It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sally Kern, "Gay's are Infiltrating our City Council."

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Sally Kern, "Gay's are Infiltrating our City Council."

This is why it is critical that folks speak out against gay hate speech. Sure Rep. Sally Kern has the right to be hateful and to say hateful things (as long as she doesn’t threaten people), but she doesn’t have the right to stay in the legislature. The people have got to speak up and vote her out of office, or better yet the legislature should impeach her and remove her from office. I see this as being no different than a state legislator coming out of the closet as a rabid racist and supporter of the KKK.
It must be made clear that it is wrong to refer to people made in the Image of God, as being a “cancer”, as being “worse than the terrorists or Islam” (and let’s not attack Muslim people either, but I guess Rep. Kern is a bigot in more than one way). This kind of speech is SICK AND WRONG.
I would encourage folks to call Ms. Kern and let her know that hate is not an Oklahoma value (and for that matter isn’t a Christian value either).

[edit on 8-3-2008 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Here is a Youtube video someone recorded while she went on an anti-gay tirade in a closed meeting. Ooops.

www.youtube.com...://

This is going to get someone very fired.

www.okhouse.gov

Biographical Information
PERSONAL:
Sally was born in Jonesboro, Arkansas on November 27, 1946. She is married to Dr. Steve Kern, pastor of Olivet Baptist Church. Sally and Steve have two grown sons, Jesse and Nathan.
EDUCATION:
B.A., Sociology, University of Texas, 1971
Teacher Certification in Social Studies with an emphasis in Government, East Texas State University, 1986
PROFESSION:
Teacher
ORGANIZATIONS:
Member, Olivet Baptist Church
Member, Northwest Chamber of Commerce
Member, Heart and Hand, non-profit ministry organization
Member, American Legislative Exchange Council
Member, Eagle Forum
Member, Frontier Country Republican Women and Tri-City Republican Women's Clubs
LEGISLATIVE SERVICE:
House of Representatives, 50th Legislature
(visit the link for the full news article)

AAC

www.okhouse.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
She is up a creek without a paddle. There is no sidestepping this. The fact that this woman holds an elected position of office does not speak well for the people that voted her in. Her days are numbered.

[edit on 8-3-2008 by kleverone]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
This is terrible! They are every where! It's the end of the world....

Oh... GAY's... I thought you said GRAY's... lol

Never mind.

I was really worried there for a minute.

She sounds like a real jerk. Just another fascist forcing there way of life on others.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
As if gays don't need representation on the City Council!~
I wish I could call and complain, but I don't live anywhere near Oklahoma,m so they'd just tell me to mind my own business.

I think her goose is cooked, and rightly so.

Ohio is trying to pass HB 515 banning adoption and fostering of children by gays and lesbians. They call it the "Adoptive Children Protective Act"...who would vote against something like that?? Who wants to say they AREN'T for protecting children?? What it is ACTUALLY is a hate-filled discriminatory piece of legislation with no basis in fact. Research shows kids in gay/lesbian homes are as emotionally, socially and mentally stable as children raised in strictly hetero homes (and overwhelmingly end up with hetero orientations themselves when they're grown).

On the other hand, reasearch ALSO shows that children are most likely to be sexually abused by their heterosexual biological father...are we gonna ban heterosexual males from fathering children because they're most likely to molest???

Sorry...I ranted!

I hope everyone gives her a hard time and a gay person gets her job

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I think the lady had a bad experience with a gay person and now she is on an agenda,

Sad when people with this type of mentality hold positions of power where they can cause so much damage.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Infiltrating???? This woman is a real good example of ignorance.

Does she mean gays consider the city council to be hostile territory?

Do the gay people she is speaking of have their own agenda to turn everyone gay? If so, then she is terribly wrong and showing her lack of intelligence and understanding.

I have gay friends and none have ever tried to influence me to become anything other than what I am....heterosexual.

Wonder if the council was all male would she consider me "infiltrating" because I am female and had a position on the council? Would she think I wanted to bed all the males?

A persons sexual preference should never be considered in reference to job qualifications.

Weather a person is gay, lesbian, hetro, or celibate has no bearing on that persons ability to do the job they were elected to or hired for.

