It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we list bible predictions that have come true?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Don't try to confuse me with facts. My mind is already made up.

Ever look up the definition of blind?

[edit on 15-3-2008 by medjhiesco]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I have to say to this point I'm not really impressed. I thought more would be listed.

For those that are listing end time prophecy as fact, well lets just say we can't confirm these things till after the fact.

I also have my doubts about the Jewish state thing, Not sure if all of the prophecy has happened regarding this event. I think this was man, making this come true, as I don't see anything biblical about it.

As for the Roman Empire falling, well history has proven All Empires fall, and its safe to say that The United States will also fall in time, is this prophecy or just stating a natural conclusion.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

The end of times prophecies are nothing more than scaremongering created by the early church to keep the faithful in line.

The old testament seers of the ancient were not better than your more modern version of Nostradamus an Edgar Cayse.

I actually like all of them for their visions.

The new testament version of prophecies hardly subscribe to the old testament in fulfillment but rather are with more manipulations of the writers.

The so call modern prophecies of fulfillment are the works of the minds of the ones that related them to the bible accounts of prophecies.

And this is my opinion and view of the issue

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
Is there a way to separate the predictions that came true on their own from the ones that are "self-fulfilling" prophecies pushed forward and made to happen by people who wanted to see the prophecy fulfilled?

The whole Israel prophecy coming "true," for instance, could arguably have been engineered by influential Jewish folk at the end of the war specifically so that it could fulfill the prophecy.

the zionist movement is the clear example... the Eratz (or whatever) Israel was spoon fed the Jewish congregations since the late 1800s
by a goodly number of Rabbi.

the name 'Israel' was chosen...instead of a more appropriate 'Judah'
because of this same self-fufilling prophecy angle.
Judah/Judea was not an all-encompassing meme...
whereas 'Israel' was a maleable name context,
with which to massage the minds of the masses, both Yiddish, Jew and bleeding heart Gentiles.

in fact the name Israel is so out-of-step with the Biblical promise...
it's laughable ! Israel encompases & compromises ALL the 12 Tribes,
which includes the 10 lost tribes of Israel who never totally reassembled/assimilated with the tribe of Judah after the Assyrian and Babylonian captivities.

the only thing the priestly tribe and the Judah tribe brought back with them, from the captivity, was the Talmud, which is a sort of folkwisdom
sort of a living bible version/diversion from the Talmud.
(no intent to defame the Rebbi who gave this word/intellectual exercise to their religious followers)

imho, the 'house of David' line and the 'Bethlehem' focus points, were prophecies that were 'managed' to fit the Jesus life/mission...
by the forces within the christian church, Mary & Joseph of Nazareth
reporting for a Roman census.... how many Marys & Josephs (common names) also showed up for a census in the husband's town of origin...

nuff said, thanks

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
I have to say to this point I'm not really impressed. I thought more would be listed.

For those that are listing end time prophecy as fact, well lets just say we can't confirm these things till after the fact. . . .

And that's all good, unless -- God forbid -- the bible turns out to be true.

I'm reminded of Morpheus from The Matrix Trilogy, who was presented as this super-deep prophetic voice, servant supreme of "The Prophecy" of the salvation of The One. As the series progressed, it seems that Morpheus was basically knocked from his pedestal of mystic prestige, as it was revealed that the entire prophetic matter was all a planned farce within the confines of the Matrix's programming. Only, in the end, as Morpheus had predicted and believed all his life, it was indeed Neo who saved the city, and humanity. In the end, the how and the why were ultimately irrelevant, what had been anticipated did indeed take place.

Perhaps we get too caught up needing to know all the details of God's business, how He will do it, when He will do it, where it will occur, and it certainly must have our stamp of approval as to the logical believability or else it's getting our "Debunked" stamp across the face of it.

