It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 late 7 delayed again - expected 2010?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
www.flightglobal.com...

Pressure is growing on Boeing to provide its revised production schedule for the 787, as speculation grows that the programme has suffered another lengthy delay.

Analyst Goldman Sachs has reported today that it does not expect the first 787 to be delivered before the third quarter of next year, representing another delay of at least six months.

Theres a comment elsewhere about any and all A340`s being snapped up as fast as they hit the market - boeing are close to dropping the ball on the 787 , the short ranged 787-3 is rumoured to be cancelled now - only 43 orders and delays of 2 or 3 years and the original delivery slot for the 787 was may this year - and the first aircraft (787-8) isn`t fully built yet!

A 787 programme source says the delay in development of the -3 "may be a precursor for cancellation. Regardless, we're stopping work on it."

the 787-3 was to be the replacement for the 767/757 and early airbus models , but the operators of the 767-200 are buying the bigger 787-8 and 9 instead

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
This is a tough time for Boeing and they are going to have to dig deep, but I mainly wanted to mention how different the reaction to the 787 woes on here is compared to all the 'Airbust' rubbish we had to endure last year.

Maybe us Europeans are more civilised and rational than the Boeing fan club

PS, that reminds me; Carchorodon, hope you are still out there mate, not heard from you for a while and I wondered if you had anything to say on this?

I know you are one of the Boeing fan club too but your posts were always (well mostly) so much more reasoned out and intelligent than some of your other members

join