It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Blair to teach at Yale University

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Tony Blair to teach at Yale University

news.bbc.co.uk

Tony Blair is to teach students at Yale University in the US when he leads a seminar on faith and globalisation.

The former prime minister has been appointed as a fellow at Yale and will begin teaching next year.

The prestigious Connecticut university said the work was related to Mr Blair's Faith Foundation which will be launched later this year.

Mr Blair's other appointments have included as a Middle East envoy and an adviser to investment bank JP Morgan.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
An interesting job to take up. Perhaps he's given up hope of becoming the president of the EU for the time being.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
maybe someone could explain to me how Mr. Blair is going to have time to teach at Yale, provide advice to JP Morgan* AND bring peace to Israel/Palestine?

With the whole Iraq debacle I cant think of anyone worse, well maybe some of the neo-cons, to teach on the relationship between globalisation and religion.

*at $5m a year you would expect more than the odd tit-bit of information

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by tarichar

Blair and his wife are shameless money grubbers - when he was PM he took every freebie going.
It was embarressing to watch as he and the wicked witch (cherie) took holidays and sucked up to the rich folk for what they could get out of them.

Expect many more "appointments" where bliar gets to earn huge amounts for doing sod-all.

He's been pretty quiet for a mideast envoy - I think he chased the appointment just to raise his profile further in some cricles, and make more money.
Cash is bliars god - another reason why he sucked up to shrub.
Soldiers are dying in mideast to serve his ambition, and his wallet.

[edit on 8/3/2008 by budski]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
I think he chased the appointment just to raise his profile further in some cricles, and make more money.

Or... doesn't that post also garner him Diplomatic Immunity? I wonder if that might come in handy for a guy in his shoes?

I'm also guessing that the JP Morgan post has nothing to do with his financial skills. It seems just as likely that it's merely a cover for "hush money", and/or to keep him in the big banker's pockets.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
It seems very convenient that he got the JPMorgan job just as they were looking into buying up parts of northern rock - which the government has since nationalised.

Cosy eh?

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Is part of his teachings going to include how to become one of the world's most effective pathological liars in order to achieve any goal? Double LOL @ him teaching "faith". What a joke. This guy should be hung for treason.

CX

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I wonder if he'll become an honoury member of the Skull and Bones?

I'm sure George Bush will put in a good word for him.

CX.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Yeah he'll teach how to kill people and to start wars without having a backslash?

Dr Kelly spinning in his grave, Iraq war still going on, this scum isn't yet in jail or hang for war crimes. Disgusting, and my uncle still say to me that the judicial system is working YEAH SURE.

top topics

join