She is definitely a prime example of a gay basher. The only agenda the gay people I know have is to be left alone to live their lives as they see fit.

Dizzie

[edit on 8-3-2008 by dizziedame]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
It gets worse... As quoted above, she is a teacher!

This is really disgusting. I agree with the other posters that she should be fired from her current position. (both on the city council and teaching position)

I was surprise no one said anything when she claimed that no society has ever survived more than a few decades after embracing homosexuality. (Did the Greek empire only last 20 years? :puz

However, this is of course a much deeper issue. According to her bio, she's a religious woman and the fact is that her God does indeed hate gays. (see Genesis 19:1-13; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9; Leviticus 18:22)

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
There are people on the board who agree with this lady.

I'm just waiting for them to post.

Then, the fun will begin.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

I am crossing my fingers.

Beautiful day today is sunny california. [length added]

AAC

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by yankeerose
This is terrible! They are every where! It's the end of the world....

Oh... GAY's... I thought you said GRAY's... lol

Never mind.

I was really worried there for a minute.

She sounds like a real jerk. Just another fascist forcing there way of life on others.

Does kinda sound like shes saying Grays. Heh.

And Wow. Let's get this women out of office!! She is one big step back on America's evolution ladder. Sad sad.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

She's just keeping us going in the direction we've been heading. Hell, at the rate we're going, we should be pre-Industrial Revolution in 10 years.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Wow she must not know that 20+ years ago(maybe more?) there would have been people saying the same things about her being in office .

Sad but not unheard of i suppose.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
OK let's go ahead and get the religious issue out of the way.

This woman is religious. What is her religion? Are all religious people perfect and without faults? I believe religious fanatic better describes this woman.

In am a Christain. The God I love and believe in loves us no matter what our sexual orientation. I have distanced myself from all organized religious institutions as they are saturated with people like Mrs. Kern.

Yes, I caught what she said about a society not surviving but a few decades embracing gays. She had already established the fact to me that she was ignorant so that comment didn't surprise me.

This woman would not have made it past the from door in the political arena in my area. How did she manage to worm her way into the positions she did hold?

Dizzie

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   

There are people on the board who agree with this lady.

Let the fun begin........

First off let me say I hate noone. I love all people reguardless of their sexual preferences or color or anything.
With that said, I think that the out right slandering of homosexuals especially by a public official is of incredibly poor taste, but, and this is a big but, anyone on here who has seen my posts know I am a Christian. As a Christian I believe what the Bible says, and it says homosexuality is wrong. Someone els's sexual preferences are up to them, but we don't have to know about it.
Think about this for a sec. The most oppressed people in history are the Jewish people. They have been murdered and tortured and ridiculed throughout history just for being Jewish. I don't believe I've seen one single JEWISH PRIDE parade. That may be a slightly off comparison, but maybe the point will get across. I am not one to ridicule people and hurt them, butothers are and if you don't want that treatment then don't broadcast your lifestyle. My neice always dresses very oddly, the black hair and makeup and peircings everywhere and gets pissed when people stare. I tell her, dress how you want, but you have no right to get angry when you present yourself out of the norm and people take a second glance. In a flower bed of red roses, you can't help but notice the one yellow rose.
I don't broadcast my sexuality to anyone. I don't stick my tongue down my fiance's throaght in the middle of the mall.
If you CHOOSE to be homosexual, fine that does not make you less of a person, it's just a lifestyle I would not choose and don't agree with. I don't have to either. Noone has to agree with my lifestyle or choices either, but the point is name calling and ridicule is not called for. I don't like to see hatred coming from anyone especially a public official. She as a government official should not pass her own anti gay agendas onto anyone. Yet at the same time a homosexual in political office has no right to do the same.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
Someone els's sexual preferences are up to them, but we don't have to know about it....If you CHOOSE to be homosexual, fine that does not make you less of a person, it's just a lifestyle I would not choose and don't agree with.

