It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peak Oil - True or False

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
If there were a peak oil final hour, you could make a sure bet alternative energy would be uno numero spin doctor voodoo bs all over the world. But since the dot govs of the world are treating it with minor notice and only wimper about it to raise the profit levels. Its a sham perpertrated for you to dig deeper into your pocket.

My theory is, as long as there is water, there is oil in the ground. Oil is a chemical process from extreme pressure + heat + water. Theres no shortage. The united states has an abundance of oil but since we want it all, we use the export method to get theres while saving ours for later when the global big gulp out performs the process of regeneration of crude.

Car production would be tooling up for electrical/hydrogen powered cars right now if it were true. Its all about profit. Enron was a case in point. Any way, the world bank controls futures and oil is it.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by WorldShadow

(1) If there were a peak oil final hour, you could make a sure bet alternative energy would be uno numero spin doctor voodoo BS all over the world. It’s a sham perpetuated for you to dig deeper into your pocket. (2) My theory is, as long as there is water, there is oil in the ground. Oil is a chemical process from extreme pressure + heat + water. There’s no shortage. (3) Car production would be tooling up for electrical hydrogen powered cars right now if it were true. (4) Any way, the world bank controls futures and oil is it.

1) I do believe in “peak oil” to the extent that someday it will be here. As long as production goes up, we have nothing to worry about. The moment it begins to go down irreversibly, we will be at the mercy of the producers and we as users will have to ration gasoline severely. General, non essential consumers got 3 gallons a month during War 2, on an A sticker. Most cars got in the mid-20s back then.

2) Your theory sounds reassuring but have you not left out the FOURTH component needed to make oil? TIME! And lots of it. We know there is a lot of petroleum in Canadian tars, Rocky Mountain shale and bottom of the ocean methane ice.

3) There is a very nice link to Phoenix Cars which offers a SUV and a SUT. V is for a nice 4 door sedan, T is for a 4 door pickup truck. It uses a recently perfected lithium ion battery process that makes it suitable for large current drain applications such as is found in vehicles. Presently, they claim a 100 miles range and a 10 minute recharge on 440 v lines, but 5 hours on 110 v lines. Sounds good. I’m not sure but I think its priced in the high $30Ks.
See www.phoenixmotorcars.com...

4) Well, we did knock Wolfowitz off the World Bank. Too much girlfriend, not enough work. I’m not sure if anyone has been sent there to replace him because the Dems US Senate is not the rubber stamp Bush43 enjoyed prior to the ‘06 election.

I have argued for years that speculators ought not be allowed to buy oil. It is speculators who are driving prices to record levels; oil traded at $109 today. But the US has more stock than normal. How could we keep speculators out of the market? I’d suggest we could require buyers to hold their goods for 30 days before reselling. OR, disallow anyone to buy more than he REFINED last year. We can do anything we want to do. If we want to do it bed enough. It is not written we have to let 10-20 commodity speculators drive us to bankruptcy.

[edit on 3/11/2008 by donwhite]

<< 1   >>

join