Look around, good people of Earth, we are in serious trouble. I saw the three largest helicopters I've ever seen (and I'm not a military craft expert, so this sighting was not necessarily historic, or maybe it was..) zooming over 1-10 (Houston) three days ago, appearing to be twice the size of a Black Hawk with a huge, thick antenna-like protrusion extending from their noses, with the loudest thumping rumble I've ever heard, and vanished into the west. "Something's up," was the only thing I could think, and thank God that scene was a one-time deal, as I was talking to someone else on a cell who witnessed it from the freeway (rush hour, many must have experienced it), and was somewhat shook up by it, as well (this particular person thinks I'm crazy with all my "conspiracy theories"). But what is being gotten ready for? I think maybe some end-time scenarios are going to manifest shortly. If not, then everything should return to normal shortly, and we can all go back to leaving our doors unlocked at night.

But if the words of the Christ in Matthew 24 and other places of Scripture are studied, one finds the description of a fallen world, identical to the one in which we live, and continue to proclaim, "O, it's not that bad..." each and every time another brick falls out of the wall of societal stability. Eventually, there will be no wall left if this keeps up. Rather than frantically hunting for ways to debunk the obvious, it may be more efficient to just accept that, indeed, the Titanic has nearly sunk.

And this time, humans are at wit's end for the resolve.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Just wanted to respond to this from your newest thread in reference to this thread:

Originally posted by LDragonFire
This thread was a disappointment to me in that I was sure that a huge list of prophecy would have been listed, this at this time has not been the case.

About you being disappointed. It's not that they're not there. It's that it's maddening to spend hours or even days and weeks (yes that is literally how long it will take to explain it all) only to hear things like 'It's doesn't matter because the Bible is fake' or 'It's all just self fulfilled.' I know you didn't do that but those are the two most common objections.

The thing is, most students of Bible prophecy have been studying this for 30, 40, 50 years. I myself have been studying it for 5 years and know enough that it would take me a couple of weeks to type out. To me, and I apologize for saying this, it simply isn't worth the time.

The European Union, Israel as a Nation, the Islamic coalition, etc., are all precise Biblical predictions mentioned for the end times. Not only that, but there was a specific way for them to be fulfilled- not the fact that they would simply exist. Then there are about 100 prophecies that have been fulfilled during the last century that no other generation has ever witnessed in the history of man. This isn't even considering the prophecies fulfilled in antiquity. So, you can see it is an exhausting process to type it all out only to hear things like 'It was self fulfilled.' Nobody listens so why bother is our logic.

In order for it to be self fulfilled, we would have to assume Europeans, the Jews, Muslims, international associations, inventors (due to the prophecies regarding technology), and even society (due to the prophecies regarding society) were all in cahoots with each other to make it happen. And let's be honest, can you really get the Jews, Muslims, and Christians to agree on anything? No! lol They all have their own end time prophecies that differ greatly so it makes no sense that these people (not to mention regular citizens, scientists, and inventors) have all been a part of the conspiracy.

Now do you see why we've kind of given up due to exhaustion and frustration? I could literally list over 1,000 prophecies past, present, and future. We could turn this thread into the most replied to thread in the history of ATS- I'm not kidding. But after dealing with the close minded for so long and the naysayers for the sake of naysaying (even when they have to use the most lame brain excuses in the world to explain it all away), we realize it's not worth the trouble.

There is a book called Every Prophecy of the Bible that collects, dissects, and explains over 1,000 Bible prophecies fulfilled past, present, and future. It uses plain English and breaks everything down into very easily understood terms. There are hundreds of other books on the same subject and some niche prophecy books (like books that focus solely on Israel or solely on end times, etc.) I'm not trying to hog any knowledge but I simply lack the energy to explain the last five painstaking years of personal research (and I would still be called a baby in the field of Bible prophecy) for those who aren't really interesting in exploring it with an open mind. Again, not saying that's you. I'm saying, I'm exhausted.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I usually don't do big quotes but this is necessary. Marg claimed the prophecies were written after the fact of the things that occurred. This is so untrue it's embarrassing for someone to make such a claim. So I said:

Originally posted by AshleyD
People who claim Biblical prophecies were nothing more than postdiction or self fulfilled are obviously reaching and do not know their facts.

