It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non Christians What If The Bible Is True?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

whoa whoa whoa whoa....how is it NOT a big deal to change days. Worship was designated for the 7th day, not the 1st day

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by beach2197

But did it say worship? I thought it said rest.

I know you are right - I just don't think we are under the law anymore you could worship on wednesday of yopu want - as long as you do it sometime I think its OK

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by 168.56.255.255
Well as the saying goes,

If Christians are wrong, we have nothing to loose.

If Christians are right, we have everything to loose.

but, you might find you expected to give up some valuable things if you needlessly follow the christian doctrine.......there is something to lose, expecially if you are a women trying to follow the doctines of some of these hard right church groups!!!

even if the bible is for the most part right, no one is ever gonna convince me that some of the church doctrines are right!! So, prove that your church doctrines are in line with what christ was actually teaching and get back to me on this.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

Nobody can give you hard and fast answers on the "politics" of religion. That's really not spirituality, so much as it is political. Christians are human. There are plenty of debates on different doctrines. You just find what you believe to be true. You don't have to go to a church to be a Christian. Just believe in Jesus as your savior.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy

But did it say worship? I thought it said rest.

I know you are right - I just don't think we are under the law anymore you could worship on wednesday of yopu want - as long as you do it sometime I think its OK

Uuuh, Remember the Sabbath day and keep in holy....the 7th day is the Sabbath. Thats one of the Laws....>THE Laws
This was GOD's law. Not man's law.
Exodus 20:8-11. There fore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
Also, in Matthew chapter 5-7 (sermon on the mount)....
"Not one jot or tittle shall be changed from the law"
NO MAN, has the right to change the law.
There is also a book called The 10 Commandments, Twice Removed. Read the book if you haven't already. It talks about how man tried to change God's law.
This is my belief and back up....just want to re-iterate that i'm totally trying to be nice about this!

[edit on 8-3-2008 by beach2197]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I agree it was a mistake to switch it to Sunday, it is supposed to be Saturday. But "Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy" ... I am doing that.

I will still go to church tomorrow.

St. Paul teaches: 1 Corinthians 9:20-21 "To the Jews I became like a Jew to win over Jews; to those under the law I became like one under the law--though I myself am not under the law--to win over those under the law. To those outside the law I became like one outside the law--though I am not outside God's law but within the law of Christ--to win over those outside the law." NAB.

We are bound to the old Jewish Law of Moses only to the extent it has been confirmed, ratified, and restated by Christ.

The OT Law says you need to sacrifice a goat for your sin as well do you do that too? See what I mean by we are not under the law anymore?

[edit on 3/8/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Yes, Mosaic Law is no more. When Christ died, this happened. However, I stated before Matthew 5 talks about not changing the law.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   

And again another preacher bringing their light and version of their lord to the heathens.

This the problem with this forum, when it taken away by people on religious agendas that see ATS as a good place to preach.

As I can see you did not came alone you brought some followers with you.

So while a good topic for a conspiracy at the end is nothing than preaching.

8 pages of space that any good search would have produced plenty of threads on this same topic.

Beside bringing the Ebla kingdom that could be found in the forum of ancient civilizations is nothing left here but preaching.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The bible blends many historical truths and the fantasies of its authors. It can not be considered an exhibit of truth.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Here the Old School Different Races and Faces of The President of the United States that Believe that there is GOD and the Bible is TRUE.

"I do believe in Almighty God! And I believe also in the Bible...Let us look forward to the time when we can take the flag of our country and nail it below the Cross, and there let it wave as it waved in the olden times, and let us gather around it and inscribed for our motto: "Liberty and Union, one and inseparable, now and forever," and exclaim, Christ first, our country next!"

– Andrew Johnson

"Almighty God hath created the mind free. All attempts to influence it temporal punishments or burdens...are a departure from the plan of the Holy Author of our religion. No men shall...suffer on account of his religious opinions or belief, but all men shall be free to profess and by argument to maintain, their opinion in matters of religion. I know but one code of morality for men whether acting singly or collectively. Commerce between master and slave is despotism. Nothing is more certainly written in the Book of Life than that these people are to be free.
The precepts of philosophy and of the Hebrew code, laid hold of actions only. Jesus pushed his scrutinies into the heart of man, erected his tribunal in the regions of his thoughts, and purified the waters at the fountain head."

