It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Energy from magnets?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Well to start of i'd like to ask if this would be possible, image bellow ^^ if you can understand it post a message and il explain how it works, if you can understand post away ^_^

img299.imageshack.us...

[edit on 8-3-2008 by Richard.M.J.Palmer]

Editeted - i have no idea how to post a picture corectly, please forgive me and copy this into a your browser thank you

[edit on 8-3-2008 by Richard.M.J.Palmer]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
The circling of the magnet can generate electric currents. if you use a dam to store the energy of water body to turn the magnet, you are building a hydo power station.

Or you can build a magnetic mill with your device.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
This is kind of interesting.

I think it would work better if you had a center magnet in the circle.

Say you have 4 magnets on four fixed arms that are attached to a device with a center magnet.

These fixed arms can twirl around the center magnet. So it will be just like the rotation of planets.

The outer magnets will be attracted to the center magnet but since there on fixed arms they will begin to rotate.

It's just like the earth and the sun. The earth is attracted to the sun but it curves spacetime and therefore it can't fall into the sun so it rotates.

The same should happen to the magnets that are on fixed arms around the center magnet.

If you can get magnets strong enough, you could move a car. The closer the magnets get to the center magnet the faster the rotation and the faster the car will go.

You could drive a car for 3 to 6 months without gas. You just have to change magnets every 3 to 6 months.

Just an idea.

[edit on 9-3-2008 by polomontana]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Thanks for all your advice i just drew this on a whim, mainly because i saw other people puting their idea's up. Im not that smart, hell im not even out of school, but ive got an over imagination

basicly i was gunna make it so the magnets would push each other, then they would twist a sort of handle, like a windmill.

im not sure how i could get this thing to work, but im sure other people can, im not clinging to this idea, so anybody that wants it can have it, aslong as you tell me if you make any progress

peace out

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Great post Richard! I too believe magnets/magnetic forces are the energy of the future. A long time ago I had a dream about something like this, very similar to your design. Here's a link to a company that apparently is using this kind of technology to build anti gravity devices.

John Searl

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I have been thinking about almost the exact same idea for some time now.

I to am still only in college but I can imagine magnets arranged in a circle, and around them are magnets that will have two different poles close to each other (an issue with stronger magnets) so the circle of magnets will be attracted at first then launched onto the next set.

Of course I've only slightly tossed this idea through my mind so I have not ever made anything or even drawn. I just feel there is something to be had with magnets as long as the right person or group of people get at them!

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Well, here it is
, at least if you want to visit sites like

mmmgroup.altervista.org...

just did a google search of 'magnet perpetual motion' because that is what i've always envisioned, if you can just give the magnetic wheel a start... and can keep it moving... your golden.

[edit on 13-3-2008 by HukdUnFonixWerks]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by HukdUnFonixWerks

Music via microphones...

magnetic/electrical reaction...

then look into analogue to digital conversion...

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I am certain although I don't know exactly how that some type of electric generator can

be operated by any of the many constant forces of nature. Whether it be magnetics,

wind, sun, waves and tides and water wheels, even gravity itself is a constant force,

How about tapping the energy of a volcano??? There is a natural reactor for you right

there. I've even thought about tapping the energy from a slowly moving glacier. Imagine

the sheer force of that pushing against some type of generator!!!!

If you really think about it there are really hundreds of ways to tap energy from the

natural forces of nature. It is only our educational and political brain washing that that

tries to make

us believe we need to burn coal and oil and I think people will eventually realize this

and overthrow this corrupt system....

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Sorry but what about those things, music via microphone, electric fields/magnetic fields, an ADC...

Could you explain more what you meant.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I think of plenty of these kinda things but i never put them to paper, i think in the future we'll be CO2 free XD

hope you enjoyed my thought

peace

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Richard.M.J.Palmer

Don't just think. Play with the "toys". It is of fun. While playing w/ the toys, you can have more "thoughts", and you could find something, even possibly invent something.

Those simple "toys" are not so expensive. Most people can afford them.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
thanks i'l do that XD

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I tried this on my own with my grandpa but sadly it doesnt work
Its because of magnetic flux curves that wont allow the system to fully rotate.
I was so depressed
oh well

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I remember as a child coming up with something pretty similar.

I thought that you could use magnets in some formation to push off one another and cause a wheel to rotate using it.

Sadly, it doesn't work.

I'll save you the heart ache. You just can't get energy out of something without putting it in, in the form of fuel, electricity, or an already dynamic medium such as wind, water, etc.

Now, if you plan on using wind, water, etc to move the disk, and use a magnetic field to shunt electricity through a wire... you've just re-invented the electric generator.

If you're anything like I was when I did it, you're going to ignore what I'm saying and push at it anyways... but you will get to the same depressing conclusion I did... it just can't work.

But, maybe thats a part of becoming a real inventor. Finding out what harsh failure feels like. So, go ahead and give it a shot.

Remember this though, when you do realize why it fails, don't take it personally... it just means that THAT idea doesn't work... there are still an infinite number of things that you can invent. So keep pushing.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
i just had an idea, what if we made the magnets like planets, and create a magnetic field of our own, then get them to rotate, im not sure what im getting at but it may be able to do something XD

and i will take your advice, but if everyone were to stop at something when it didnt work once, then nothing would really be created

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I don't want to discourage anyone, but these type of thing has been studied for more than 150 years, so it would be a good idea to see first what has been made.

There is always the possibility of trying something that nobody tried before, or applying a new way of solving an old problem that nobody has solved before, but for that we must know what is needed so we do not waste time and resources doing something that already exists.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Also, don't forget that it takes a lot of energy to make the magnets in the first place. Even if the final device is converting the magnetically stored energy into some other usable form, you'll never get more of it than you put into it.

top topics

join