Originally posted by marg6043
this is good example of blind faith never argue with blind faith because is going to take you no where.

Now, I'm not trying to embarrass Marg but this is the type of nonsensical excuses I always see concerning the subject. The Bible writings were completed over 1,900 years ago. The E.U., Israel, A.U., technology, science, alliances, social and moral status, etc., have all taken place in the last century.

When I simply point the error of such an accusation, I get accused of having 'blind faith,' in bold font nonetheless. She has no idea the ten years I spent, consisting of hours a day, (yes you can laugh at my lack of a life) studying and researching the authorship and dating of each individual Bible book. That is anything but blind faith. That is, instead, some pretty hardcore scholarship.

Daniel, Isaiah, Ezekiel, and all the O.T. prophets were written before the events they prophesied. This has been verified beyond argument. It's simply a common skeptical tactic to claim they were written or amended later. That is the kind of logic and misinformation that drives me bonkers. Then I get accused of having 'blind faith' when I'm the one who has done the digging. So, instead of pulling my hair out, I leave a few bones to chew on then move along.

[edit on 3/16/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
From a Christian perspective hundred of prophecies has been fulfilled, this site have an interesting brake down of fulfilled prophecies and is many Christian sites that also have list.

www.konig.org...

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Not to mention, Ash, the prophecies by Nostradamus, etc. are so open-ended, ANYTHING could be acribed to it. The biblical prophecies that have come to fruition are most definitely accurate in their predictions as well as the fullfillment of same.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

You are entitle to your own opinions, believes and religious views, I don't blame you for lashing at me for posting what I posted.

But we differ in opinions and that is part of human nature, also getting over it and get on with life is also part of forgiving.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by idle_rocker

Not to mention, Ash, the prophecies by Nostradamus, etc. are so open-ended, ANYTHING could be acribed to it. The biblical prophecies that have come to fruition are most definitely accurate in their predictions as well as the fullfillment of same.

Oh I know! But people will gobble them up. You want to talk about prophecies that can only be interpreted after the fact.

The thing is, Biblical prophecy watchers know exactly what is going to happen with the exception of a few things like the significance of the number 666 or when the rapture will occur. But the prophecies are so precise, it has nothing to do with having to wait to see what happens like a previous author mentioned on this page. We already know what they mean and are keeping an eye out for the next items on the docket for fulfillment.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
You are entitle to your own opinions, believes and religious views, I don't blame you for lashing at me for posting what I posted.

One, I'm not lashing out. I don't 'lash out.'

Two, have you ever heard the saying, 'Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but not their own facts?' That is precisely the case in this point. You claim the prophecies are postdiction. This is an impossibility. But should I accuse you of 'lashing out' when I point out your error and you accuse me of having 'blind faith?' Of course not.

If you want to finagle around the interpretations, then that is opinion. But claiming postidiction or self fulfillment is not an opinion- it is downright false. Seriously, it could be chalked up to a big fat coincidence (a really, really big fat coincidence) sooner than it could be chalked up to postdiction.

But we differ in opinions and that is part of human nature, also getting over it and get on with life is also part of forgiving.

Of course.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Like I said you are entitle to your own opinions, still I take the bible and its predictions with a different view because I don't believe in the divine intervention of of the bible writings even when the bible itself I consider as a very good book of historical facts mix with myth and lore.

And for now I will leave it at that.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Originally posted by idle_rocker

Oh I know! But people will gobble them up. You want to talk about prophecies that can only be interpreted after the fact.

The thing is, Biblical prophecy watchers know exactly what is going to happen with the exception of a few things like the significance of the number 666 or when the rapture will occur. But the prophecies are so precise, it has nothing to do with having to wait to see what happens like a previous author mentioned on this page. We already know what they mean and are keeping an eye out for the next items on the docket for fulfillment.

