It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non Christians What If The Bible Is True?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

The conspiracy is certainly to discredit the Bible. You say it has been proven historically but no one else seems aware of it here. The mulititude of threads are indicative of that condition.

Your inability to see this conspiracy is evidence of it. Your inability to see this conspiracy is evidence of it. Your inability to see this conspiracy is evidence of it.

The King of this conspiracy is just what I put in the OP. There is a prince of darkness in this world desires to conceal the truth of the scriptures. To discredit them so that people do not find God. That is the driving force in the hearts and minds bent on belittling and discounting faith.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

So you using ATS to and its ability to bring many members to show the evil that is plaguing the world.

So actually it was not conspiracy to Begin with but you made it up to be able to preach.

I see.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

And if kooks keep running around thinking the bible is true . Then people (Like in the movie "The mist") that believe will end up going crazy and really bringing the downfall of man .

This is a prime example of what whammy is talking about. It's ATS and the mindset of most of the people here. Why do you have to belittle the Christians here by calling us kooks? I received a warning and lost all of my points for asking someone if they've lost their mind. That's it. You just made that belittling attack and nothing will be said or done for it. I'll probably get another suspension for questioning it though.
If you do not believe that the Bible is the FLAWLESS WORD OF GOD then that's fine, but don't call people names for their beliefs.
And MARG, as whammy said, there are so many Christian bashing threads on here, let us have ours without attacking us for it. I can't even discuss a thread that has nothing to do with Christianity without being lashed out at by someone because my name is CHRISTIAN VOICE.
I don't bite, don't be afraid of me and certainly don't be afraid of the Bible. I think that's what the deal is. There are so many Godless deviants here that live questionable even horrible lifestyles and they are afraid that if the Bible is true, and there is a God that their lifestyle will have to end or they will have to pay for it. Just speculation of course.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

The problem is my my friend that this forum is hardly a preaching forum and that is one of the reasons that people in preaching mode are getting bashed.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Sorry I didn't make it up. It's been around for a long long time. It's the greatest conspiracy of all time. And whats going on in this forum is a microcosm of the world.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

The problem is my my friend that this forum is hardly a preaching forum and that is one of the reasons that people in preaching mode are getting bashed.

OK it's acceptable to preach that the Bible is false or that Moses was yakked on shrooms but it's not acceptable to tell the opposite view.

See Marg you're argument is the conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by beach2197
Science and athiest would be EMBARRASSED to even show up

Not true, considering this was done, as I mentioned, (though not in a court but on international television.) I really loathe people who have nothing to say but assumptions based on their prejudices. Just because you think someone's wrong doesn't mean they're embarrassed about what they believe. I'd be more than happy to show up myself.

SSSSOOOoo.....these "myths" just happened to fall in the precise years that were prophesized huh.......wow, i love non-believers, they just back themselves right up in a corner and then find a need to bash someone in order to feel better about their silly little system of life....

The only one who's backed themselves into a corner is you, because now you have to provide me with an example, some evidence that your outlandish claim is true. I have no respect for people who make claims, followed by silence where there should be evidence to back it up. Don't assume that I'm going to just take your word for it, because I don't even take "God's Word" for it. Show me some evidence, then we can talk.

Additionally, at what point did you see me "bash" a single person in this thread. You're words have been far less tactful in here than mine. In fact, if you look at the quote above, your accusation was contained in the first part of a sentence that was also containing the words "your silly little system of life."

Originally posted by johnb1
Here the Old School Different Races and Faces of The President of the United States that Believe that there is GOD and the Bible is TRUE.

Allow me to quote two of the men you quoted:

"The Bible is not my book and Christianity is not my religion. I could never give assent to the long complicated statements of Christian dogma." -Abraham Lincoln

"And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerve in the brain of Jupiter. But may we hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with this artificial scaffolding, and restore to us the primitive and genuine doctrines of this most venerated reformer of human errors." -Thomas Jefferson

Also try Googling "Jeffersonian Bible". Thomas Jefferson completely rewrote the Bible, removing any reference to revelation, miracles, the divinity of Christ, and anything else he considered "supernatural". Just because someone believes in God doesn't mean they believe the Bible is true. And anyway, what point are you trying to prove? Even if all those men you quoted believed in the Bible, what does it prove to me?

[edit on 8/3/08 by an3rkist]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Another reason I left. "Believe what I say, or you will burn."
You see athiests as "Godless deviants" just because we don't buy into the bible.

