It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home school ur kids - u go to jail !!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Criminilizing home schoolers

Parents of the approximately 200,000 home-schooled children in California are
reeling from the possibility that they may have to shutter their classrooms —
and go back to school themselves — if they want to continue teaching their own
kids. On Feb. 28, Judge H. Walter Croskey of the Second District Court of
Appeals in Los Angeles ruled that children ages six to 18 may be taught only by
credentialed teachers in public or private schools — or at home by Mom and
Dad, but only if they have a teaching degree. Citing state law that goes back to
the early 1950s, Croskey declared that "California courts have held that under
provisions in the Education Code, parents do not have a constitutional right to
home school their children." Furthermore, the judge wrote, if instructors teach
without credentials they will be subject to criminal action.

Well here's another notch in the government's belt of how u can't raise
ur kids the way u want to. CA law states that u cant teach ur own kids
unless u have a teaching degree yourself.

What a bunch of horse-shi+ !!!

Any opinions out there ??

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
What are the laws in other countries? Maybe time to leave America while you still can?

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I'm glad Schwarzenegger is against the ruling. He vows to get the legislature involved to combat this, if they need to.
There are many reasons to home school your child. It should be the parent's decision.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Ive personally known several homeschooled individuals who ended up makeing something of them selves are are quite wealthy and respected.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
ok a:i don't like it
b: it does make some sense

i don't like it because i don't think the schools in most of north america are useless. the teachers don't normaly give a damm, the curiculam is worthless and the homework load is more time then a kid has before bedtime. and yet we still go out into the world useless because most of what we learned was either not what we actualy need in life or is so far outdated we shouldn't have bothered learning it at all. and lets also not forget that schools are more and more becomeing a battle ground.

on the other hand home schooling is not trusted by many of the drones out there. there is actual some truth to concerns of many of these people, that being " how can one be sure that a home schooled kid has been taught what he needs?". also the medias created sterio type for homeschooling is a backwords hick with no education, teaching his kids to be racialy intolerable. or alternately "training terrorists, or right wing (even left wing) extreemists to launch at the world.

but hey most people don't have time or money for ffour years of university to get a teaching degree. i could see some sort of remedial program for parrents homeschooling. this would be of help esp to someone who mabe isn't very good at a particular subject, or to help them work with their kids to make learning easyer for the kids. but i can't help but feel this is a diect assult on homeschooling, not actualy trying to help kids.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonSays

Hi.
I already have a thread going on this, with 92 replies. the thread was created on 3-5-2008. We'd love to have you come on over to hear your position.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join