Hyperinflation!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
We all know about what happened in Germany in the 1920's. Currency was better for its home heating qualities than it's monetary ability. en.wikipedia.org...

We are not having hyperinflation just yet in the U.S. and we are economically in uncharted territory as far as the current situation goes.

The point of this thread is to hear everyones ideas about where we are headed, short and long term, and what you think the chances of "Hyperinflation" are.

I predict that we will have hyperinflation starting at some point late 2008, to early 2009.

BTW I believe there is a concentrated effort by the powers that be to cause this on purpose in order to usher in the NWO, and or one world gov't and currency.

[edit: title - all caps]
Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8-3-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The administration is trying to hide the truth about the U.S. economy by manipulating the numbers and economic indicators, just as they don't count the cost of food or fuel in their inflation data.

Jobs data don't count the down-and-out
Williams starts by discussing the headline economic data: "Real unemployment right now -- figured the way that the average person thinks of unemployment, meaning figured the way it was estimated back during the Great Depression -- is running about 12%. Real CPI right now is running at about 8%. And the real GDP probably is in contraction." (By "real," he means calculating the data the way they used to be calculated, not as inflation-adjusted.)

He then explains how the employment data are compiled, noting that 5 million chronically unemployed people are not included in the statistics. In fact, there are seven or eight different employment statistics. One called U-3 is the official one. The broadest one, U-6, currently shows unemployment as running around 8.4%. As he explains, the one that's the most historically consistent is running around 12%.

moneycentral.msn.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Not to be a scare-monger but some may want to look up "stag-flation" a term from the last generation "economy". Carlyle seems about to implode... sub-prime, prime, credit, dodgey-stats, national debt... at some point the house of cards will require a "new deal". Hyperinflation is another indicator...

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I remember it happened in Cuba. They made an analogy on the news at the time - where you could throw a loaf of bred in your shopping basket and by the time you wheeled it to the register the price would be ten times greater.

Might as well put your cash in a wheel barrow to push it to the store

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I have read that we are already experiencing hyperinflation. Not under the defintion as we automaically assume but as a long drawn out process that has been manipulated by the PTB since 1973 when we were taken completely off of a backed currency and relied entirely on the fiat Federal Reserve Note. What we will see now is the loss of the control that has essentially just staved off the inevitable. We could look at the price of gold since 2002. Gold does not really increase in value so much as the dollar decreases.

OR, they have been setting this up all along to tank the dollar and create the Amero. Or worse yet! The World-o!!

No, really.
[edit on 8-3-2008 by Tinhatman]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Thanks for the input, but when do you guys think that it will be painfully obvious hyperinflation? Like for example, one day you get gas, and it is 3.75 a gallon, and then the next week it's 7.50 a gallon.

When do you guys see that kind of thing?

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I saw a video over at google video called the "energy non crisis". the fellow made a contention that the power elite that control the world banks made a decision t control the worlds currency though oil prices. The US Dollar is the standard currency for the oil trade, well the idea is Saudi Arabia and the oil dealers are buying our National Debt through oil sales.

Explains a lot because only 2 countries resisted the US dollar standard Iraq and Iran -- one down one to go.

The scary thing is if the Saudis decide to stop trading in dollars our economy collapses - the dollar is worthless in short order.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Tinhatman

I will agree that we have been seeing severe inflation since the advent of the Fed, but we are not in hyperinflation yet. I think that what will cause hyperinflation is when there are bank runs, bank failures, and then the FDIC has to reimburse everyone. That is when we will have true by definition hyperinflation. The printing presses will not be able to keep up with currency demand, and you will see the good ole' wheelbarrow full of cash to buy a pack of smokes.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

If you heard what Greenspan told the Saudi's a couple weeks ago (to stop pegging the dollar) you already know how much trouble we are in.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Oh I agree. I was just interjecting a different perspective.

Federal Reserve Note toilet paper could be soon though, what with Iran's oil bourse open and the possible depegging from the dollar by Saudi Arabia in April. The petro-dollar is dead this year IMO.

I personally think that the PTB have this all planned out where we will only be "in it" for a short period of time before some master plan is executed.

OR. We are proper fudged and we should all be out buying MRE's, genetically unmodified seeds, and ammuniton and not wasting anymore time here!

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Tinhatman

You are well informed my friend, and the Iranian oil bourse is causing this whole deal. Saddam did it and look what happened to him.

So I guess if we nuked Iran and shut down their oil operation it might save the U.S. from hyperinflation in the short term.

Fudged is right.

Welcome to New Amexicoanida, and the revolutionary new Amerodollar!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Hyperinflation only occurs with massive and rampant currency printing such as in Zimbabwe.

Considering how many currencies are pegged to the dollar, the dollar's hegemony on oil trades and most importantly, Chinese forex reserves ($1tril).

This makes it unlikely that the global market will allow the dollar to fall.

Barring some massive currency attack from China, i doubt anything can cause the dollar to go into hyperinflation.

That said, i am sure that about 10-15% inflation will be seen by 2010 or so.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
More people than ever might lose their jobs because of this poor economy we have in the U.S. Anyway, that should be expected, since that's what has been planned by those, who control this economy.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Let's see:

Gas 1.75 two years ago
Milk 2.00 gallon two years ago
Oil 45 barrel one year ago
Wheat price quadruple in one year
Gold doubles in two years

I'd say we entered hyperinflation about mid 2006
I don't care about government data. Anytime the price increases 50% on the stuff I use everyday I'm poorer than before.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColdWater
Let's see:

Gas 1.75 two years ago
Milk 2.00 gallon two years ago
Oil 45 barrel one year ago
Wheat price quadruple in one year
Gold doubles in two years

I'd say we entered hyperinflation about mid 2006
I don't care about government data. Anytime the price increases 50% on the stuff I use everyday I'm poorer than before.

Nailed it! Hyperinflation, recession, etc. has been well under way for quite a long time. Government economic data is as worthless as the greenback. The only data that matters with money is our own wallet and bank accounts. When prices double, the dollar grows more worthless, the economy sucks! So clearly, the answer is to lower interest rates and flood the market with more dollars; just ask Ben Bernanke...he knows everything!

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
If you believe Mish Shedlock, an economist on the Fed Reserve, we are headed toward the big "D" -- deflation.

When more people lose their jobs, costs must go down.. otherwise nothing would get sold.

Just FYI, not that I know anything.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by worried08

You are exactly right if we use the Great Depression as our historical model. We will continue to see inflation of 20-30% a year for another year or two, huge flop of economy (lost jobs etc) and then massive deflation, just not in a good way.

I have already sold half the gold I bought in 2002 at $10 over spot. 400% profit is not so bad.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

The Chinese have already begun the switch to bundle currencies. Iran has abandoned the dollar and Venezuela is set to. Saudi Arabia and others are probably goin gto depeg before the end of Summer.

Some of them are doing for economic reasons soley (see food riots in Saudi Arabia due to massive inflation).

Some for more political (See Venezuala and Iran trying to defend themselves form US Empire)

Not to mention the most horrible mismanagement of the US economy EVER IN IT'S HISTORY

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
And we have yet another devastating day at Wall St.

Dow -153
NASDAQ -43
S&P -20

And it'll now cost you 1.534$ to buy a Euro.

2008 I'm thinking will be among other memorable years like 1929, and 2001.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ColdWater

MORE COWBELL!!!!

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join