– Thomas Jefferson

"Whereas, the Senate of the United States devoutly recognizing the Supreme Authority and just Government of Almighty God in all the affairs of men and of nations, has, by a resolution, requested the President to designate and set apart a day for national prayer and humiliation: And whereas, it is the duty of nations as well as of men to own their dependence upon the overruling power of God, to confess their sins and transgressions in humble sorrow yet with assured hope that genuine repentance will lead to mercy and pardon, and to recognize the sublime truth, announced in the Holy Scriptures and proven by all history: that those nations only are blessed whose God is the Lord..."

--Abraham Lincoln

"God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever."

--Thomas Jefferson

"A nation which does not remember what it was yesterday, does not know what it is today, nor what it is trying to do. We are trying to do a futile thing if we do not know where we came from or what we have been about.....The Bible is the one supreme source of revelation of the meaning of life, the nature of God, and spiritual nature and needs of men. It is the only guide of life which really leads the spirit in the way of peace and salvation. America was born a Christian nation. America was born to exemplify that devotion to the elements of righteousness which are derived from the revelations of Holy Scripture."

--Woodrow Wilson

"The strength of our country is the strength of its religious convictions. The foundations of our society and our government rest so much on the teachings of the Bible that it would be difficult to support them if faith in these teachings would cease to be practically universal in our country."

--Calvin Coolidge

"Menaced by collectivist trends, we must seek revival of our strength in the spiritual foundations which are the bedrock of our republic. Democracy is the outgrowth of the religious conviction of the sacredness of every human life. On the religious side, its highest embodiment is the Bible; on the political side, the Constitution."

--Herbert Hoover

In their TIMES the Corruption is Not that BIG (^^,)

[edit on 8-3-2008 by johnb1]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I believe in the bible, I believe it is true, I also believe that if there is an evil force or Devil at large, the Bible is the ONE book he/it would seek to attack or manipulate.

myspace.com/lunarlizardz

Is this a Holy Book found on the Moon?

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by johnb1

Like I said in another thread, the founding fathers were not Godless but they also didn't wanted anybody to tell them how to worship when to worship, what to worship and who to worship.

As we can see in modern times the fundamentalist that the forefathers were trying to avoid from forming a Church/state union can not be avoided they still preaching and pushing their version of how to worship, what to worship, when to worship and who to worship.

Yes they really knew what religion could do to a nation and made sure also that the Church and state will stay separated for th good of the nation and its people.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

And again another preacher bringing their light and version of their lord to the heathens.

This the problem with this forum, when it taken away by people on religious agendas that see ATS as a good place to preach.

As I can see you did not came alone you brought some followers with you.

So while a good topic for a conspiracy at the end is nothing than preaching.

8 pages of space that any good search would have produced plenty of threads on this same topic.

Beside bringing the Ebla kingdom that could be found in the forum of ancient civilizations is nothing left here but preaching.

Marg the conspiracy is to discredit the Bible and it is rampant here at ATS:

Moses Was Hallucinating on Mt. Sinai: Study

Christianity is based on Egyptian Myths - Jesus Christ is Horus

Christians...how do you justify all of this?

Living Descendant Of Jesus?

Jesus Caesar

Founding Fathers Were Anti-Christians

Is the BIBLE Truth Absolute?

A modern age with archaic beliefs...

the contradiction of god

Ad infinitum...

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Why would there be a plot to discredit the bible when it is organized religion that has kept a thumb over the people for thousands of years, keeping them on leashes and exploiting the ignorant? Religion is just another form of control. Why, exactly, would there be a plot to get rid of control when it is wanted by the elite?

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I believe in manifest destiny . And if kooks keep running around thinking the bible is true . Then people (Like in the movie "The mist") that believe will end up going crazy and really bringing the downfall of man .

Nothing in that book can be taken seriously . If it is . Then that is why it will happen .

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by truthsetfree2009

You are correct. The Church did use religion to control people with fearduring the Dark ages. But Stalin used oppression and fear without religion an killed more people than all the crusades and witch trials combined. So that's part of the human condition in general, not just religion.

Actually true religion sets you free. Free from slavery to sin. Freedom to walk with God. Sorry to understand it fully, you have to be there...