I am sorry you get mocked just because of you name in non-christian discussions and I respect your beliefs, but I just don't buy into Christianity. We can go over this as long as you want, but the bible just doesn't qualify as historical record or fact.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SaadAdam

Even if you do not wish to worship the God of Abraham and Isaac and Jacob, it really would not hurt to at least worship at the temple of Punctuation, Grammar and Linguistics...

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by truthsetfree2009

We are providing evidence that it does. You just say that it isn't and do not challenge the evidence.

Why do you say it is not historically accurate? Give a specific example of where the history is wrong.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Actually, it was the Pharisees that wanted to know from Jesus, by whose authority He cast out devils. He replied that He would answer that question when they can tell Him from whence the baptism of John came. They wouldn't answer and He said in that case, He won't tell them where He got His authority.

As for King Solomon, the books of the Kings and the Chronicles explain very carefully how the Temple was built. No magic, just good human relations and diplomacy.

[edit on 8-3-2008 by J.Smit]

[edit on 8-3-2008 by J.Smit]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

The Old Testament is apparently taught as history in Jewish schools...

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

But Bigwhammy, I have not conspiracy to prove, you are the one that started this thread in a conspiracy forum, so you are the one that has to prove the conspiracy here.

Preaching hardly is going to make it.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Starting off, using logic:

God asks Eve if she had eaten from the tree. Now, if God was omnipotent, why would God ask if he knew the answer? One could argue that he was testing her to see if she would lie to him or test her faith in him. Why would he test faith if he already knew what she was going to do? Why would God test Abraham if he already knew what he was going to do?

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by J.Smit

Now that was a very nasty comment taking into consideration that the member you refer too is not American.

Remember that ATS is a melting pot of backgrounds, colors and languages.

I may be American born but English is not my first language.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

You are completely missing the point. That is a narrative not a literal history. It's a literary device called anthropomorphism. God is represented as having human characteristics to facilitate telling the story.

Please see this post back in th thread for my view of the creation account.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
If Christianity is "proved" to be true... im not sure how this would happen, but anyway:

I would accept my fate and be consigned to hell with a smile on my face

Why?

Because i find these two facts of Christianity irreconcilable.

1. Everything you have is given to you by God. Your position at birth, your intelligence etc

2. The same God will judge you based on your actions in life.

Ergo, how can a loving god impart certain qualities in a person (such as low intelligence), and then judge them when they mess up?

I respect Christians and certainly i prefer them to atheists, because Christians will go out of the way to help. I dismiss the faith on theological terms, but im more than happy to live in a Christian society!

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy

You are completely missing the point. That is a narrative not a literal history. It's a literary device called anthropomorphism. God is represented as having human characteristics to facilitate telling the story.

Please see this post back in th thread for my view of the creation account.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I must be missing the point. On one hand, you are trying to prove that the Bible is historically acurate, but on the other you say that it is a narrative and is not literal history.

Originally posted by marg6043

But Bigwhammy, I have not conspiracy to prove, you are the one that started this thread in a conspiracy forum, so you are the one that has to prove the conspiracy here.

Preaching hardly is going to make it.

I am also waiting for the conspiracy

[edit on 8-3-2008 by truthsetfree2009]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Your the one that lumped yourself in there . I was pointing at the kooks. You dont think there are Christian kooks? You guys love playing the victim.

All i have toi say is IF there is a god. IF IF IF . He would certainly NOT side with the people that committed/turned a blind eye to ruthless killings in his name.

Even IF theres a "god" . That does not make religion RIGHT,righteous or Just

Is it that hard really to admit you could be wrong. That maybe if there is a god . He don't need all your money . And don't need you killing off his children cause they don't believe or side with what someone said is his views ?

Believe what you want . Do the right thing cause its the right thing to do . You don't need someones teachings to do the right thing. Your self proclaimed a Christian. I proclaim myself a good person.

[edit on 8-3-2008 by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Just because the bible is really old doesn't mean its contents are true. 1000 years from today will not make the Lord of The Rings book factual. Get a grip on reality, Your "good" book is full of B.S.

For example:

- No proof that anyone can heal or perform miracles in Jesus's name even though the bible claims so.
- There are no talking animals.
- No unicorns
- No proof that giants ever existed
- earth is not flat (yes it is in the bible)
- no fire breathing animals (dragons)
- No real sorcerers that can levitate and fly around or perform other magical feats.

Now, lets calculate the odds that the bible may be factual. Santa Claus has a higher probability.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join