It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas prices like Government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I was watching the news today and they were talking about the price of gas going to $5.00 a gallon by summer. Then I thought how frustrating this is that all you can do is pay it. It seems that we all get frustrated with the way the government is run but things just keep on going along the same as usual. What is to stop the oil companies from charging 6,7,8 dollars for a gallon of gas. Will everyone just keep paying what they want?
I bet you will. cause you have to go work to make money. you have to go to the store for food, I would bet that the oil company could charge $10 a gallon and we would all still pay it.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by xyankee
I was watching the news today and they were talking about the price of gas going to $5.00 a gallon by summer. Then I thought how frustrating this is that all you can do is pay it. It seems that we all get frustrated with the way the government is run but things just keep on going along the same as usual. What is to stop the oil companies from charging 6,7,8 dollars for a gallon of gas. Will everyone just keep paying what they want?
I bet you will. cause you have to go work to make money. you have to go to the store for food, I would bet that the oil company could charge $10 a gallon and we would all still pay it.

The worst thing is that there's absolutely no reason why these SUV's and cars should be getting 20mpg and less in the city. The technology has always been there to be getting triple that, like in Europe with the diesels. It's the ridiculously stringent EPA laws that are holding you and probably the car manafacturers to ransom.

join