Oh and no doubt we are both watching and waiting. As a matter of fact, each day I check the news Precisely???sp to see what's happening all over the world. My local news interests me NOT!
(I don't have spell-check like Rizla does)

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The book of Matthew lists approx 39 signs of which most have come true.

Also, the Bible does speak of false prophets but it also talks of those who would be used to identify the hidden secrets of God when He wants them revealed to the world. Because one does not feel that they are a prophet themselves does not preclude the idea that there are those out there who are!

A Sacred Secret is something that originated with God and is withheld until his own time, and is revealed only to those whom he chooses to make it known, ie:

1. "To you it is granted to understand the Sacred Secrets of the kingdom of the heavens, but to those people it is not granted."

2. "But we speak God's wisdom in a Sacred Secret, the hidden wisdom..."

3. "...to the revelation of the Sacred Secret which has been kept in silence for long-lasting times."

4. "Hence do not judge anything before the due time, until the Lord comes, who will bring the secret things of darkness to light..."

5. "He said: 'To you it is granted to understand the Sacred Secrets of the kingdom of God, but for the rest it is in illustrations, in order that, though looking, they may look in vain and, though hearing, they may not get the meaning."

There were Gnostics after the time of Christ who felt they had special wisdom (I am not saying they were right). So it certainly is not a new concept, nor considered rare. God can use whomever he wants, including a rock (Luke 19:40).

But who would be the "enlightened" ones - now, that would be given this divine privilege? Why would prophets end with the Bible, and who says so? Why would all prophets automatically be declared as "false?" Has not God all through history used enlightened ones to declare his messages? Why would it be any different now?

There are many false prophets, but to delude ourselves into thinking that anyone who speaks strangely must be false, could be deluding ourselves and be missing out on crucial insight. Jesus certainly "spoke strangely" in his day and he turned out to be right!

Look for the ring of truth, not the face it wears.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I just need to ask . . . what does it matter if the prophecy was supernaturally fulfilled or self fulfilled? The point is that it was fulfilled as prophesied.

Just my thoughts . . . carry on

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
LOL piggy, your avatar is cracking me up...also your signature. Cool............

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
idle_rocker, your avatar made my day
...it seems so frequently these days that a lot of threads on ATS have become just that, a sudden attack from nowhere the moment a new thread has the nerve to suggest deeper study into anything not already a mainstream headline . . .

Ashley, your summation regarding exhaustion said it for me. Ordinarily, I'd love to travel deeper into some of the more astonishing manifestations of Bible Prophecy in these threads, but to spend literally hours preparing posts complete with info from decades of study as well as reputable links, only to have it attacked and ridiculed without as much as a shred of academically-based rebuttal would severely challenge my faith, something I really do not need at this particular point in life.

But to be fair to the skeptics, I suppose so many tricksters down through history have used the Scriptures as a weapon to control and fill with guilt/shame without true cause that people seem to have just adopted an attitude of kill or be killed. The problem with that is, it does nothing to invalidate the Scriptures, only to invalidate those who abuse Truth to control, and for this I applaud such resistance. But I wholeheartedly recommend raw, unbiased study of the Bible for one's own personal knowledge if one finds interest in it; don't throw the baby out with the bath, there may actually be something in it worth your time if you just give it an objective look.

. . my two pennies on the pile

idle_rocker, I meant your cat-attack avatar ... you switched up before I posted!

[edit on 3/16/2008 by OptionToChoose]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Whether you believe in the Bible or not really is not the issue. The Bible has been around for quite some time and I would like to know if there is anything else just as old that refutes it in any way.

By this I mean, from an alternative stand point, are there any ancient writings that exist that counter the Bible and yet can still claim an equal number of prophesies that have been fulfilled?

I think not.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
heck, they've all came true , almost. Wars, Rumor of wars, earthquakes, Obama husain, famine,sick stuff ( like aids, ebola,bird flu,unclean hospitals) hookers bringing down big political dudes.

IraQ, MY GOD...what a cluster fuc-!! , the USA is becomi9ng a country whos money is worth #e!!

The bible is truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join