It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sally Kern, "Gay's are Infiltrating our City Council."

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
If that 'lady' were here in the UK, elected representative or not, she would be arrested and prosecuted. How on Earth in this day and age can somebody in her position have such a primitive point of view. This woman is not civilised. Words actually fail me for once.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

how are you sure it is "clearly a choice"? i suppose you have scientific evidence to back up your claim... was it your choice to be hetrosexual or did you just grow up being sexually attracted to women? having said that there might be men that have tried homosexual sex as more of a thrilling taboo, then being fully committed to live their entire life as a homosexual. your arguement fails the logic and reason test.

link   

Originally posted by SavageHenry
What does the Bible really say about Homosexuality?

I will watch the video, but how about you answering the question you posed for now?

You linked to several hours worth of video. This is a discussion forum, not a movie club.

link   

Originally posted by cavscout

Originally posted by stikkinikki
No other verse should contradict the word of Jesus if indeed Jesus is the Son of God. If one holds another word higher then what religion and or faith are they really?

Seeing as Christ was silent on the issue all we have to go on is Paul. Now I understand that some people don’t believe that the words of Paul should be in the Bible at all, however if we are going to use the term Christian instead of identifying a certain denomination then we should go by the belief of 99% of modern Christians, and 99% follow Pauline doctrine even if half don’t really know who Paul was.

NO we can use the words of Jesus to give us the answer. Reflect on this and the true nature of blessed existence is illuminated.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

NO we can use the words of Jesus to give us the answer.

Ok, what words of the Christ are you referring us to?

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Myrdyn

Arrested for what?

I find what you say hard to believe.

If true it makes me happy we created our constitution after getting the Brits off our backs.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
What are you guys talking about? What's religion got to do with it? I'm not gay but I would defend anybody's right to be if they wished. What kind of planet do you people live on.

(Watch out - Brit on your back!)

[edit on 9/3/08 by Myrdyn]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I'm not even going to step into the religious interpretations - although there is the parable where Jesus heals the Roman soldiers boyfriend.... err slave

Suffice to say I think Jesus had far bigger fish to fry (pardon the pun) than people's sex lives...

I think the audio is funny, but I think it reflects a real need by people like this woman to find an enemy to attack -
"homosexuality is a greater danger than terrorism?" "Gay infiltrators?"

Homosexuals make a good all-purpose "enemy within" when one group is looking to secure power by demonizing another group - they're present in significant numbers in just about any society, usually have to live their lives with a certain amount of secrecy, etc.

Pretty much any political movement that wanted to increase their power has at one time targeted homosexuals - Islamists, Nazis, Communists - yes, contrary to what the far right (or far left) would like you to think, the Communist movements of the 20th century typically persecuted gays as "bourgeois decadents" and imprisoned/executed them.

The Dominionist movement (which has little to do with Christianity, and everything to do with seizing political power) is just the latest in a long string of authoritarian movements that have used gays, like Jews, as an "enemy within" and scapegoat to unite people against.

[edit on 3/9/08 by xmotex]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Myrdyn

myrdyn...unfortunately, there are still alot of people that are like this across the pond. i tend to think that this arguement is really intended to keep our minds off of the real problems we encounter in our everyday lives

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Good to hear some commonsense. Thanks for grounding me!!

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myrdyn

Good to hear some commonsense.

Funny you mention common sense. Great book, you should read it and the other works of American ancestors, then some modern dystopia, and maybe you wouldn’t be so keen on persecuting this woman because of her religious beliefs or for speaking her viewpoint regardless of religion.

It makes me sick to think that you would jail a person for their thoughts.

Perhaps you would have her deleted as an unperson for her thoughtcrime?

[edit on 9-3-2008 by cavscout]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice

In response to another post, sex biology and sexual pleasure coincide together. Humans are the onle species to have sex for pleasure. Think about it for a sec. Childbirth is very painful and enduring. If sex wasn't pleasureable, there would not be billions of people on this planet.
Please don't get into semantics either and start hunting for the exceptions to the rule by pointing out an isolated incident or two in the animal kingdom.

