It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disappearing and Reappearing House Items, anyone else have this porblem?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
This happens ALL the time at my house. It's been going on for as long as I can remember. Every time it happens my sister and I like to say, "the leprechauns stole it." Ofc, we don't really believe in leprechauns but its our way of putting a little humor into it.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Bumping this thread in light of another thread of the same subject, but with a security video to proving my point on all of this ..

anyone else still having this problem? I don't think I am but, I've got very limited amount of personal gear with me now. So far, the only thing I've seem to be missing is my Gladiator video which might have been lifted by someone that happened to walk into my room or was staying with me ...hard to say...but I know I took it with me on the road back in 2014...

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Interesting to read all of these instances and comments on the same sort of thing. I haven't had any other experiences but like I said in my thread, it may have been an isolated event or due to my bosses experimentation with the 'other side' as she called it. I don't suppose you or your family have been involved in that sort of thing?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I haven't had exactly this sort of problem - at least never to the extent you describe (just some isolated events).

On the other hand, I have something going on that is related - when I can't find something (usually as a result of my own misplacing it, or putting it "somewhere safe" and forgetting where that safe place was
) I ask outloud, "please show me where it is" and then put it out of my mind.

I started doing this years ago, and would just happen to come across the thing within hours. Sometimes I get a sudden unexplained urge to go into a part of the house I have no reason to do so, and will go straight to it.

What's weird is that with time, it has gotten to work faster and faster - most times now, it is almost immediate.
The trick seems to be letting go all of all further thought of the thing completely. That used to take me longer to do - I'd keep thinking about it and worrying. But as I began to trust this process, it got easier and easier to drop the subject from mind quicker.

I totally trust this now, to the point that I don't waste much time looking for anything anymore, I may glance around, ask the question outloud, then immediately forget about it and move onto something else.... coming upon the missing item right away!

I don't have any explanation - is there some entity that helps me out? Is it just my own unconscious that knows and directs? Is it some sort of extrasensorial capacity that searches and finds? I have no idea, and frankly don't care. I still radiate a feeling of gratitude each time, just 'cause that doesn't hurt anyone and makes me feel good. But I can't tell why this works exactly.

Maybe instead of trying to ascertain who or what does this, see if whatever it is is willing to help you find the items if you asked and trusted them?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

Happens all the time in our house. Today was a classic example. My wife who is a paperwork freak placed her car registration papers for payment of this very kitchen table where I sit typing.

Anyway she yells out to me today, "Where's the rego papers?"

I went inside and was about to say "There on the table" but the papers were gone.

Long story, shortened after searching the house, papers were found, on the table exactly where we both knew them to be.

I shrug my shoulders and shake my head.

Kind regards,

Bally.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Update: 1.16.16
Incident: disappearing glasses from bathroom counter top
date: Jan.14th, 2016

Took my wireless framed glasses off and set them on the counter top in the bathroom, after a min or 2 I remembered they were there and went back to get them and they weren't there...zero, nada. Talking to my friend in the house, I asked them if they remember me taking my glasses off and putting them on the counter; they said "I do...are they not there ??" ( If I use my reading glasses, I can't see close up, so I KNOW they were my seeing glasses.)

We both searched the house, and after a couple of mins, I looked in the car and there they were, sitting on top of some papers in the front cubbie hole as plain as day~!

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
UPDATE: 1.17.16
Incident: Disappearing plastic food bag wrapped around a pork loin.
Date: 1.17.16

Shopping with a different friend of mine today, we were looking at pork tenderloins, she grabbed one and said.."can you get a plastic bag please." I was already on my way when she said this and grabbed the bag and remember distinctly moving it so that it would tear correctly, walked over to the cart and wrapped it up .. then, I picked mine out, walked back over and pulled it again and pulled to hard and pulled 2 instead but, torn one off, then I wrapped THAT tenderloin in the bag I just pulled off.

10mins later we're at the check out and I looked down and realized, her tenderloin wasn't wrapped in the bag that I just got done wrapping~! We both looked at each other and I said.."you did see me wrap that ...did you not ? " she said..."uh huh...." and just stare at me for a couple of secs and I went back to get another bag and re-wrapped her tenderloin. Mine was still wrapped.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
UPDATE: 1.17.16
Incident: Deadbolt continiously being unlocked ..
Date: 1.15-16.2016

House-sitting for a friend, I always go out through the garage by the back door, deadbolt it, NEVER by the front door, double check the front door and ensure that it's deadbolted as well as the door. Both were locked.

I come back an hour later, the door was completely unlocked~! I freaked~! and grabbed a knife from the drawer and searched the house, all was the the same as it was, nothing gone moved nor out of place. I know I checked both locks.

