It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sally Kern, "Gay's are Infiltrating our City Council."

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Lucid, it is completely obvious, the American Experiment is about to collapse.

I was born here, but I am not stupid enough to be blind to what's going on....and it has nothing to do with sexuality, so thanks for pointing that out.

There is still a chance at salvation....and I'm talking about a politcal system here, not some imaginary 'friend'....

Our Constitution, and Bill of Rights, have been decimated....but, the Magna Carta had some impact, and survived attempts to tear it up.

I'm not gonna wrap myself in a flag, but the principles are sound, and it will take great courage to continue to fight for human dignity and respect.

Thanks for your post.

WW

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jack Thomas Chick

Oh god, don’t go back down the AIDS route. Have you read any of the past posts? The Majority of people living with HIV/AIDS are STRAIGHT!

And again, the Roman Empire did not collapse because of homosexuals!

If you want to look at past civilisations collapsing and the cause of them, I’d be more concerned about organised religious.

Us gay people only make up a small percentage of the population, we are not going destroy civilisation, nor try to convert anyone (again, that seems more of a religious thing than a gay thing, “converting people”).

Mikey

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

Oh god, don’t go back down the AIDS route. Have you read any of the past posts? The Majority of people living with HIV/AIDS are STRAIGHT!

Maybe so world wide. It did not start that way. That's not really completely accurate picture in the US people exposed by heterosexual contact 18%.

The total number of people diagnosed with AIDS in the USA is over one million. This total increases by around 40,000 each year.

Around 48% of all people diagnosed with AIDS were probably infected with HIV through male-to-male sexual contact, while people exposed through heterosexual contact comprise around 18% of the total. Since the beginning of the epidemic, the number of heterosexual infections has increased dramatically. According to CDC estimates, heterosexual contact led to about one third of new AIDS diagnoses and one third of new HIV diagnoses in 2006.

www.avert.org...

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Ok then, By playing it your way are you saying only Gay in American are a concern?

We are talking about the world here, and as discussed before the majority of people in the world infected with HIV/AIDS are straight, but the fact that you point out that in the USA the majority are Homosexual (unlike looking at world numbers), only goes on to prove OUR point that HIV/AIDS knows no sexual orientation and is not a Homosexual disease.

Oh, PS: your information says that only 48% of people infected in the USA is by Homosexual Sex. This means that 52% is other, meaning that the majority of infection is NOT homosexuals.

So 52% of infection in the USA is not caused by homosexual sex (according to your figures) so this means that 52% is other, such as Heterosexual, Mother to child etc etc, in other words NON homosexual, so if 52% was non homosexual, it means that 52% are heterosexual, meaning they are the majority. (before you come back and state that drug users can be homosexual, yes they can, but in AIDS stats they would go under the Homosexual section, not the “other” section).

But I wouldn’t go too much on your facts it used the line of “Around 48% of all people diagnosed with AIDS were probably infected with HIV through male-to-male sexual contact”.

I tend to stick with the UN and world statistics which state 80% of infected people are straight.

Mikey

[edit on 15/4/2008 by Mikey84]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

Most of it is in Africa and its due to third world conditions. Poor education, poverty, lack of education, and no contraception. You like to drag those numbers in because it obscures the truth.

Sally Kerns was talking about America. So the numbers for America are the right ones for this discussion. Your need to avoid reality by muddying the water shows you know your case is weak.

The historical data presented today in this thread overwhelmingly established that Sally had reason for her comments.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
Most of it is in Africa and its due to third world conditions. Poor education, poverty, lack of education, and no contraception. You like to drag those numbers in because it obscures the truth.

Why is there no contraception? Because they where told it was a sin to use, so religion is actually the cause of the spread of the disease in Africa.

Sally Kerns was talking about America. So the numbers for America are the right ones for this discussion. Your need to avoid reality by muddying the water shows you know your case is weak.

Em, No. By your own stats you have shown that 52% of HIV/AIDS infection in the USA is not caused by homosexuals. Showing that the majority of infection is NOT cause by homosexuals. Thanks for proving my point.

The historical data presented today in this thread overwhelmingly established that Sally had reason for her comments.

No proof or evidence showing that the roman empire collapsed because of homosexuality has been provided. The only reason Sally had for making the comments is that she is obviously afraid of what she knows nothing about.

Mikey

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Sorry BW, your bigotry is showing again.

Most HIV infections in the US are now attributed to illicit drug use.

Funny, though, how you run to the HIV idea, whilst trying to promote your bias and bigotry....and even worse, you show your ignorance in your post, your arrogance, if I may say so, by talking down, through your nose, about the 'third world'. What a fine example of Christianity are you!

