It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How/Why did you chose your political party?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I made my choice when I was filling out my SS card. I really didn't care much about politics. So, I pulled out the quarter, which I still have today, and gave it a flip. If I saw the drummer boy, I would be a Demmy for life. If I saw the first Prez. I would be a Reppy. If it landed on it's side for whatever reason, I would be an Indy. Looking back now, I should have just marked Independent. It's not that I have anything against the other parties, I just didn't know anything about politics except people were pissed about a blow job. BTW, I saw the drummer boy.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
i didnt want to be associated with a party that has the same basic ideals as marx and lenin and i didnt want to be a treehugger so i chose reppy

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I chose none. They all suck.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Indy all the way. Never follow the "party" I always prefer to base my opinions on the individual and the issues that matter to me. I would vote the Kindergarten party if it matched my beliefs enough.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The Libertarians are the closest to what I think this country was founded for, basicaly......FREEDOM

An ideal we are throwing away today to be replaced by an all seeing all knowing all wise cradle to grave babysitter.

It makes me sick

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I didnt choose any party ...I have my opinions and morals and let them lead my politicals views..If it happens that my opinions are leaning to repub or democrat..then so be it.

but uhhh..republicans are the axis of evil

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
i didnt want to be associated with a party that has the same basic ideals as marx and lenin and i didnt want to be a treehugger so i chose reppy

You know what Krazy, I'd really like to hear what you "know" about Marx and Lenin. Give me the names of the books you've read about them. How about the name of the books, that they wrote, that you've actually read.
I'm really "well-read" about the great writers and thinkers of history and would be spellbounded to hear your synopsis of Marx, Lenin and other "tree huggers" and their place in history and sociology.

Any time your ready.............

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
After a childhood rooted firmly in left-wing political beliefs, I took a high-school course on government; since then, I have been a Republican with several views atypical of the party, but more or less devout in my political musings; I've never really looked back.

To be honest, I've been a bit put off by both parties throughout the last eight or ten years... when a president of a given party is in office, all the members of the opposing party think to do is pick every economic, social, and political nit they can find, hoping to create a chink in their opponent's armor... like children on an elementary-school playground, sometimes.

new topics

top topics

join