It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada's reception of six fallen heros.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
photo link mk ii

Found this on another Forum however the world should see
this.
impressive photos of reception of 6 soldiers that died
in afghanistan.

I think the pictures speak for itself - very impressive.

Original author of the file is Alain Roy.

[edit on 8-3-2008 by Jezza]

CX

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Can't see the pics.

Says you have to log in first.

CX.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
fixed with new hosting

should work now

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Very Touching.

Great respect for the Canadian people.

They have always contributed.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 168.56.255.255
Very Touching.
Great respect for the Canadian people.
They have always contributed.

This is not a one-off, either. That stretch of Highway 401 has been named the "Highway of Heroes", and that is the sight that greets each funeral cortege that bears the dead from CFB Trenton to the Chief Coroner in Toronto. On one occasion, the soldier had been from the town of Bowmanville. When they passed, there was an elephant from the local zoo on the overpass. One of my best friends drives limo for the funeral home that transports the fallen, and is generally called upon for this service. It's all very touching.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I also have seen photos of these trips as well before and I must say it is the least that can be done for these soliders and their families. Stirs up many thoughts and emotions about our mission in the middle east and what our role is and the cost of that role.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This is nice and all but I'd much rather these people weren't over there in the first place. While there may be some marginal progress they are in a situation with no end in sight. Bring the rest of them home so we don't have to continue seeing this.

brill

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by brill
This is nice and all but I'd much rather these people weren't over there in the first place. While there may be some marginal progress they are in a situation with no end in sight. Bring the rest of them home so we don't have to continue seeing this.

brill

I have to say that I agree with you 100% on this count. I don't think we have any business over there. There are self-proclaimed US interests in Afghanistan, and as far as I'm concerned, our government felt obliged to commit Cdn troops because we declined to follow them into Iraq. I shudder when we get into debates over whether or not we should hand prisoners over to the Afghans, because they torture them. These are the folks we are fighting for? These are the Good Guys?

I'm all for the troops, but I figure the best thing we can do for them is bring them home alive, well, and soon.

top topics

join