I leave the next day, and triple check the front door deadbolt and the door lock, both are secured and recorded that I did check it and time-stamped it in my notes. I come back and the first thing I check is the deadbolt and it's UNLOCKED~! but the door handle is locked. Grab the knife, scour the house (only one floor to search) nada, nothing, everything is still in place. Both locks are manual and expensive.

( On a side-note: their cat is not eating nor drinking out of her bowls either, she's drinking from the outside bowl of water, but she's not lethargic and acting normal, severe cat depression or something more? )

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Thanks BluesMa~!

I've done this very thing with no success ...at all.

I'm not sure if it's me or something that is following me or what..

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
So have a mac mini with 3 usb ports and they are usually all filled. I needed to plug something in and apparently went blank at this point because I cannot recall what I did with the 2 ilok usb's that are usually plugged in. So now that Iam done using the usb port I only have the keyboard to plug in (my mouse is connected through my keyboard). It just doesn't make any sense. Okay why be missing 2 of them? I would have just put them on the large table that's right here. I completely took apart every nook and cranny of my room and its no where to be found. Iam pretty convinced something weird is going on. Like that I put them in another dimension maybe. There's a possibility that I am just missing the one usb key because I do vaguely remember losing one that wasn't actually necessary to have plugged in. But in that case I could have just plugged in to the empty slot. I remember going to the computer expecting all slots to be filled and i can't remember what happened exactly after that it's all kinda fuzzy. Something to note is my opinion on these ilok devices. I hate them. i want to just spend all this money to buy a product that is locked…to a small, thin, light device. When you really think about it. The ilok should come attached to like a large anvil. There, problem solved. You will never lose it now.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: emusicman11
So have a mac mini with 3 usb ports and they are usually all filled. I needed to plug something in and apparently went blank at this point because I cannot recall what I did with the 2 ilok usb's that are usually plugged in. So now that Iam done using the usb port I only have the keyboard to plug in (my mouse is connected through my keyboard). It just doesn't make any sense. Okay why be missing 2 of them? I would have just put them on the large table that's right here. I completely took apart every nook and cranny of my room and its no where to be found. Iam pretty convinced something weird is going on. Like that I put them in another dimension maybe. There's a possibility that I am just missing the one usb key because I do vaguely remember losing one that wasn't actually necessary to have plugged in. But in that case I could have just plugged in to the empty slot. I remember going to the computer expecting all slots to be filled and i can't remember what happened exactly after that it's all kinda fuzzy. Something to note is my opinion on these ilok devices. I hate them. i want to just spend all this money to buy a product that is locked…to a small, thin, light device. When you really think about it. The ilok should come attached to like a large anvil. There, problem solved. You will never lose it now.

is this a copy and paste from a previous post since the timestamp is from 2016...?

???

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
There was an episode once, of a show like Twilight Zone, Amazing Stories, etc. where there was this team of creatures that constructed every moment of time.

And they'd sometimes forget little things, and then put them back for the next second, etc.

Bet you'd find it entertaining.

Ah, here it is!

www.tv.com...

The Wrights, a young married couple, wake up one day to the sounds of construction. When they investigate they find time has stopped. Meanwhile, a crew of blue-clad construction workers are busy removing the furniture in their house and replacing it with new. In terror, the Wrights run outside to find things being rebuilt all over the neighborhood - things that have already existed. The Wrights start to go in the direction of a voice which seems to be commanding the workers, but then turn once the voice commands the workers to capture the Wrights.

Confused and frightened, the couple run into a back alley and enter a void of white space. They discover a man in yellow who helps them out of the void and explains to them that he is the supervisor of the maintenance of time. They have somehow slipped into a loophole and while they should be in an earlier time - 9:33 a.m. - for some reason they have hopped over into 11:37 a.m. Showing them exactly how time is maintained, he reveals to them a new understanding of how the universe works: every minute is essentially a separate world which must be built, maintained, and torn down once it is over. The supervisor informs them that they cannot return for two reasons: 1) they cannot reveal to anyone the true nature of time and 2) the supervisor isn't even certain they could return if they wanted to. The Wrights flee from the foreman and his crew, and try to find a way to slip back to their own time. They hide inside a theater ticket booth and wait until 11:37 a.m. rolls around so they can catch up. The foreman finds them too late as the Wrights suddenly emerge into their own world again. Back in their own time, they find a blue wrench sitting on a public telephone which convinces them they had not dreamed their experience.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Significant disappearance, meaning I had to physically go looking for this item...