The moment you use the word 'choice', anything you say is blown out of the water. Being gay is no more a choice than being heterosexual. It is simply a fact of life. If you can't understand that, stay out of the debate because you are then clearly out of your depth. Once again, I submit the following missive for context:
an open letter to Dr. Laura
J. Kent Ashcraft
May 2000
Dear Dr. Laura,

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to best follow them.

a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

e) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an Abomination (Lev 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

g) Lev 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev 19:27. How should they die?

i) I know from Lev 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev 24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help.

Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your devoted disciple and adoring fan.

www-users.cs.york.ac.uk...

apc

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Sometimes it's a choice and sometimes it's biology. It's not black and white but varying shades of gray. Or teal and fuscia... whatever.

She probably personally decorated the chambers and is scared to death of someone else coming in and making the place look like a french poodle.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
Sometimes it's a choice and sometimes it's biology. It's not black and white but varying shades of gray. Or teal and fuscia... whatever.

You know, I can agree with that assessment, though I'd have to say that even a capacity for choice would have to be hard wired....from my standpoint as a total hetero. I'm not trying to appropriate voice, but what I really detest is seeing somebody coo about lifestyle choices and defend their ignorance by citing Scripture. Last time I checked, you can't cherry-pick yer abominations. If there's wiggle room in such admonitions, then one needs to stand by their choices and acknowledge them as products of their own prejudices (prejudici?)

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

The moment you use the word 'choice', anything you say is blown out of the water. Being gay is no more a choice than being heterosexual. It is simply a fact of life.

OK, if this is the direction you wish to lead this thread we'll do it. Let's get some facts first. First it is fact that sexual intercourse is the means of reproduction that humans do. I don't think anyone would argue that fact. Given that fact alone would suggest that homosexuality goes against the natural design for sexual reproduction. I'll touch on this from a Christian perspective just a bit and then hit it from a logical standpoint. Given that the Bible says that homosexuality is wrong ( and it does plainly ) why would God create a person that is born so against him from the start?
Now, let's hit the obvious.A man's parts do not fit to another man's parts. As a woman's parts do not fit another woman's parts. Men were made for women and vice versa. The colon is the waste receptacle of the body. The anus is the outer opening to the colon. I won't even go any further on that one.

The Centers for Disease Control & Prevention report that men who engage in homosexual behavior are 860% more likely to contract a sexually transmitted disease (STD), increasing up to 500% their risk of contracting HIV/AIDS. Men who have sex with men "have large numbers of anonymous partners, which can result in rapid, extensive transmission of STDs," the CDC warns. "Control of STDs is a central component of HIV infection prevention in the United States; resurgence of bacterial STD threatens national HIV infection prevention efforts."

The top six U.S. male serial killers were all gay:
• Donald Harvey claimed 37 victims in Kentucky;

• John Wayne Gacy raped and killed 33 boys in Chicago, burying them under his house and in his yard;

• Patrick Kearney accounted for 32, cutting his victims into small pieces after sex and leaving them in trash bags along the Los Angeles freeways;

• Bruce Davis molested and killed 27 young men and boys in Illinois;

• A gay sex-murder-torture ring (Corll-Henley-Brooks) sent 27 Texas men and boys to their grave; and

• Juan Corona was convicted of murdering 25 migrant workers (he "made love" with their corpses).

Lesbian Aileen Wuornos laid claim in 1992 to "worst female killer" with at least 7 middle-aged male victims. She singlehandedly topped the lesbian nurse team of Catherine Wood and Gwen Graham, who had killed 6 convalescent patients in Grand Rapids, Michigan

Lastly for now.
When two men have sex with each other they simply emulate heterosexual sex. The same goes for a woman. Lesbians emulate heterosexual sex. When lesbians are intimate, what do they use ? An artificial PENIS, some even strap on ones to mimic a man.
The writing is on the wall people.
Again,,,, please do not think I hate or despise anyone for their lifestyle choices. I don't. I hope we can debate this without people getting angry and attacking each other.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Mr. johnny canuk, we are not talking about any of those things on this thread. We are discussing homosexuality and a politicians words about it. The Bible says a lot of things are wrong, but for this thread I'm just touching on homosexuality.
It is clearly a choice. An unnatural one at that. No homosexual is forced to have sex with another man. He chooses to. I am heterosexual. That is how you are born, given that sex was designed for procreation. You choose to be contrary to that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join