I usually say 'thank you for your post'....I will not, this time.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

WW why do you make statements with no source? You accuse me falsely, I didn't make that up I provided a link to a source. An international AIDS charity AVERT. Whats your source? Without one its just idle talk.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Here are some things Sally Kerns said, I’m looking for answers from the people who support her and the “Christians”.

“Studies show, no society that has totally embraced homosexuality has lasted for more than, you know, a few decades.” – Sally Kerns.

Can someone please show me actual evidence of any civilisation not lasting because it embraced homosexuality?

“I honestly think it’s the biggest threat our nation has, even more so than terrorism” – Sally Kerns.

Can someone explain how?

“They are going after our young children, as young as two years of age, to try to teach them that the homosexual lifestyle is an acceptable lifestyle.” – Sally Kerns.

I think she is confusing this part with Christianity?

“If you have cancer in your little toe, do you just say that I’m going to forget about it since the rest of you is fine? It spreads! This stuff is deadly and it is spreading. It will destroy our young people and it will destroy this nation.” – Sally Kerns.

As I have said before, how do we spread Homosexuality? Will you catch it if I touch you? Or are you more afraid that you might like it? Lol

There is plenty more crap and misinformation she came out with on the tape, just listen to it.

Everything she came out with was pure crap, and just shows how ignorant and misinformed she is. Poor woman has probably had her head stuck in the “bible” all her life, for a woman who is so strong on Gods word she loves to ignore the bits of the bible that don’t suit her, I mean i see her wearing clothes made from 2 different threads – this against lev 19:19 and I also see she doesn’t have her hair covered, this is against Corinthians 11:6. I guess she’s coming to hell with all us sinning homosexuals then hey. But then again, it was all written by men, not god.

Bigwhammy, don’t keep going down the AIDS route, you have been proven wrong, in both our stats and your own, there are plenty of links if you look through the thread. Move on and accept that Homosexuals are not the majority with HIV/AIDS in the world, and by your own stats not in the USA either.

Mikey.

[edit on 15/4/2008 by Mikey84]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   

BW, I don't yet know how to 'source'.

I have tried to read the 'ATS Handbook', but didn't want to print the whole thing, waste of paper and ink.

Instead, I write. I use my skills, my knowledge, and my expertise to attempt to 'deny ignorance'.

I really don't need to resort to clever 'quotes'....I can refer the readers, if there are any, to look for themselves.

If I find something on a website, then I reference the site, and let readers go there and judge for themselves. I see no need to waste ATS bandwidth when you can just direct people to a site, and keep room for others to post....

Thanks for your post, WW

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Had reason? Had bias, would seem more the case. Projecting the views of one onto the minds of many, with virtually no supportive nor causitive an action other than Her opinion, is just that the view of One.

There are Many "types" infiltrating our City Councils. I could care less if they're right, wrong, or indifferent ...as long as they serve in an altruistic and deserved manner.

that was the topic, right?
Sally Kern, "Gay's are Infiltrating our City Council."

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

Can someone please show me actual evidence of any civilisation not lasting because it embraced homosexuality?

"please show me"

There's none so blind as those who will not see. You have been shown.

Mountains of historical evidence in the last four pages son! Why do you repeat the same question that has been answered over and over? It has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

I see that the homosexuals have decided to camp on this thread like hens on a nest. Untill they can pretend the evidence away. You have no interest in the facts or truth. You're all a bunch of snakes in the grass.

It has been clearly proven. You are playing games now.

HELL

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Jack Thomas Chick

You haven’t proven anything at all.

All you have done is avoid questions and points in which you know you are wrong.

Don’t bother making statements unless you’re prepared to answer to them. All you’re doing is ignoring facts and information people are throwing at you and you hide from it.

If you believe Sally Kerns (what this topic is actually about) is correct, then why don’t you actually answer the questions above instead of dodging them.

And for the last time, the Roman Empire did not fall because of Homosexuals, if you cannot work that out they I feel sorry for you.

You’re a hypocrite who spouts out scripture but yet ignores the parts that don’t suit you. I’ll pray for you, because you’re coming to hell with me.

Mikey

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I would hope, as I write this post, I can find a way to explain how wrong Sally Kern is, and how wrong her comments are, and how damaging they can become.

I think it is very clear, actually, to just scroll up on this very thread, and see the results....

Earlier, I suggested....'what if you substituted another word' in to the OP's title (and I held my tongue, about the mis-use of the apostrophe, that is my cross to bear!!...)

What if, what if, instead of the word "Gay's" the beginning word was "Blacks".....or ..."Women" Or, "Asians".....

Or...."Hispanics"....or, dare I say it? What if the word up there in the title, was 'Jews'? Well, just choose the stereotype of the day, and beat it into the ground, because that is all it is, that is what it's about!!

