mentioned alcoholism, it runs in families, we tolerate alcoholics, but we do not endorse it as a life style just because the choose to drink. Many get help at Church or through AA. The same is true with homosexual desires. You can choose not to act on it.

Let go of the lie that you're different from other people,and no o­ne really understands. The key to recovering from same-sex attraction is radical discipleship, the call that all Christians have in common. Jesus' call to "follow Me" is the same for you as it is for every other believer. It is a lie that “no o­ne really understands” because Jesus Christ fully understands everything about you. When scripture tells us about His compassion, it means He enters into our experiences and feels what we feel.
www.livehope.org...

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
reply to post by Mikey84

Not always true, they just hide it until they are 40 and married. Then scandal ensues.

Don't forget the thousands of boys and girls who had "secret" sin confessions with the Christian Priest behind locked doors!

errr... wait, that's pediophilia!

Oh Heavens, dare I equate all Christians to pediophiliacs now? Hmm..

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   

You can choose not to act on it.

It would be very hard for me to never "act on it".

It would be very hard for you, or any hetero, to never "act on it".

Because it's a biological drive for both hetero and homo.

But sure, theoretically speaking, with major struggle, we could all choose to not "act on it".

So you're saying heterosexuals have the Right to "act on it" and homosexuals do not have the Right to "act on it"?

Please just answer that simply and directly, without scripture.

[edit on 023030p://16u18 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Lucid I am one of the few that has agreed with you that i do not think people have a choice that they have a homosexual inclination. It may be genetic. There are lots of genetic abnormalities. Clearskies mentioned alcoholism, it runs in families, we tolerate alcoholics, but we do not endorse it as a life style just because the choose to drink. Many get help at Church or through AA. The same is true with homosexual desires. You can choose not to act on it.

Let go of the lie that you're different from other people,and no o­ne really understands. The key to recovering from same-sex attraction is radical discipleship, the call that all Christians have in common. Jesus' call to "follow Me" is the same for you as it is for every other believer. It is a lie that “no o­ne really understands” because Jesus Christ fully understands everything about you. When scripture tells us about His compassion, it means He enters into our experiences and feels what we feel.
www.livehope.org...

BW, this is sick, and I will get dinged for this....but DO NOT equate homosexuality with alcoholism!!!

Stop with the 'scripture' nonsense as well. Hey, we are educated and know about the real story that surrounds the 'bible'....

We really don't need to waste electrons, here, since you already know what I'm talking about.

Short story, the bible is BS, made up, and edited by people in the 'church'....long ago, before you were born....it is fantasy, and fiction...filled with parables and some truths, not literal, but as to how to behave toward one another.

There are better books to read....

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

You can choose not to act on it.

It would be very hard for me to never "act on it".

It would be very hard for you, or any hetero, to never "act on it".

Because it's a biological drive for both hetero and homo.

But sure, theoretically speaking, with major struggle, we could all choose to not "act on it".

So you're saying heteros have the Right to "act on it" and Homosexuals do not have the Right to "act on it"?

Please just answer that simply and directly, without scripture.

If you mean "right" in terms of being a Christian. All sex outside of a marriage is SIN. Legally it depends wher you live. Don't go to Somolia, Saudia Arabis or Yemen!

Absolutely it would be very hard and I am sure it seems unfair. You seem like a good person over all. If I met you in would probably like you. This doesn't come up in my day to day life. I am a musician and have done a lot of pit orchestra musical theater work, and well you know what in mean. I don't confront anybody or discriminate against them. That's why it is out of line to be calling people bigots and intolerant. I am single and I honestly have been celibate for 2 years now. I want to find a wife believe me. Now I have my personal challenges. I struggle with sin everyday. Repent means to turn the other way. I guess where I see the folly in all this is that you are trying to say it is not a sin and everyone should agree.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Legally it depends where you live

Thanks for your response, and now a continuation of this question:

In the United States of America, are you saying Heterosexuals have the Right, or should have the Right, to "act on it", are you saying Homosexuals don't have the Right, or should not have the Right, to "act on it"?

Again, please answer directly and without scripture please.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   

You already know the answer. They repealed the sodomy laws. Some acts are still considered "crimes against nature" even heterosexual oral sex is illegal in some states. But Gay marriage isn't legal except a couple states.

Its legal for me to curse, drink, and sleep with women but I choose to not do it because I want to live by Gods standards, not what seems like fun at the time. I believe truly I am not missing anything worth having. The pleasure of sin is fleeting and the price is heavy.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   

BW, heterosexual oral sex is illegal, and you're OK with that?!?

What's next...after you're 'married', the Government will 'decide' the sex of your baby? Or, tell you how to have sex, if we factor out the baby aspect, since sometimes the MAN or the WOMAN is infertile, so they have crazy, passionate sex, but no baby ever appears...

Oh, I forgot, men and women have sex to procreate. EVERY time, every time a man and woman have sex, it's just to procreate. Of course, there's no pleasure involved....no LOVE involved....no chance of mutual joy in just being together....nah, that has nothing to do with 'god's plan'.....

This is the problem with the Human Race....all humans, since we are all one Race, regardless of skin color (melanin)....the sperm and ova still join, because we are ONE SPECIES!!!

Well, everyone poops, and I guess it's my turn to go prove that fact....

'nite, all

WW

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Please Bigwhammy just answer the questions specifically with direct responses, within the context of USA and its' societal laws.

