It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sally Kern, "Gay's are Infiltrating our City Council."

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Wow quazga, what a great arguement you have there. Name calling always is a great arguement. Have you not read any of my actual posts. I said that given that sex's intended purpose is for reproduction then homosexuality is unnatural.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitless86
In other words, until a person gives in to those desires and feelings and commits a homosexual act (s), they are not gay at all...If a person stays celibate, they are NOT gay ; when a person acts out on their impulses and desires, especially sexual ones, then they have accepted the label

I'm trying to stay out of this discussion, because I figure I'd had my say, but this stuff is making me nuts. For somebody who has lots of gay pals, you don't seem to get it. Gays think gay because they are gay. Punkt.

You're citing all kinds of psychobabble here...show me some peer-reviewed science. Otherwise, you're merely spouting hooey.

Oh...one more thing, just because I refuse to sit back as gays are being slagged does not make me a 'gay promoter'. It makes me a mensch.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
Wow quazga, what a great arguement you have there. Name calling always is a great arguement. Have you not read any of my actual posts. I said that given that sex's intended purpose is for reproduction then homosexuality is unnatural.

Name calling is what happens when you say homosexuals are sinful because one of the thousands of gods humans have had was claimed to have said it.

It may also be what happens when people refer to you as being a bigot for doing so.

But you bring up an interesting question... "What is the intended purpose of sex" Of course that really means you have a "belief" which tends to make you think all things have an intended purpose, but thats another thread.

I'd like to ask you how you know that sex was intended for only reproduction? Do you know that Bonobosuse it to relax tensions between tribes to ensure the social fabric and collective survival? Imagine that.. Sex serving a peacemaking role as opposed to a reproductive role. And do you know what else happens... female bonobos will have sex with other female bonobos to squelch disagreements as well.

So now, where do you get your data on the "purpose of sex" other than a religious narrative of some sort?

[edit on 12-3-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

So then why does it feel so awesome?

If it were purely for makin babies it would just be a compulsion to do so without pleasure, not to enjoy it and do it a lot.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I said that given that sex's intended purpose is for reproduction then homosexuality is unnatural.

It's also to nurture intimacy between partners. Nothing unnatural in that then.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

Great minds think alike.

Apparently at the exact same time as each other too.

You could also throw in when a dog humps a person's leg or a stuffed animal, I highly doubt we are going to be seeing any dog-leg hybrids or dog-stuffed animal creations walking around. So then why do they do it?

Because it feels really really, really really, really really....good.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I love the argument that homosexuality isn't natural. It goes like this:

Bigot: "Homosexuality is not natural".

Normal Person: "Well, homosexuality is natural in nature because a lot of animals engage in it."

Bigot: "Apes fling poo. So, should we start flinging poo too since it's natural?"

Normal Person: "I thought you were the one who said that homosexuality wasn't natural? YOU are the one who wants things to be natural. So, yes, according to YOU, we should be flinging poo. Dumb arse."

[edit on 3/12/2008 by Griff]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

Thanks Griff! As Always I love how simple it is for you to explain things.

Can't wait to use this in my next debate...

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I disagree,,, childbirth is so painful, if sex wasn't pleasurable, we would not do it.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Where ya at intrepid? How many times ya gonna let them do the name calling thing. This is a board to debate issues and if you can't debate without getting angry and name calling, then you do not need to be on here.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

It is not against the T&C's to call a group of people a name. Just an individual.

I learned this from the mods when I asked about the 9/11 "truthers" being called names. A blanket attack is acceptable on here. A personal attack is not.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I think Pink Floyd said it best in "Your Possible Pasts" on the Final Cut album.

"By the cold and religious we were taken in hand.
Shown how to feel good and told to feel bad"

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Where ya at intrepid? How many times ya gonna let them do the name calling thing. This is a board to debate issues and if you can't debate without getting angry and name calling, then you do not need to be on here.

Ok, CV, I'm going to cite your profile:
Stuff I Don't Like
People who are blatently Anti-Christian. People who constantly make excuses for their perversions. People that continuously throw out names like bigot, and hate mongers, and ignorant.

It would seem to me that you pretty much lump all three of these together as manifestations of the same persona. You know, folks aren't taking it upon themselves to bait you like Satan's imps. It is your attitude about gays that is being considered perverse.

What you are being told is that you are behaving in a manner that is wrong, cruel and bigoted. These are not idle insults...we're not here for that. These are assessments made based upon due reflection of what you are telling us. If you cannot fathom this statement, look within yourself and consider why these things are being said about you...a person who apparently tries to be good. Anything else is willfull ignorance. Live and let live...life's too short to victimize others.

self-edit to tone down the judgementalism

[edit on 12-3-2008 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
So If I threw out a phrase like Godless heathans to reference a group of people like homosexuals and the people that support their decisions I would not get any warning or suspension?

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Haven't you been doing so this entire thread? In so many words?

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I disagree,,, childbirth is so painful, if sex wasn't pleasurable, we would not do it.

That's not true, I know people who have risked their lives to go ahead and have children, knowing that it would be extra painful and could very well have complications. All because they wanted children. That's like saying 'Well tatoos are painful, so no one is going to get them' it's not the same kind of pain, but it's in the mindset of 'Well I really want this so I'm going to get it no matter how painful it is.'

Oh and ever heard of an epidural?

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

That's not true, I know people who have risked their lives to go ahead and have children, knowing that it would be extra painful and could very well have complications. All because they wanted children. That's like saying 'Well tatoos are painful, so no one is going to get them' it's not the same kind of pain, but it's in the mindset of 'Well I really want this so I'm going to get it no matter how painful it is.'

I'm talking about the human race in general. Not the exceptions to every rule.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

So If I threw out a phrase like Godless heathans to reference a group of people like homosexuals and the people that support their decisions I would not get any warning or suspension?

Ok, I'm just going to end this NOW.

Are you gay? I'm going to guess no.
Then this isn't really your problem is it?

Go about your life and let people go about theirs.

“Judge not, lest you be judged” ring a bell?

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Okay I'm over this.
It's like talking to a brick wall.

I'm done.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Oh good grief,,,, this is a thread dealing with the subject. This is what we are supposed to do on these threads. We are supposed to debate a subject. I didn't just walk into a gay bar with my Bible and start praying out loud. This is just a thread to debate Sally Kern's comments. I expressed my views on her comments and why. If you cannot debate without getting pissed then I suggest you do not post again.
I truly hate noone believe it or not. I have stated that according to the Bible, homosexuals are sinners. I am a sinner. I am sure that I sin every day in some way. I can admit it and I ask God for forgiveness every single day and for him to help me not to sin. I could be friends with any one of you. I have a gay friend, I have a very dear friend who is not Christian, yet he's Hindu. We debate all of the time in person, thing is we don't get upset. Seriously, if we can't debate this without people getting upset then I can't see the point of continuing.
We have somehow turned this into a thread about homosexuality and not Sally Kern, and for that I'm sorry.
On with the thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join