It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is NO HELL!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I agree that there is very little proof for a hell in the bible and that much of it is poor translation. But, the Lake of Fire, where death and hades are tossed into, that is another story entirely. Whenever I use the word hell that is mostly what I am referring to. "And Satan who had deceived the nations was cast into the Lake of Fire." Glory be to God when that liar is out of our lives forever. I feel sorry his end is what it is though. But that's exactly what he worked for all the days of his life. Those who followed him, who accept his mark, will go there with him, there will be no hope for them at all. What do we think of such people? How do we react to them? Do we pray for them? Do we ignore them? We have to love our enemies, says the Lord. As Jesus loved Judas, let us follow his example.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by theleastofthese
I agree that there is very little proof for a hell in the bible and that much of it is poor translation. But, the Lake of Fire, where death and hades are tossed into, that is another story entirely. Whenever I use the word hell that is mostly what I am referring to. "And Satan who had deceived the nations was cast into the Lake of Fire." Glory be to God when that liar is out of our lives forever. I feel sorry his end is what it is though. But that's exactly what he worked for all the days of his life. Those who followed him, who accept his mark, will go there with him, there will be no hope for them at all. What do we think of such people? How do we react to them? Do we pray for them? Do we ignore them? We have to love our enemies, says the Lord. As Jesus loved Judas, let us follow his example.

Okay... Here is where we slightly agree...

Satan is the ony Angel or person in the bible that eternal torture is used to discribe his punishment... and it does make sense, here is why!

People that sin cause harm, they cause pain, but there is always a limit to how much pain they cause... Eventually the pain they caused will go away and thus their punishment must have an end...

Satan however this does not hold true... If I am right and all those who go against God lose their life and cease to exist for the rest of eternity it is Satan that caused this to happen...

So Satan going against God and tricking 1/3 of the Angels and countless humans into following him lose their place in heaven for all of eternity... His Sin caused an eternal consiquence to those who were fooled by his sin... Therefor... His punishment can be eternal and still be considered just... Every other sin that exists all exist because of Satan and His original sin!

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sparda4355

This is what the Jehovah's Witnesses believe, that the 2nd death means poof - nonexistence! Myself, i don't like the idea that there is a Lake of Fire that burns eternally. My reasoning for this is this: How could a God of Love send people to burn forever and forever in fire? I mean, only a twisted man can dream up such a scenario. But, then, I really don't know what exactly is going on. i can't really say the Lake does not exist. I can't make it exist or not exist, it is beyond me, there is nothing I can do to stop its existence. I am at a loss. The Lake either does or does not exist. I cannot tell God what to do or what not to do. He cannot be commanded to do anything. No one can change what he has put into existence. I can't even go on talking about this, no one can do anything about it except completely avoid it by trusting in the cross of Christ. I'm gonna do that. We trust every day. We trust an elevator cable is not going to snap. We trust a car won't lose its brakes. We trust a bus driver didn't snort coke before he came to work. Trusting comes naturally. But trusting in the cross comes with a price, the loss of friends, the loss of family, the loss of respect. Those are things I am willing to lose.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
You guys..................... never mind...

Sparda... Satan is not the only one responsible for sin..... Its a coopertave with mans will..

If your theory is correct, than how come many saints beat sin? Did they have the same choices as everybody else? Ofcourse.

The reason there is a hell to the last guy is because man chooses it... If lets say after 1,000 years in hell God said, ok your forgiven come home now..

(they still would not want to) because their life choices, they said no to God all their life, they dont want him in their life, ever, they dont want to serve or worship, so they are hardened in their hatred for God....

You just dont understand......

Its something I cant get through to you until the judgement seat....

peace.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

You guys..................... never mind...

Sparda... Satan is not the only one responsible for sin..... Its a coopertave with mans will..

If your theory is correct, than how come many saints beat sin? Did they have the same choices as everybody else? Ofcourse.

The reason there is a hell to the last guy is because man chooses it... If lets say after 1,000 years in hell God said, ok your forgiven come home now..

(they still would not want to) because their life choices, they said no to God all their life, they dont want him in their life, ever, they dont want to serve or worship, so they are hardened in their hatred for God....

You just dont understand......

Its something I cant get through to you until the judgement seat....

peace.

No you are actually proving my point... If no matter how "LONG" you leave them to burn they will never turn to Christ... Wouldn't it be less, I don't know, cruel.... to just take away their "gift" of life and destroy them from the very fabric of existence they once were part of?

I am not saying we are to let them into heaven or that God will because He is forgiving... I do get why they can't come to heaven "free will"... But that doesn't mean a just punishment is eternal fire, pain, suffering, and agony for eternity... Come on, does this sound like something God would do, or something Satan would trick us into thinking an unjust God would do...

I too won't be able to "get through" to you because you are stuck believing what you were trained to believe, even if I could show you 100 biblical verses that prove otherwise!

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
i tend to think, that any hell created, is done so by the individual(s) who do not continue on. If we are led to beleive that we will go to hell, we will experience our own hell once we die. Like a nightmare you cant wake up to.
i do understand what sparda is saying though, and he is right.

If there was a god of pure goodness, then a large chunk of the bible would not exist. This god wouldnt punnish, or hate, or anger at any man, for these are negative traits.
So therefore, if there is sin, anger, punishment, hate...then these would have to be credited to the devil. seeing how a being of "pure" goodness could not put these energies forth. If one likes the traditional ideas of god and the bible, then one would have to put these points into consideration.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

and what are you talking about?!?! no saint ever "beat sin" they all sinned as well. only one who supposedly didnt was jesus, according to traditional views. Many saints were also a part of a genocide or two as well.....kinda the wrong examples there...

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Be calm, don't panic, nobody move.

We are in Hell!

So relax and enjoy yourselves.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
www.belowtopsecret.com...

a thread i made on the exact subject, ill post some excerpts later