It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials Lean Toward Keeping Next Iraq Assessment Secret

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Officials Lean Toward Keeping Next Iraq Assessment Secret

www.washingtonpost.com

Warner requested all three estimates in January, describing them as key to upcoming policy discussions in Congress.

Intelligence officials said that the National Intelligence Board -- made up of the heads of the 16 intelligence agencies plus McConnell -- will decide whether to release the Iraq judgments once the estimate is completed. But they made clear that they lean toward a return to the traditional practice of keeping such documents secret.

In internal guidance he issued in October, McConnell said that his policy was that they "should not be declassified." One month later, however, the intelligence board decided to publicly release key judgments from an NIE on Iran's nuclear weapons program, saying that it had weighed "the importance of the information to open discussions about our national security against the necessity to protect classified information."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
So I take it they know the reports will be bad and the American people will say end the war. So they decide hide the progress reports from the people and have Bush appointed inelligence officers classify them secret.
I remember when I was a kid and hd bad grades I also thougt about hiding mine but it just doesn't work in the rel word only in government.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join