It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non Christians What If The Bible Is True?

page: 42
<< 39  40  41   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

God allows him to attack his "man, Job, who is unlike any other man in his devotion to God". So Satan is allowed to take out Job's entire family, estate, and even attack his health.

I am not one that believes that Jah needs defending. He has allowed many evil things to take place against his righteous. I no longer take a Pollyanna stance regarding God, and he no longer expects it.

It was very unloving if not even evil that Jah allowed that to happen. The Bible does say that God is capable of evil acts and Abraham even accused him of doing so!

I think the challenge before us is to try to understand what conditions heavenly congress was in - that allowed this to occur. What is the bigger picture that man does not understand? Religion is not teaching it, at least it never did to my satisfaction. I had to look outside the box to get a different picture.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Evil came from somewhere. I use to be an evangelist, and according to the bible, satan does NOT have the power to create. Which means he did NOT create his own evil. God did. So therefore, God created all wrong. All death. All evil.

I don't know where you got this, but Satan was very capable of creating his own attitude and responses. You are thinking of more of a borg situation! Jah created mankind as with his angels etc. the power of free will. Satan took on this evil persona as a game and a game that has been going on in heavenly congress for millenniums.

Satan is a late stage addict! And in my experience he is about 12-14 years of age emotionally. Remember, the Bible also says that we were made in "His image (Gods)." They have emotions and feelings like we do only more advanced. Satan has lost control of his minions and his control of the world. We are seeing much going on due to this.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

I got this from years of study. Satan was created by God, and is an angel, who does not have the power of humans. He is a servant. Was meant to be. If you study pretty much any document on angels, you'll discover that they have only the drive to please God. And to do His work.

Creation is given to only those with the power of life and death. And to create, one must give it life. Satan does NOT have that power. He only has the power to destroy. This is very biblical. And satan and his fallen angels do not have this ability.

I'm including an article you might find interesting. I'm not a Christian anymore, but for the sake of this entire thread, I'm using scripture to show you things:

www.dsword.net...

Looking forward to your next thought...

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
reply to post by MatrixProphet

I got this from years of study. Satan was created by God, and is an angel, who does not have the power of humans. He is a servant. Was meant to be. If you study pretty much any document on angels, you'll discover that they have only the drive to please God. And to do His work.

If angels didn't have free will there could have been no rebellion. Spirtually they are much more powerful than us. Two angels were sent to Sodom, they appeared as humans and they destroyed the city.

Creation is given to only those with the power of life and death. And to create, one must give it life. Satan does NOT have that power. He only has the power to destroy. This is very biblical. And satan and his fallen angels do not have this ability.

Yes.. but evil is not a created thing. It is not even a thing at all but the lack of something. So by your definition to "create" evil all he really does is destroy good. He tempts a pastor into a an adulterous relationship. The pastor fails and fall for it by giving into his lust. Did he create an adullter well yes... but he did it by destroying a faithful marriage. Make sense?

I'm including an article you might find interesting. I'm not a Christian anymore, but for the sake of this entire thread, I'm using scripture to show you things:
www.dsword.net...

I looked it over... on the surface it seems pretty good. However fear is not always bad. It protects us from harm. It is good to fear being hit by a car. It is good to fear sin.

Fear of the Lord is actually a good thing.

"And he said to man, 'The fear of the Lord—that is wisdom, and to shun evil is understanding.' "Job 28:27-28

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding." Psalm 111:10

Some times faith means proceeding in spite of fear. If there were no fear then what would courage mean? Fear isn't evil unless you are controlled by irrational fear.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I am not a Christian any longer either, and I had been a missionary, yada, yada. We are both coming from different perspectives and may not ever agree, and that is ok. But what we do agree upon is this: neither one of us are Christians any longer! Yeah!

There is a saying that I have always liked:

"Fear knocked at the door. Faith went to answer it, and no-one was there!"

There is nothing wrong with fear from an emotional or psychological angle. God created us with emotions and fear is an emotion. Emotions are given to us so we can evaluate the quality of our lives. If we never experience fear then perhaps we are doing too much dope or...we live in a world of denial.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixProphet

I am not a Christian any longer either, and I had been a missionary, yada, yada. We are both coming from different perspectives and may not ever agree, and that is ok. But what we do agree upon is this: neither one of us are Christians any longer! Yeah!

There is a saying that I have always liked:

"Fear knocked at the door. Faith went to answer it, and no-one was there!"

There is nothing wrong with fear from an emotional or psychological angle. God created us with emotions and fear is an emotion. Emotions are given to us so we can evaluate the quality of our lives. If we never experience fear then perhaps we are doing too much dope or...we live in a world of denial.

To MatrixProphet: You mentioned in your Cross thread that you are a prophet. I want to know what you have to prophecy. You keep mentioning you have a special purpose. What is that purpose? You also call yourself a spiritual scientist. Please describe that faith to me.

[edit on 3/31/08 by idle_rocker]
Sorry I had to keep editing because I kept thinking of stuff! lol

[edit on 3/31/08 by idle_rocker]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by idle_rocker

It is funny, you and I keep crossing paths. I just left you a message on my thread!

Patience, patience! If you want to learn more about me look to my website; michelelyon.com. I have a blog there also, and I give more input on what it is I believe, or am being taught by Jah.

I am not part of any religion. I invented, "spiritual scientist." I study with the help of God and what my life experience has shown me, tells me to examine everything related to the Bible and the Gods, without all my former preconceived teachings. God took me out of all my boxes and created a different dimension of thought.

I don't mean to be elusive, but if I told you all...it would be inconceivable.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   

I appreciated what you said. Please read on my thread; The Cross...." what I say about being a prophet. You might be interested!

I did a search and could no find your thread titled, "The Cross," could you show me a link I would much like to read your comments..

found it......I went to your ATS and found the threads you started.

I am going to make you a friend of mine if that is alright with you?

[edit on 1-4-2008 by newday]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by newday

I am going to make you a friend of mine if that is alright with you?

Yes, I would be honored! I will be checking out your posts or threads also.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

It is funny, you and I keep crossing paths. I just left you a message on my thread!

Patience, patience! If you want to learn more about me look to my website; michelelyon.com. I have a blog there also, and I give more input on what it is I believe, or am being taught by Jah.

I am not part of any religion. I invented, "spiritual scientist." I study with the help of God and what my life experience has shown me, tells me to examine everything related to the Bible and the Gods, without all my former preconceived teachings. God took me out of all my boxes and created a different dimension of thought.

I don't mean to be elusive, but if I told you all...it would be inconceivable.

Alright, fair enough. I'll look again. Who are you referring to when you say "Jah"? I've never heard of God or Jesus referred to in this way before. Is this another name for the same God/Jesus?

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Jah is the name applied to the God of the Israelites. The J is silent and is really pronounced Yah, although I always pronounce the J. Jah is for Jehovah.

Ps. 68:4 is one example of many.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I just read through all 42 pages of this thread, every single post.

The Christians on this thread have done an admirable job of defending what they believe.

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41   >>

join