It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The FA cup. Ain't it great?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Portsmouth knock out Manchester United,and shock horror,Champions league Barnsley take out the FA cup Holders Chelsea!!

*texts all Chelsea fans he knows to laugh*

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
it's not the champions league btw, that's the big european club competition, it's the championship

but yes it is great

but englands 2nd division football is probably the best in the world, and the championship is a very hard league to play in, 24 teams, 46 games is it? it's a tough league to win promotion from to the premier league

i think this further proves that avram grant is never going to win a thing for chelsea, if frank lampard and didier drogba leave chelsea in the summer you have to replace them with players who haven't player under mourinho, and don't have the winning mindset and mentality

the mental aspect of football and all sports and anything is huge, and mourinho was a master at having his players heads right

gonna be nice to see someone new win the FA cup though, i think we can all agree it's a nice change

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
It's an odd year wish the under dogs could all win it, it's funny how the top sides nearly made it through to scoring and could not, I guess it's down to luck and tiredness from mid week games.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Hell, the romance is back in football!
To top it all the smoggies got turned over today in their front yard.
Ha!
Had to ridicule some of the Boro boys I know!
Ha Ha.
The only downside was that it was Cardiff who beat them

Would like to see Barnsley do it now but suspect that Portsmouth will win it now.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Barnsley V Cardiff

Portsmouth City Football Club V West Brom

Play up Pompey. Pompey play up!

If the top flight team doesn't win it, then the world could be coming to an end!!

MonKey

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey

Indeed. This is Pompey's best ever chance.

It's a shame Benjani can't be a part of it though.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I'm hoping for a replay of the 1912 final
Barnsley v West Brom

Come on you Reds

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irma

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey

Indeed. This is Pompey's best ever chance.

It's a shame Benjani can't be a part of it though.

why is that? cause he had 1/2 of a good season in a pompey shirt before leaving for a fatter pay stub?

the guy was bad until this season, and he was a short lived league leader in the goal scoring department, how is it a shame? the guy had 1/2 of a good season before leaving the club who kept playing him when he wasn't scoring

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
This needs and update!

Cadiff Vs Pompey

I am really hoping Cardiff can do this. I have a soft spot for cardiff (my old boy is from there) and really just dislike portsmouth but I think the predictable will happen.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I'd like to see Cardif do Pompey,but my mate tipped Portsmouth to win the FA cup as an outsider bet at the start of the season!! I think he may be the special one

Gonna whack a fiver on it.

new topics

top topics

join