It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Structure on the Moon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
staying on topic,the recent interview with john lear giving batman(adam west)the clap by proxy awhile back was every bit as thrilling as structures on the moon.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
didnt you hear, theyre building a new Denny's up there

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

[edit on 9-3-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I Swear you can't get shadows on the moon ;S

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Nice work Internos. The mirror images show that this "structure" is indeed the sides of several craters in this area. The lower resolution of the video makes it appear to be a unitary square structure casting a shadow, but the shadow doesn't fit a square structure and your pictures illucidate everything quite nicely. Thanks for your efforts.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GavCg

If by "so you really don't know that is huh?!!" you mean to say that I don't really know who he/she/it is then my answer is obviously yes.

How can I know who anyone here is, unless I know them in the real life?

As far as I know, I have never met any ATS member in person, so if anyone says he is the president of the US I do not have any way of really knowing it.

PS: there was no need to include all of my post in your reply, you can use the "Reply to:" button instead of the "Quote" button.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Ouch, I think that reply singed my eyebrows as well the intended target

Separate note: Is there an archive of non-earth based 'structures" that include proven hoaxes and pics that are still in debate on the cause?

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tompkins
I Swear you can't get shadows on the moon ;S

Yes, you most certainly can.
What you don't get is much in the way of shading or scattering as there is no atmosphere to refract the light.

This is an illusion, pure & simple.
I have seen a fair number of things I feel are truly unexplainable on the Moon, but this is not one of them.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bicnarok

that is exactly what i thought too when i saw it.

maybe the good doctor is on holiday?

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by olegkvasha

Ya I saw this earlier, there is something HUGE there. Looks like some sorta metallic/glass dome. Most likely used for mining, since there is such overwhelming evidence of us being there since the 70s.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
If you look at the dark areas of the object as shadows instead of walls to some buildings it looses its building like appearance.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2nd2no1
didnt you hear, theyre building a new Denny's up there

[edit on 9-3-2008 by elevatedone]

Actually, it is a Joe's Crabshack.

I didnt see anything in the picture, even with the blowup. Sorry.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

Unfortunately there isn't anything like that, although it would be extremely useful.

If only I had the time...

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Unfortunately there isn't anything like that, although it would be extremely useful.

If someone can hook me up with a library of pics and some content, I can toss it up somewhere. I have too much free time

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Yes, just google "lunar anomaly". If you can find a single one that can't be explained as a geologic feature or a hoax, you have my respect.

Many anomalies have been discussed in threads such as John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

You are right.
It would be great idea to create a thread in which to gather the most discussed anomalies: the search tool sometimes doesn't help, since every now and then he comes someone who opens a new thread about the same old skull on mars, and the thread title is often something like "What the heck is this?" and so on...
The actual anomalies on Mars are less than ten, in my opinion, more than hundred in someone else's opinion, billions in certain people's opinion, zero in someone else's opinion. Not to mention the moon, with so many images with different resolution; earth based telescopes, ranger, orbiters, lunik, apollo, Jaxa, Chang'e I and so on.
Now what was visible in the OP of this thread was actually something of very odd shaped: despite it turned out to be almost perfectly compatible with a shadow, this was worthy to be discussed, because there was something apparently cube-like shaped: but what about the ones who are outlining random images from Mars and passing them as crocodiles, monkeys and dragoons? Would be a limit to this appreciated, or wouldn't?
The fact that we still miss an actual evidence which proves the existence of life, present or past, intelligent or not, on Mars, is not an acceptable reason to necessary spot something where there's nothing but rocks, IMHO.

[edit on 11/3/2008 by internos]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Did anyone actually see the video or are they basing their opinions on the still? The video is actually quite revealing. Look at the very top, not in the middle. There is clearly something protruding out...and most definitely cannot be a crater!

Oh and the link works just fine. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Did anyone actually see the video or are they basing their opinions on the still? The video is actually quite revealing. Look at the very top, not in the middle. There is clearly something protruding out...and most definitely cannot be a crater!

All I see near the top is the raised rim of a crater wall. I took a shot of that same region of the moon, but mine is higher resolution than this video and you can clearly see a huge crater rim at the bottom (mine is upside down from the video). Clavius is at the top, the protruding crater rim is near the bottom of the moon, slightly to the left.
www.flickr.com...
In my photo the Clavius region is more illuminated so you can still see into the crater some, not just the protruding rim.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

All I see near the top is the raised rim of a crater wall. I took a shot of that same region of the moon, but mine is higher resolution than this video and you can clearly see a huge crater rim at the bottom (mine is upside down from the video). Clavius is at the top, the protruding crater rim is near the bottom of the moon, slightly to the left.
www.flickr.com...
In my photo the Clavius region is more illuminated so you can still see into the crater some, not just the protruding rim.

No offense, but it sounds like your trying to confuse people. I was looking at the very top of the video frame and clearly something big was protruding from the surface. I have no idea what it is but I don't think its a crater rim.

On a side note, I didn't realize they sell such telescopes to amateur astronomers. The resolution is absolutely great!

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

www.flickr.com...

No offense, but it sounds like your trying to confuse people. I was looking at the very top of the video frame and clearly something big was protruding from the surface. I have no idea what it is but I don't think its a crater rim.

On a side note, I didn't realize they sell such telescopes to amateur astronomers. The resolution is absolutely great!

I'm not trying to confuse anyone. My telescope setup, like most, makes things appear upside down. The bottom of my picture is equivalent to the top of his video frame. There's a huge crater rim above clavius in his picture and you can see it in the bottom of my picture. That's what you see protruding from the surface. Here's a higher resolution picture of the same region taken at about the same time of lunar day as his video but with my picture's orientation. Notice the same "protrusion" and notice where it is in relation to clavius.
www.unm.edu...
Now look back to my picture and see what it really is: a sunlit crater rim surrounded by craters already in the dark.
www.flickr.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I'm not trying to confuse anyone. My telescope setup, like most, makes things appear upside down. The bottom of my picture is equivalent to the top of his video frame. There's a huge crater rim above clavius in his picture and you can see it in the bottom of my picture. That's what you see protruding from the surface. Here's a higher resolution picture of the same region taken at about the same time of lunar day as his video but with my picture's orientation. Notice the same "protrusion" and notice where it is in relation to clavius.
www.unm.edu...
Now look back to my picture and see what it really is: a sunlit crater rim surrounded by craters already in the dark.
www.flickr.com...

The photo at flickr does show a crater. Why is your telescope setup oriented differently from the telescope used to take the video?

That by itself is odd and confusing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join