It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain, Hero or Traitor?

page: 1

join
share:
apc

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Traitor.

Forget McCain's role among the Keating Five. He should be dead. If only because his injuries in Vietnam should have killed him. Why didn't they?

As reported 14 May 1973, talking about an injury,

World Report

When I saw it, I said to the guard, "O.K., get the officer." An officer came in after a few minutes. It was the man that we came to know very well as "The Bug." He was a psychotic torturer, one of the worst fiends that we had to deal with. I said, "O.K., I'll give you military information if you will take me to the hospital."

Who knows how many Americans lost their lives because McCain preferred to give theirs instead of his.

Veterans Against John McCain

It was then that the communist learned that McCain III’s father was Admiral John S. McCain, the soon-to-be commander of all U.S. Forces in the Pacific. The Vietnamese rushed McCain III to Gai Lam military hospital (U.S. government documents), a medical facility normally unavailable for U.S. POWs.

By Nov. 9, 1967 (U.S. government documents) Hanoi press was quoting McCain III describing his mission including the number of aircraft in his flight, information about rescue ships, and the order of which U.S. attacks would take place.

John McCain knowingly and willfully betrayed his comrades and country.

WorldNetDaily

"OK," you say, "McCain should be given a pass for this because he was badly hurt. Wasn't his behavior at the Hanoi Hilton honorable after he recovered from his wounds?"

No, not exactly. While serving as a POW, McCain was one of the captives who agreed to be used for propaganda purposes by the enemy. In fact, some argue that an interview he gave to a communist publication ? detailing an accident aboard his ship, problems with low morale among U.S. servicemen, the chain of command in the U.S. Navy and other pertinent information ? went far beyond mere propaganda and crossed the line into disclosing military intelligence secrets.

To this day he continues his efforts to block investigations attempting to answer the questions surrounding his and others imprisonment. Hopefully they have since died, but it is still possible we have POWs alive in Vietnam. Thanks to McCain, we may never know for sure.

Worse yet, many years later, when both John McCain and John Kerry were serving in the U.S. Senate, they teamed up to betray the families of the POWs and MIAs in favor of sucking up to the murderous Communist Vietnamese regime.

More than any other two men in America, McCain and Kerry orchestrated the cover-up of what became of our Vietnam POWs and MIAs.

As chairman of the Select Senate Committee on POW-MIA Affairs, Kerry gave Hanoi a clean bill of health with regard to credible claims Vietnam was still holding U.S. prisoners of war. Kerry ensured the committee voted that no U.S. servicemen remained there, angering many families of missing servicemen.

McCain served along with Kerry on that committee. According to Ted Samply, writing in the January 1997 issue of U.S. Veteran Dispatch, McCain enjoyed dismal relations with many POW-MIA families and activists. McCain said some harsh words about those who accused the U.S. government of knowingly leaving POWs behind. In fact, he called such people "the most craven, most cynical and most despicable human beings to ever run a scam." McCain's presence on the committee and his willingness to go along with Kerry ensured that the final report would be politically bulletproof.

John Kerry and John McCain. That alone should be enough for anybody.

Don't blame me. I voted for Ron Paul.

[edit on 8-3-2008 by apc]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
There have been questions concerning his behaviour as a POW for years. The fact that he continually, to the best of my knowledge, refuses to answer them speaks volumes.

At best, he went along with the enemy to get along (Quisling, anyone?), at worst he's a traitor. I don't pretend to know which, but until these questions are answered, I refuse to even contemplate giving him my vote for dogcatcher in chief, much less commander in chief. My hypocricy only goes so far.

join