There are A LOT of animals that are known to have sex for pleasure, even masturbate, you simply do not know what you are talking about in this case mate.

Heterosexuals are NOT allowed to fornicate, as per the Bible. How then do you claim that homosexuals ARE allowed to fornicate?

Well thank my lucky stars that believing the word of the bible is a choice too.

Great book, you should read it and the other works of American ancestors, then some modern dystopia, and maybe you wouldn’t be so keen on persecuting this woman because of her religious beliefs or for speaking her viewpoint regardless of religion.

This is a woman in a political office mate, because of this her statements take on a new light and a new level of responsibility.

Over all I see Paulianity, excuse me I mean Christianity, as too often treading down the path of bigotry and hate for my tastes. Jesus was a kick ass dude and I would have loved to see him live in concert, for real; however, those that claim to follow his teachings are, IMHO, so far off that there is little point in talking to them on the subject.

This lady from Oklahoma is one of the many who give the Christian world a bad rap in my book. Don't think I am merely against Christian views on this matter, and many others. I really detest the dogma of hate and bigotry that is part and parcel of religion.

But enough on religion, this is about politics, specifically US politics, which last time I checked was REALLY into the idea of separating politics and religion. Based on this I would say this lady it playing for the wrong team, no poor pun intended. Her hateful ideology may be in line with others in her community but I am willing to bet it is the minority. She deserves what is coming to her, public humiliation for her bigotry and removal from her position of leadership.

[edit on 9-3-2008 by Animal]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Could it be the "Judge not..." thing, or the "Let ye who is without sin..." thing? I just love fanny-tics of all stripes, cuz their godz apparently don't let them think.

[edit on 9-3-2008 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout

nobody is against what this woman religious "BELIEFS" are...it is the intended "ACTIONs", that are repulsive

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Ah, so you are still here.

Seems you chose to skip over my last post directed at you. Willful ignorance for you it is, then.

I will, however, pretend that you have not been given the answer to your new questions before and answer them myself.

Pointing out that something is sin as per the Bible is not judgmental. Saying that a homosexual is a bad person, or that they are going to burn, now that would be judgmental.

As far as hypocrisy goes, I have never claimed to be without sin, nor am I interested in pointing out the sins of others. I embrace truth, fact. Even if was not a Christian, I would have a hard time sitting here reading peoples lack of understanding about the Bible without correcting them.

Further, I have stated on this board more than once that I am a horrible sinner and that I think I am domed.

I would rather face the Lord as a homosexual serial fornicator someday than have my soul torn apart every day and night for the muderous evil things I have done

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Surely you can point me to the authentic words of Christ? Are they in the New Testament? I am suprised that you don't know the words of Christ.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Stop playing silly games.

I have elaborated on the fact that Christ was silent on the issue. If you think something Christ said is relevant to the conversation then quote it.

Now is the time to crap or get off the pot. Make your point so we can discuss it or stop badgering me.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Do I hump trees and defecate in public???

Sounds like fun!

But seriously someone should tell this woman there is nothing to worry about. We have tracked the gay politicians and they are masquerading as Republican senators. That should be a relief to this woman. I Know, I know, I feel you sister...the gays frighten me MORE than the terrorists. Really scary!

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
Do I hump trees and defecate in public???

Sounds like fun!

Not cool. I just spit a stream of Diet Coke on my keyboard trying to keep from cracking up.

Please, if you are going to hump trees and crap on the sidewalk take some pictures so we can all get a giggle out of it, just warn me they are coming first so I don’t choke on my drink in laughter!

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
First amendment have this been forgotten in this thread? You may not agree with what she has to say but she does have the right to say it weather she is in power or not. She also has the right to the reprecutions for saying it though but not to be jailed. Whoever said that is ignorant.

As far as her "agenda" in office I know a few gay people in office in San Fransisco no names to be mentioned whos agenda was to get a "gay pride" parade where men dress in tight leather practically no clothes and also men in drag walking down the road. This was passed with someones agenda at heart. Does it make it right or wrong well that is the big debate but the same people who allow this kind of free speech need to allow hers. Period.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join