It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush for biofuels threatens starvation on a global scale

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Rush for biofuels threatens starvation on a global scale

www.timesonline.co.uk

The rush towards biofuels is theatening world food production and the lives of billions of people, the Government’s Chief Scientific Adviser said yesterday.
....“The supply of food really isn’t keeping up.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.blacklistednews.com

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
So they say it may happen by 2030. Seems like a conservative estimate to me. With the costs of food production skyrocketing already, I can't wait to see the price of food when this happens. Unless we are already rationed at that point.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
There is only one plant that can meet our needs for this..

Because it is the only one that has done it before..

That plant is HEMP!

Corn is one the worst plants to use... it is actually one of the stupidest things we could use... And the only reason we are using CORN.. is because the SOB's that own the majority of the CORN in this country (and world).. want us too!.. They have the influence .. and they have the resource...

Best thing about them using corn is they are painting themselves into a corner as it is a net energy LOSER...

Only Hemp can be grown in enough places.. at enough density per acre to meet our demand for fuel..

When you consider the following... Corn Ethanol.. has an EROEI (Energy Return On Energy Invested) rating of .8 to 1.

Meaning for every 1 unit of energy put into it.. you get .8 out .. meaning that it is a -.2 return = net energy loser.

There is on the horizon cellulose technology that 'could' boost that to a maximum of 1.2 to 1 meaning a +.2 return.. = still a sucky return on energy imput.

Now that EROEI does not factor in the PETROLEUM input to get the corn to the Ethanol plant. It does not factor in the PETROLEUM/NAT GAS used for Fertilizer, for Herbicides.. or Pesticides... So even at its best that +.2 is going to be quickly used up.

Now Hemp can give us 10 tons of biomass per acre ...which is far more then any other plant can match. It grows on all arable land, and because its root system can penetrate up to 10 feet down it can break up the soil and make more arable land... The roots are also good for the soil after you have harvested the crop providing a deep mulch and aerated soil that leaves the ground in perfect condition for the next crop in crop rotation.

It also grows 10-12 feet in 3 months, allowing even the colder climates of our nation to harvest 2 crops a year, in warmer more hospitable climates that number can shoot up to 3 or 4 crops per year.

It has over 40,000+ industrial uses from plastics, fiber, food, paper, to fuel... No other plant can match its utility.

It also requires no pesticides, herbicides or petroleum based fertilizers... manure is fine, and we have plenty of that.. (it does not always need to be fed either)

When used for fuel.. Its seeds can be virtually instantly turned into BIO Diesel .. in fact Rudolf Diesel designed his engine to run on it!!!

The EROEI for hemp is also the highest of the plant world.. with a 3 to 1 return..

Certainly it is not OIL's return where petroleum is 10 to 1.. however Hemp is still damn good... especially when you consider that we can grow it over and and over again... the same cannot be said for pumping oil out of the ground.

"I do not know if Hemp will save the world... But I will tell you this, It is the only plant that can!" ~ Jack Herer

[edit on 8-3-2008 by SavageHenry]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavageHenry
There is only one plant that can meet our needs for this..

Because it is the only one that has done it before..

That plant is HEMP!

It's true people. True, proven, effective.... and outlawed.

Outlawed because Hemp is so easy to grow and so versatile that it would put the cotton industry, the oil industry, and countless other expensive and inneffective products out of business.

Hemp is not outlawed because it resembles Cannabis, it is completely absent of the chemical which makes Marijuana psychoactive.

Hemp, like every other good thing on this planet, is outlawed because we are run by satanists and destroyers. Satanists and destroyers do not want you breathing fresh air and becoming best friends with nature. Satanists and destroyers do not want us growing our own fuel and living with ease.

Oh well. Biofuels, electric cars, hydro and solar energy. We all know they're going to push the button before we ever see these things.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The globalist population reduction plan using the nutjobs eco people who think the ``planet`` and the CO2 is worth killing millions of people.

It's really a religion. Killing for your religion.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
Hemp is not outlawed because it resembles Cannabis, it is completely absent of the chemical which makes Marijuana psychoactive.

Thank you for being aware!

The entire issue is very symbolic to me, as it addresses such a wide spectrum of our problems... and its re-emergence back to its historical place of use for us can seriously do alot to heal the damage done on so many levels since the beginnings of the industrial revolution and certainly since 1937...

I really must correct you a bit on this statement... so no one is misinformed... as the truth about this whole issue is so powerful in this case there is no reason to hide from it in anyway shape or form...

Everyone needs to know it all.

Hemp .. is Cannabis... It is slightly different from its cousin that is used in different ways... yet it is the same family.

It does contain THC... however this is at minimal levels (.02%) far to low to register a psychoactive response in anyone.. not to mention that it also contains another cannabinoid CBN, which pretty much neutralizes any of the effects that any of the other psychoactive cannabinoids found in its cousins anyhow.

Not that cannabinoids are anything to be afraid of anyway... as there is no LD-50 level (the dose that it takes to kill 50 out of 100 rats) when it comes to the psychoactive compounds found in Cannabis (we are talking about the smoking kind.. not the industrial kind).

It is actually one of the safest substances in existence.

In fact our entire endocrine system is cannabinoid based (look it up they are called endocannabinoids)... our immune system is cannabinoid based... so on and so forth.

Not to mention NOT ONE fatality in over 20,000 years of use.

Any serious look into the benefits of this plant is going to leave the researcher slack jawed and enraged...

I will not go on and on.. however I will leave with just this tidbit..

We have been told that the use of this plant for recreational purposes kills brain cells and renders the consumer "Dumb".. This is what is known as a preformed paradigm... issued forth with no valid scientific basis what so ever
(The studies done to prove this were done to Rhesus monkeys who were essentially asphyxiated for 5 minute intervals with nothing but smoke 20 times a day for 6 months who were then killed and a neuron count was done-- surprise.. if you give the brain a lack of oxygen for 5 minute intervals over and over and over.. you kill brain cells..!)--however this has nothing to do with how you did it.. if I use my hands to asphyxiate.. or a pillow.. or a rope.. I can say.. hands, pillows, and ropes kill brain cells!..

Anyhow..

Just to prove my point.. the active psychoactive ingredients found in Hemps medicinal cousin are shown to actually stimulate neurogenesis in the hippocampal (memory) regions of brains!!

Yes.. It does not kill brain cells.. IT STIMULATES THEM TO GROW!

(PROOF!!) VVVVVV

scholar.google.com...:en-US
fficial&hs=vJI&um=1&ie=UTF-8&oi=sc holart

-------

"But Savage.. what about what we have been told all these years!... I know people that have smoked it and they act dumb, and lazy, just like atypical stoner!! Doesn't that prove it??!!"

All it proves is that the Placebo effect works..

That If I tell you that a glass of water is vodka, and you believe it and drink it .. you will indeed act drunk!.. you will feel the effect..

It is a proven psychosomatic response and you will behave accordingly!

They are only 'acting' dumb.. because they believe that is supposed to happen...

Deep down they all know better... as does anyone else who has not been DESTROYED by the Plant with its roots in hell!!

[edit on 10-3-2008 by SavageHenry]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Well done. I have flagged this thread as I believe that hemp really is the answer to alot of our world's problems. The whole of Africa could be green again one day if everyone was just encouraged to plant Hemp - we could then utilise the plant to make clothing, ropes, medicines and eco-fuel and become totally self-sufficient. The UN and the rest of the West could then stuff their AID where the sun don't shine!

top topics

join