It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we list bible predictions that have come true?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OptionToChoose

I've still got the cat one if I ever need to go back to it, but AshleyD made me this lovely one that suits me perfectly and has the color of my Savior's heavenly, kingly robe in it. I just love it. Thank you, Ashley, and thank you Option for your post and words of encouragement. Sometimes that's all it takes to keep a warrior up and running.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I think you're probably right Alxandro. I can't think of any that predict like the Bible and any of them that do are probably like Nostradamus who makes open-ended predictions that can only apply after the fact. We have proof the Bible predictions are true in so many ways. If I wasn't working so many hours this week, I would make it a point to research it, but like Ashley said before, it's very exhausting. I'm sure someone will come along that can post on this.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by idle_rocker
reply to post by OptionToChoose

I've still got the cat one if I ever need to go back to it, but AshleyD made me this lovely one that suits me perfectly and has the color of my Savior's heavenly, kingly robe in it. I just love it. Thank you, Ashley, and thank you Option for your post and words of encouragement. Sometimes that's all it takes to keep a warrior up and running.

'Nuff said, Ash rocks, and so does your new avatar (there seems to be room for a visual pun here, somewhere . .
) Glad to be of encouragement, it gets really difficult, sometimes -- at least that's the case for me -- to keep a tight grip on hope. But I really think that no weapon formed against us will ultimately prosper. . . how could it?

Stay up, and get ready for some serious eschatological fun, shortly ...

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Some speculate this prophecy was purposely fulfilled but there is one teeny tiny problem. Israel's rebirth took place to the day it was prophesied to be fulfilled. Many accusations then come flying forth that it was done on purpose but they forget two things:

1) The math was not realized until about a decade ago- not prior to 1948.

2). There were about a dozen prophecies that mentioned the specific circumstances that would surround Israel's rebirth. It was not a vague prophecy that Israel would simply exist at the end times. It was multiple things that had to occur.

Here are a few:

A). Be reborn in one day (this happened).
B). The Jew would slowly trickle in (this happened).
C). They would immediately be surrounded by enemies (this happened).
D). The precise names of the countries who would be their enemies were given by name (this coalition now exists).
E). They would regain Jerusalem (this happened).
F). There would be no king (this happened- and a prophecy stating a country without a king was preposterous in the age of monarchies when this prophecy was given).
G). The land would blossom (since its occupation the desert has become a type of oasis in the ME).
H). There would be attempts to divide the land (this is happening with the Palestine issue).

Exactly what math predicted the date of the establishment of Israel? Can you give proof the math was not worked out until after 1948? Also can you give bible references to the other prophecies you list? I am genuinely curious.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rizla
Exactly what math predicted the date of the establishment of Israel? Can you give proof the math was not worked out until after 1948? Also can you give bible references to the other prophecies you list? I am genuinely curious.

1). The Exact Math. I explained it in detail on here before. Let me see if I can find it. It was when I was still pretty new. Ah, found it. My first comment explaining the calculation may be found HERE. I then answered several questions that arose from that one comment in the subsequent comments from other members.

2). Yes I can give you proof the math was not worked out until after 1948. A Christian apologist and prophecy scholar by the name Grant Jeffrey realized the math only about a decade ago and has received full credit in other published works after publishing it in his work, The Signature of God.

3). Give me a minute to go back and I will explain everything I mentioned further.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
3). Give me a minute to go back and I will explain everything I mentioned further.

No hurry. I won't have time to go through it all tonight. But I would appreciate it if you could list said prophecies with quotes and references. I appreciate it's a lot of work...

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
One interesting thing I found out when reading religious related threads in this particular forum is how anytime you challenge the integrity of the bible they familiar prophecy fulfillment comes to prove the validity of any bible related issue.

When a poster with other views of the bible brings the response of bible no been inspired by God but rather by men in religious agenda, the response is that the prophecies has been fulfilled.

Actually for the so call fulfillment is actually part of the imagination of the writers that redacted the bible and the new testament.

Many of the prophecies were nothing but distortions of the original Old testament.

But as we don't have the original writers to refute or agree with any of these we most take as a fact that is all true and factual.

Actually the New testament have plenty of claims of prophecy fulfillment that the old testament can not back up.

As every thing this prophecy fulfillment is actually a weak argument.

I need more to believe, than just the opinion and interpretations of those that believe that everything in the Bible is of divine intervention and for that it most be true, as long as is backed by a long rhetoric of bible verses and examples.

Sorry but it doesn't take the fact that is a weak argument.