Romans 8:20-21
For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Do Not Worry For those who are Confused Because GOD Almighty has Always The Answer to all the Questions in Life of a Man And have the Solutions in all the Problems of Man. just look the Signature below me.
1 Corinthians 14:33

Ephesians 1:13

13In Him, you also, after listening to (A)the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation--having also believed, you were (B)sealed in Him with (C)the Holy Spirit of promise,

John 8:31

The Truth Will Make You Free

31So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, "(A)If you continue in My word, then you are truly (B)disciples of Mine;

1 Corinthians 15

The Fact of Christ's Resurrection

1Now (A)I make known to you, brethren, the (B)gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, (C)in which also you stand,

Hope like this Answer

1 Corinthians 1

Appeal to Unity

1Paul, (A)called as an apostle of Jesus Christ by (B)the will of God, and (C)Sosthenes our (D)brother,

2To (E)the church of God which is at (F)Corinth, to those who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, saints (G)by calling, with all who in every place (H)call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours:

3(I)Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 6:6

6and then have fallen away, it is (A)impossible to renew them again to repentance, (B)since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame

Isaiah 59:2

2But your (A)iniquities have made a separation between you and your God,And your sins have hidden His face from you so that He does (B)not hear.

Hebrews 10:26

Christ or Judgment
26For if we go on (A)sinning willfully after receiving (B)the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,

2 Corinthians 13:5-6

5(A)Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; (B)examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you--unless indeed you (C)fail the test?

6But I trust that you will realize that we ourselves do not fail the test.

And I hope that answer this verses for those who does no Believe the BIBLE

Matthew 24:23-24

23"(A)Then if anyone says to you, 'Behold, here is the Christ,' or 'There He is,' do not believe him.

24"For false Christs and (B)false prophets will arise and will show great (C)signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even (D)the elect.

John 7:17

17"(A)If anyone is willing to do His will, he will know of the teaching, whether it is of God or whether I speak from Myself.

[edit on 8-3-2008 by johnb1]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

You know that the conspiracies in Religion forum is not for some purpose of preaching personal believes and interpretations unless they are conected to a particular conspiracy.

You OP was interesting and with conspiracy angle to it, but when you post the way your post in this particular thread it shows that your reason for been here is actually to pursue and agenda.

This do not sit well with the purpose of this forum, yes is many religious people in ATS that are respected and view as a mountain of information and speculations.

But you do not find them pushing or preaching like Scripturalists.

Is many free thinkers in this forums and no amount of preaching is going to change their minds.

Yes the topic of the bible true or falsehood had been topic in ATS many times.

Already has been established that the bible as a historical book it can not be denied.

That is what you wanted to bring into discussion to begin with, I didn't know that also behind this topic you wanted to show ATS what is going wrong with their various views of religion and believes.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
reply to post by truthsetfree2009

You are correct. The Church did use religion to control people with fearduring the Dark ages. But Stalin used oppression and fear without religion an killed more people than all the crusades and witch trials combined. So that's part of the human condition in general, not just religion.

Yes, Stalin was a monster, but what he did was not in the name of Atheism. Crimes, such as the Crusades and the Spanish Inquisition were both done in the name of Christianity.

I was once a Christian, but after looking at a book filled with numerous self-contridictions, lack of historical accuracy, and impossibilities, I left the religion. I have never felt so free.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This is ATS History Has GOOD TRACT RECORD BY USING THE TECHNOLOGY IN OUR TIMES

Mark 4:11-12

11He told them, "The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables

12so that, " 'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving,
and ever hearing but never understanding;
otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'[a]"

Daniel 12:4, 9-10

4 But you, Daniel, close up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge."

9 He replied, "Go your way, Daniel, because the words are closed up and sealed until the time of the end. 10 Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand.

The Motto: "Deny Ignorance"

More than a slogan and deeper than a mission statement, our members have embraced the motto of "Deny Ignorance" as our reson detre, demanding everyone who posts to aspire to a higher standard of participation. These simple two words have galvanized a broad membership base that spans the spectrum from highly speculative conspiracy writers to staunch skeptics. The result is a unique collaboration of diverse individuals rallying under this simple statement to learn from each other, discover new truths, and imagine new ideas that expand minds.

This motto has life. It has purpose. It demands ATS members to think.

It is a state of mind.

It is a sense of purpose.

It is a statement against the paradigm.

It is a rage against the mindless status-quo.

The idea of "deny ignorance" isn't a goal that ATS hopes to accomplish. Instead, it's a challenge. A call to all those who come here to aspire to a higher state of awareness through informed discussion and debate.

Deny ignorance is what we do.

It's how we think. It's how we talk. It's how we listen.

Ignorance is the social disease of history that has clouded our minds and dulled our brains. Is the evil that men do, the reason history repeats, and the cause of intolerance.

We deny it. it's not welcome here. Within these boundaries, it has no strength.

Here, ignorance is denied.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join