I write this diatribe from a perspective of an American citizen, I am assuming that others, from other countries, can find scapegoats as well??

Been done before, will be attemped again, why stop now?

Go ahead, BW!!! Bring on your Brown Shirts. Go ahead, Ms. Kern, you can join in!!

Dont forget Fred Phelps! Invite him too...so sorry Hitler commited suicide, or else he'd be along in the party.....

meh!

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Race and who you sleep with are not related.
Bad try WW

Homosexuals are not a race....

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

Strawman argument. We said homosexuality is a symptom of a degrading society. It didn't cause the Fall of Rome but it was a indicator of a collapsing family structure. Just like the homosexual agenda in the USA is an indicator of the fall of America. We are following the pattern of Rome. Sally was right.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Who I sleep with is none of your business. That is the point, but fine, you keep deflecting the criticsm, since you know it gets to close to your core, and want to show everyone another 'way'....when, in fact, it is a fallacy, and imaginary.

Problem is, your 'religion' is on shaky ground, because your 'facts' that are supposed to be the foundation of your 'religion' just don't hold up under close scrutiny.

When your foundation begins to crumble, last resort, grasp at any straw (hint....'strawman' argument...) and we come to this....

Well,I invite all those who lurk, or read and post, to come see the Big Picture, here!! Come One, Come ALL! Come see the Show under the Big Top!!

IT is designed to be a Big Show, it alsways is! You won't be disappointed (unless you have a brain).....Come One, Come ALL!!! The SHOW is about to begin!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   

reply to post by Mikey84

Strawman argument. We said homosexuality is a symptom of a degrading society. It didn't cause the Fall of Rome but it was a indicator of a collapsing family structure. Just like the homosexual agenda in the USA is an indicator of the fall of America. We are following the pattern of Rome. Sally was right.

You seriously think there is a homosexual agenda? That’s sad. But what’s even more sad is that you feel your world is at threat from a tiny minority (aren’t we only like 1 – 9% of the population (numbers vary depending on source).

I mean, if you feel your civilization is at threat from a small percentage of gays, and that gays could actually bring down your civilisation, then it doesn’t sound like something worth saving – and I thought us gays where suppose to be weak!

There is no Homosexual agenda, and if you’re whole country can be brought down by just 1 – 9% of the population, then you have much bigger issues at hand.

Bigwhammy, Can you explain what this “homosexual agenda” you believe in actually is? Do you think that homosexuals are converting people? Or trying to? Are you worried that it’s becoming more accepted? Are you worried that children might grow up to love everyone, regardless of orentation? I’m curious as to what you actually believe the agenda to be?

I don’t have an agenda, and I don’t know any other gay people who do.

Mikey

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
WW you are the one talking about shaving your balls today please don't act offended now!

Here's the evidence you fellows keep avoiding. Harvard Unv. Sociologist Dr. Carle Zimmermans book "Family and Civilization" is the substance behind Sally's statements. You haven't a leg to stand on. You guys keep making false charges and shooting them down and then prancing around like you did something.

Even before cultural decay was apparent, a man named Dr. Carle Zimmerman wrote a book called "Family and Civilization" in 1947. He reviewed the decline of multiple civilizations and empires and found eight patterns of domestic behavior that signaled the decline of a civilization:

1) Marriage loses its sacredness; is frequently broken by divorce.

2) Traditional meaning of the marriage ceremony is lost.

3) Feminist movements abound.

4) Increased public disrespect for parents and authority in general.

5) Acceleration of juvenile delinquency, promiscuity, and rebellion.

6) Refusal of people with traditional marriages to accept family responsibilities.

7) Growing desire for and acceptance of adultery.

8) Increasing interest in and spread of sexual perversions and sex-related crimes.

www.gopusa.com...

Why Western civilization must learn to procreate or perish

Civilization depends on the health of the traditional family.

That sentiment has become a truism among social conservatives, who typically can't explain what they mean by it. Which is why it sounds like right-wing boilerplate to many contemporary ears.

The late Harvard sociologist Carle C. Zimmerman believed it was true, but he also knew why. In 1947, he wrote a massive book to explain why latter-day Western civilization was now living through the same family crisis that presaged the fall of classical Greece and Rome. His classic Family and Civilization, which has just been republished in an edited version by ISI Press, is a chillingly prophetic volume that deserves a wide new audience.

www.dallasnews.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

You seriously think there is a homosexual agenda?

Again DUH!!!! The agenda is too increase social acceptability of gay life styles and to try to pass laws to make gay marriage legal.

If those things aren't on your agenda, then why are you here arguing for them?

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join