Like I posted earlier is plenty of Christian sites that will list many fulfilled prophecies, many can be challenged and many others just like anything in life are occurrences by chance.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Also can you give bible references to the other prophecies you list?

Like I said, I am kind of exhausted on the subject but I'll do my best:

A). Be reborn in one day.

Isaiah 66:8

"Who has ever heard of such a thing? Who has ever seen such things? Can a country be born in a day or a nation be brought forth in a moment? Yet no sooner is Zion in labor than she gives birth to her children."

Prophecy scholars, prior to Israel's rebirth, had been scoffed at for claiming Israel would be reborn again as a nation. But not only did this occur, it happened in one day exactly as Isaiah prophesied. Furthermore, Isaiah even talks about the incredulity of such a thing happening.

B). The Jew would slowly trickle in (this happened).

Ezekiel 37:1-14

This prophecy is known as the famous "Valley of Dry Bones" prophecy. It depicts a valley of bones slowing coming back to life. It represents Israel's rebirth and regathering as a nation in the end times. Again, prophecy scholars uses this as evidence it would one day happen but nobody believed them. Despite the vivid imagery, no room for doubt is left when we are given the precise interpretation of what this means in verses 11-14 when the meaning is explained to us.

And I'm going to stop there. I like to see how people absorb the information before I go further and wear myself out.

Here is a good start if you want a free source of Biblical prophecy on top of the links offered previously. His website is huge but the following three menus detail prophecy in a very direct manner consisting of several dozen articles each. His articles even explain much of what I left unanswered in the above list:

End Times Prophecies.
Fulfilled Prophecies.
Prophecies in Current Events.

It's a pretty good resource that should take you a week or two to digest. He does phenomenal research and doesn't get too confusing.

There is so much information about it you can see why us Christians sometimes get a little burned out.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The bible in both the book of Daniel and Revelation said a charactor would be introduced in the "last days". This charactor's name would be Michael and he would not be welcomed, but would be the only truly rightous man alive in those last days.

Low and behold! Here I am.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   

No hurry. I won't have time to go through it all tonight. But I would appreciate it if you could list said prophecies with quotes and references. I appreciate it's a lot of work...

Cool. Thanks, Hon. I'll try to answer the rest either tomorrow (unless I force myself to do housecleaning) or the day after that. Thanks for being patient. Keep those above links in mind as he explains a lot of what I briefly listed above.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Just glancing at some of the replies.

You have to assume the European Union is the ten headed creature described in Revelation, this has not been verified yet, so you call it fulfilled prophecy?

Also your all assuming we are living in the end times, this has not been verified, and as a Fact Christians for hundreds if not a thousand years have said we are living in the end times [Google the great disappointment, just one example], yet you still say we are, and that all of these prophecies have been fulfilled. Each generation claims to be the end times and give the modern versions of fulfilled prophecy to prove their belief, so over time it seems that a massive list of predictions have come true, even though the predictions where to usher in the end times, witch to this day have not occurred. So are these past prediction actual prophecy coming true?

No where in the bible does it state that on May 14, 1948 Israel will become a state, so claiming that the bible got it right down to the exact date, is incorrect. And lets not discuss the Fact that the most powerful nations [USA, UK] and religions [Christianity] on Earth had it hand in making Israel a state in 1948. Now these nations or religions don't have any type of agenda, now do they?

They read what was written and They made it so. Now you have a fulfilled prophecy.

Well ladies and gentleman, Tomorrow my trash is going to be taken out. So I guess if this occurs then I'm a prophet?

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Well, I guess if your smart all the things in the bible are true. Also, if your smarter you can tell all the folks that the stories in the bible are true.

And I heard, If your the smartest, you can prove to the people that the smarter people told you about the bible is true and lets build our kingdom thus so...

and the Kingdom is built, and gos for eons ..until someone ask ...what the #!!

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Since some people in here believe that the prophecies that came true were written after the fact, i'll go ahead and try to find stuff that were written 2000 years ago that came true today, without the hidden symbolic interpretations of Revelation and stuff.

Lets see...

Matthew 24:14 (Whole Chapter)
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

you're going to tell me, that this guy who calls himself Jesus, 2000 years ago, believed that what he had to say would reach ALL the NATIONS of the world? Amazing isn't it?

Let's face it people, that's one crazy prediction that, if isn't true now, will be true soon. Internet anyone?

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by LDragonFire

The end of times prophecies are nothing more than scaremongering created by the early church to keep the faithful in line.

The old testament seers of the ancient were not better than your more modern version of Nostradamus an Edgar Cayse.

I actually like all of them for their visions.

The new testament version of prophecies hardly subscribe to the old testament in fulfillment but rather are with more manipulations of the writers.