And I am not talking about Christian morality OR gay marriage. Leave that out for now. You are not following the flow of the posts here man. This is in context to what you were saying about "acting on" the biological drives of sexual orientation.

I repeat for the third time:

Do you think Heterosexuals should have the Right to "act on it", do you think Homosexuals should not have the Right to "act on it"?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Make sex outside of marriage illegal across the board to be fair, but it used to be that way and it was never enforced. Like I said oral sex is a crime against nature in many states but I bet you that's not stopping Judges form getting some.

Heterosexual adultery is a crime in some states, mine included.

In the United States, laws vary from state to state. For example, in Pennsylvania, adultery is technically punishable by 2 years of imprisonment or 18 months of treatment for insanity (for history, see Hamowy) (criminal statute repealed 1972), while in Michigan the Court of Appeals, the state's second-highest court, ruled that a little-known provision of state criminal law means that adultery carries a potential life sentence.[2] In Maryland, adultery is punishable by a fine of $10. That being said, such statutes are typically considered blue laws and are rarely, if ever, enforced. In the U.S. Military, adultery is a potential court-martial offense only if the actions of the accused were "to the prejudice of good order and discipline" or "of a nature to bring discredit upon the armed forces".

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Maybe I'm the only one on EDT time....US system of time....GMT minus 4 hours....(OK, 'UTC ' now, so don't give me no grief!! :lol

Or is it UTC minus 5 hours? No, I think it's four hours now, and as I type, i'm trying to put an Irish accent in, but it is pointless, since it doesn't convey.....besides, Britain is likely on 'Summer Time' by now, so we're all fracked!

('frack' is a made-up term....used on a TV show....sorry).

I think I'll go buy a Cadillac tomorrow, an ElDorado. I am so excited!! It's red! With grey leather interior....

See, this is a grand example of the 'Gay Agenda'!!

I might buy a used car!! [gasp!] What will this do the the children!!??!!

I have disposable income, in the range of $9500...oh no!!! What will he do with that?

Well, I can't buy the lovely bright red Mercedes SL500 I just saw on the local lot....but I guarantee, if I had the money, I would buy both cars!!!

Of course, I will continue to donate to children's funds (joinplanUSAdotcom) as well as the ASPCA, to help save not only children, unwanted, but dogs and cats as well.

I guess some would imagine another use for my $9,500 and to them, I say, 'Get your mind out of the gutter!!! I have a relationship already, Larry Craig, or Senator Vitter!!'

Oh, I know, Craig and Vitter were on two different planets, when it came to trolling for sex outside their marriages....one paid for it, and one wanted it for free......

And these 'christians' claim to have the high ground.....cut me some slack...

WW

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Make sex outside of marriage illegal across the board to be fair^equality, but it used to be that way and it was never enforced.

Thanks, that is indeed a direct response
...wait, hm

To continue it further, in light of what you just said about fairness across the board.

Let's imagine that Law went into place.

In the USA, do you think Heterosexuals should have the Right to marriage? Do you think Homosexuals should have the Right to marriage?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
King Solomon wrote 3 books of the Bible and many Psalms. He was the wisest man that ever live yet sex turned him into a fool. He had 700 Wives + 300 concubines. God did warn Kings "He must not take many wives, or his heart will be led astray." in Deuteronomy 17:17. Many of his wives were non-Hebrew and these foreign wives brought idols in for worship from their pagan cultures, which was contrary to God's teaching. As Julius Caesar said Caesar's wife must be above suspicion. Solomon fell from the lust of his eyes. His wives caused Solomon to turn to pagan practices and doctirnes of demons. He died misaerable as you can read in Ecclesiastes.

Meaningless! Meaningless!"
says the Teacher.
"Utterly meaningless!
Everything is meaningless."

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   

n the USA, do you think Heterosexuals should have the Right to marriage? Do you think Homosexuals should have the Right to marriage?

I believe you misunderstood me. of course, I meant across the board out side of lawful marriage. Hence I quoted the adultery laws to show this is already in effect in some states. In fact with the repeal of the sodomy laws. Due to the Homosexual Agenda
Homosexuals have more rights than heterosexual married people. Married heterosexuals can be imprisoned for adultery in some states.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.

The problem there is that you're too often confusing "facts" with "beliefs". Facts can be proven while beliefs are accepted upon faith; and, by definition, faith is belief without proof.

The facts of the matter are that the Bible is a work of man. Men wrote it, men edited it, and men published it. While you may believe that it's the work of God, there is no proof of such. That is why faith is required to uphold such beliefs.

Bigotry is as scarce as hen's teeth around here. I see incredible patience and tolerance.

Really? Let's double-check the definition on that one.

Source

tol·er·ance
–noun

A fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward opinions and practices that differ from one's own.

Ok, now let's break that down.

1) Fair: This one is a bit too subjective to really pin-down. Due to that, I propose that we label this point a "tie".

2) Objective: This one is far more clear. Those in this thread who are opposed to homosexuality have been approaching the issue with a flagrant abundance of religious bias, thus, have been anything but objective.

3) Permissive: Another easy one. Those opposed have been anything but permissive in their stances against homosexuality.

So, with the actual definition laid out before you, can you honestly say that you're shown tolerance here?

Please just say no. You can be celibate or get therapy and become hetrosexual. Those are the acceptable options in the eyes of GOD.

Please don't attempt to speak for God, and/or what he finds acceptable. I spoke with him a little while ago, and he asked me to forgive you because you don't realize that you've been lead astray by the works of men. As such, I forgive you.

[edit on 4/16/08 by redmage]

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join