Start Date: 2/09/2019 approx 7:00pm

I’m currently living in a church where I’m the Sexton of( a person in charge of taking care of the maintenance/focal point of the church) and part of my duties is to clean the bathrooms obviously, and as always, do so 2-3x a week; as usual I have 2 towels that hang on the Towel rack on the back of the door, 1 grey & 1 Burnt Orange.

I am only one of 3 other people that have a key to the building, and none of them came in the building this night because I was up till 3am Sunday morning, and only person that came through the door that Sunday morning was at 9:30am.

Both towels were hung on the rack before I retired to my bedroom after I got done cleaning the church.

Sunday, 2/10/2019

Church with morning service and evening service as usual, nothing out of the ordinary.

Monday, 2/11/2019 4pm

I happen to notice the Orange towel was missing but the grey one was there on the back of the door.

I bit shocked as to why would this be gone and started to look for it in the bathroom thinking maybe someone used it an put it somewhere else? No where in the men’s BR, I went immediately to the women’s BR, nope. I triple checked the nursery, nada. I started scouring the Sanctuary and entire rest of the building and other 3 rooms, kitchen, coffee room and fellowship hall....nada. Went back to the men’s BR checked behind the door etc, nada! Gone!

I’m getting a little upset at this because I hate it when people don’t put stuff back but understand that they might have taken it home to wash and bring back. ??

I gave up and almost texted the pastor to ask him if he had seen it but I didn’t to see if someone would eventually bring it back or tell just tell me they used it.

Tuesday 2/12/2019 @ appox. 11am

I go into the men’s BR start getting ready for the day (I keep the men’s BR door pushed open all the time on days we don’t have a function), I kicked the door closed a little and BAM!!

There’s the orange towel crumpled up behind the door on the floor in the corner I just looked for there the day before,3x!!

Thoughts?

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   
As a disclaimer, I'm a skeptic if ever there was one. I've been posting here long enough that it should be fairly evident for most regulars.

That said, I do enjoy the paranormal from an entertainment perspective. Which is why if something otherworldly does share our abode, I find the odd instances very amusing most of the time.

There have been a few creepy instances, such as my husband's notepad and cell phone taking a flight across the room in separate incidents in front of both of us. On the opposite side of the room. Admittedly, that one's hard to explain away, so I don't even bother.

The light fingertip rapping (like drumming one's fingers on a surface) on the bedroom door that my older kid heard from across the hall in her own room was spooky enough to send her to the couch to sleep for the night.

The finial popping off the curtain rod and hitting the bedroom door on the opposite wall across the room gave me pause.

The heavy, pacing footsteps on the roof above the bedroom also gave me pause. Not sure what anybody/thing was doing up there in the middle of the night, but whatever.

The figure sitting in the reading chair next to the fireplace had me yelling at hubby for starting me. Problem was hubby yelled back from upstairs, and when I looked back to the fireplace, the figure was gone.

The rest of the incidents since we moved in have been minor annoyances. Bedroom doors that were definitely shut become opened, the basement door opens on it's own, the pantry door used to open on it's own until I got tired of it and yelled at thin air to stop doing it. It stopped.

Small toys used to disappear now and them. Younger kid got really fed up after one of her favorite Matchbox cars disappeared, she yelled at whoever was taking her toys to knock t off and give her her stuff back. After that, we slowly started finding formerly missing toys.

Spookiness declines noticeably when we tell (not ask, tell) whatever roams the home to quit doing what's irking us.

There's really only one place in the house that gives anyone the outright willies, and it's because of the cat. He gets pretty mouthy around the fireplace's ash pit hatch in the basement, and freaks out if he's left down there alone. I've cleaned the ash pit out, I've never found anything alarming or odd, but who knows what's on the other side of the wall, or under it. Or what was in it when the previous tenants lived here.

Anywho, my advice is to outright politely tell/demand whatever's futzing with your stuff to cut the crap. Either it'll work, or it won't. You don't know if you don't put your foot down.
If it's psychologically-based events occurring on your part (absent-mindedness, etc) it may unconsciously kick your hind end into being more mindful/aware.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Thx for you post, it helps to know i'm still not alone in this....phenomenon.

Issue remains, specifically, random items disappearing and reappearing after 1-3 days; I'm not sure if it's me, sleep walking (I have yet to be video'd as such, nor have I ever had any of significant others tell me I did), or actual dimensional being(s) messing with me as a game.

I have spoken out loud into the thin air before to what/whoever that is taking my stuff to give it back, i don't remember if it ever was.

Way up on this thread, I go into detail where it started spilling over at work in broad daylight, SERIOUSLY, confirmed by Engineers.

I have someone close to me that says "it's your ex-wifes mother" although she's been dead for 20 years and I've never met here at all, or seen her in a picture. However, just being with my wife at the time might have triggered something. IDK

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join