The so call modern prophecies of fulfillment are the works of the minds of the ones that related them to the bible accounts of prophecies.

And this is my opinion and view of the issue

No, Eschatology isn't fear mongering. It is a Revelation that came from Jesus Christ Himself.

Just think about it, God gave prophecy in the Old Testament to prepare the Jews for Christ first coming, the Messiah! the Anointed One! But God's people (pharisees in particular) misconstrued what was written in the OT and could not see that Jesus was indeed the Messiah. BUT, the fact remains God left enough in teh Bible to know how to recognize the Messiah.

Likewise, God left enough in the new testament so that we can recognize when around the time of when Christ will come the 2nd time. Heck, GOD dedicated a WHOLE BOOK to it (Revelations).

God would not leave His children in the dark concerning Christ 2nd Coming.

Yes, there are many interpretations, just like there are many churches and denominations.

But, just like how the pharisees misiniterpreted the OT back in CHrist day, so to are many pastors and priests (modern day pharisees) misinterpreting Revelation.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shortness
No, Eschatology isn't fear mongering. It is a Revelation that came from Jesus Christ Himself.

Revelations did not come from Jesus Christ.

Just think about it, God gave prophecy in the Old Testament to prepare the Jews for Christ first coming, the Messiah! the Anointed One! But God's people (pharisees in particular) misconstrued what was written in the OT and could not see that Jesus was indeed the Messiah. BUT, the fact remains God left enough in teh Bible to know how to recognize the Messiah.

So the bible was warped or altered in you opinion 2000 years ago, but not today?

Likewise, God left enough in the new testament so that we can recognize when around the time of when Christ will come the 2nd time. Heck, GOD dedicated a WHOLE BOOK to it (Revelations).

God would not leave His children in the dark concerning Christ 2nd Coming.

2for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 1 Thessalonians 5:2

36"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[a] but only the Father. Matthew 24:36
Biblegateway.com

Who am I to argue with God, or even better who are you people to speak for him!

Yes, there are many interpretations, just like there are many churches and denominations.

But, just like how the pharisees misiniterpreted the OT back in CHrist day, so to are many pastors and priests (modern day pharisees) misinterpreting Revelation.

There have always been men of God saying things that turned out to be untrue, are you just calling them pharisees, because it would be more difficult to hold on to your faith if they were just wrong?

Many have come in Jesus's name, they all have claimed we are living in the end times, some have even givin dates of Christs return, only to be proven Wrong, they all have died without witnessing the return of the Messiah [unless there still living].

I'm not meaning to attack anyone, I just want to understand, and to gain knowledge with this discussion. The thing I Don't want to do is to blindly follow.

[edit on 17-3-2008 by LDragonFire]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
The bible in both the book of Daniel and Revelation said a charactor would be introduced in the "last days". This charactor's name would be Michael and he would not be welcomed, but would be the only truly rightous man alive in those last days.

Low and behold! Here I am.

8He replied: "Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am he,' and, 'The time is near.' Do not follow them. Luke 21:8
biblegateway

[edit on 17-3-2008 by LDragonFire]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
How about the ones that DID NOT come true?
There are plenty of those - especially about the second coming.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Actually historically speaking and the references of 66:8 and the creation of the Jewish state, this proves one thing.

That that prophecy was pushed by a political/religious agenda by the US after the migration of Jewish immigrants in Europe and the US.

Sorry to add that It was the US the one that pushed that prophecy to be fulfilled in hopes that this fulfillment would bring peace to the newly formed state of Israel.

www.globalsecurity.org...

[edit on 17-3-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
How about the ones that DID NOT come true?
There are plenty of those - especially about the second coming.

Truth be told there are issues of the first coming, hence the reason Jews don't recognize Jesus Christ as there Messiah. So even this bit of prophecy is in question.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Aren't these "prophecies" all open to interpretation? And if over 100 prophecies really have been fulfilled in the past 60 years, would you be able tell us some prophecies that are coming up soon? If so many have been fulfilled lately, surely they wouldn't be stopping now?

Or do we have to wait for a certain event to happen, and THEN it will be somehow tied in with a prophecy that was made in the bible?

Isn't it possible that these prophecies were translated (or translated "again") after an event happened in order to make them tie in with the event?

Like with Israels Rebirth in 1948. The math wasn't realised until some time after the fact. So, we already had the "answer" to the math, all we needed was someone to go through the bible, interperate it in their own special way so that it would meet that year.

All the prophecies I have read have been so very, very vague that it would be nearly impossible to connect them with just one event. Or any, really.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join