It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Hackers: Disclosure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Read this:
www.cnn.com...

What if they found information about UFO technology similar to what Gary Mckinon found, they release it and could cause a forced disclosure & world outrage..what do they care?!

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I don't think that these guys will aide disclosure. The Chinese government, if they are involved, would keep a lid on these things as to not arouse suspicion about their activities on American networks.

An independent hacker may reveal what the Pentagon has as far as Disclosure material. But at the same time it would be all too easy to discredit any files, photos, or data caches as faked.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
In my opinion Gary Mckinon used the i found U.F.O evidence and free energy tech as a sympathy card.

In other words he knew what he was doing got tracked down and made up a load of old cobblers in order to get support so he would not have to face Extradition.

As for chinese hackers finding it well who knows im shure if they did it would be kept in house.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
i believe the chinese would keep such info to themselves purely for thier own exploitation,copying the technology and such.also its valuable as a secret,as a bargining tool or an important chess piece on the board,so i believe they will only use this card if they do have the info in the most extreme of circumstances.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by atsguy_106
Read this:
www.cnn.com...

What if they found information about UFO technology similar to what Gary Mckinon found, they release it and could cause a forced disclosure & world outrage..what do they care?!

...or conversely, what if they found out that the U.S. government has no information at all regarding alien technology and spacecraft?

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I don't think the Chinese hackers would disclose any information regarding UFOs/Aliens, because these are most likely working directly with or for the Chinese Military.

If they did or do find UFO/Alien information on US military or governmental systems I think they would use it as leverage behind the scenes, away from public eyes/knowledge.

Don't lose track of reality though, it's not just the Chinese doing this. We're also doing it. Meet the Joint Functional Component Command for Network Warfare.

But I guess when we do it, it's not terrorism.

Now, I would like to address a bigger issue with the Internet and this is a bit off-topic but to everyone interested keep on reading. And I admit.. I need to rant

Honestly I think all this talk lately that the Internet is not 'safe'; that there are some sort of super hackers who can get to anything anywhere anytime is just propaganda to demonize the Internet in order to control it.

You know.. the same methods that are being employed to scare people with 'terrorism' and 'terrorists' that can get you anywhere anytime; that no one is safe; in order for us to beg and plead our mighty Government to 'protect' us.

First there were reports about the need to redesign the Internet, as if someday the Internet would just stop working and chaos would rein.

Then the reports about super hackers that could do anything and that no one was safe. And who was warning us about these incredible threats? Our friends at the CIA (CIA says hackers pulled plug on power grid).

Notice how vague these reports usually are.

Criminals have launched online attacks that disrupted power equipment in several regions outside of the U.S., he said, without identifying the countries affected.[...]

"We do not know who executed these attacks or why, but all involved intrusions through the Internet."

"According to Mr. Donahue, the CIA actively and thoroughly considered the benefits and risks of making this information public, and came down on the side of disclosure"

Aww how nice of the CIA to warn us.

I'm not saying that these things don't happen, they do. The same way that I'm not implying that terrorism and terrorists don't exist, but we all know how the Government/CIA/etc exaggerates, distorts and fabricates information to manipulate the people and public opinion.

Then of course came this little jewel: Pentagon: The internet needs to be dealt with as if it were an "enemy weapons system".

After this if anyone thinks that the Government has our best interests at heart when talks about the lack of safety of the Internet, or that it needs to be redesigned for our own good, is truly deluded.

Of course the Internet is a threat to the Government: the Internet promotes user generated content, free speech, easy access to more/different/alternative sources of news, communication and interaction with people from different countries/backgrounds and so on. And the Government/DOD doesn't like that.. especially because the way it is right now, they can't control the Internet.

Don't think for a second that a website/movement like ATS would be able to survive in the new and safer Internet. Or it would probably be turned into a false illusion of 'news' and free speech like the mainstream media that we have now.

End of rant

ed: fixed link.

[edit on 8-3-2008 by danx]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I dont think so, knowing that any mention of UFO's brings scorn, ridicule and the tin foil hat label it doesn't seem like a good story to make up for sympathy to me? He would used something else like drugs, alcohol or parental abuse for that. Bringing UFO's into it only made him seem less credible despite the fact he may have really found something

Originally posted by h3akalee
In my opinion Gary Mckinon used the i found U.F.O evidence and free energy tech as a sympathy card.

In other words he knew what he was doing got tracked down and made up a load of old cobblers in order to get support so he would not have to face Extradition.

As for chinese hackers finding it well who knows im shure if they did it would be kept in house.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

An independent hacker may reveal what the Pentagon has as far as Disclosure material. But at the same time it would be all too easy to discredit any files, photos, or data caches as faked.

I agree... though I suspect the government wouldn't even need to discredit any files, photos or data caches, the skeptics would do the job for them... lol

The whole UFO thang has to be the worst kept best kept secret of all time

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dagar

Originally posted by projectvxn

I agree... though I suspect the government wouldn't even need to discredit any files, photos or data caches, the skeptics would do the job for them... lol

The whole UFO thang has to be the worst kept best kept secret of all time

I agree 100% It is the most convoluted system of disinformation the likes of which have never been seen before.

join