It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus and Pilate and torture and the crucifixion questions.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cearbhall
Why did Pilate have Jesus scourged? What was His crime to be scourged? What was the Scourgings purpose? Was it Pilate's idea to have Him mocked by crowning Him with thorns and displayed in front of the crowd. Did he personally order Christ's crucifixion? Why did he wash his hand symbolically of it.

Was Pilate just acting in a way to control the Jews from not rebelling against him if he didn't do anything.

I know Pilate was a ruthless man and cared only for order, so why did Christ get Crucified, when did Pilate conclude we must crucify this Jesus?

[Edited on 2-19-2004 by Cearbhall]

It was obviously very important for Pilate that Jesjuah was the Messiah, and the prophecy about him includes a prophecy of this particular punnishment. I'll see if I can find it later. He needed to be able to say that he had conquered God and killed the Messiah. Another thing to add to this disgustingness is how Pilate washed his hands, a clear referance to the Talmudian rules and also a couple of prophecies. According to Talmud, his handwashing made him clean, and thereby C�sar can decide who shall receive the blessing of the blood. Which we also see through the Catholic Church and their C�sar cross fetish.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

Originally posted by soothsayer
Pilate was ...made into a saint.

I would bet that is not true. Having been raised Catholic, I never heard that one.

Saint Pilate celebrates his day on June 25th... just did a yahoo search, found a couple links...

www.thelutheran.org...

www.hollandsentinel.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Well, that's kinda scary, St Pilate, but seems to be not a catholic saint.
www.catholic.org...
Hmmm, seems I saw a History or Discovery program lately about how all these saints not being what the Churches orignally said.
So, why not St. Pilate

Thanks for the info!

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
pilate did that cause he didnt want and up rising of the jews. pilate was a strict but fair man. he offered the jews a choice on who would be set free, jesus or a vicious murderer. the jews picked the murderer. so pilate gave jesus over to the jews to have them do what they wanted with him. it was a lose lose situation. give the order to kill jesus, in which case a uprising of the followers of jesus might happen, or let him go and have an uprising of the jews who did not follow jesus.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Salaams all, Question...

If Pilate new Jesus(pbuh) survived the crucifixion, whould he tell the public about it, or would he keep it to himself because from what i read here it seems that he had a feer of some kind of what he was doing, what do you guys say to that??

Salaams

Sebs

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Pilate knew Jesus lived, I'd say he would keep quiet. After all, telling the Jewish leaders that he didn't get crucified would have made matters worse.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The whole "Jesus" and "Barabbas" thing was probably a mixup. They were both called Jesus. The crowd shouted Set Jesus free! Then Pilate put before them the two Jesuses and asked the crowd: Which one? And Barabbas was set free instead of the real Nazarean Messiah. Him who happened to come from Nazareth and drunk a little too much wine according to his adversaries. The nazareans had carried him, they are like the limbs of his sse (turn upside down and read from left to right, the donkey for God's sake). Why would he have to look like one?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
pilate did that cause he didnt want and up rising of the jews. pilate was a strict but fair man.

Strict and brutal, perhaps...
religion.rutgers.edu...

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by soothsayer
Pilate knew Jesus lived, I'd say he would keep quiet. After all, telling the Jewish leaders that he didn't get crucified would have made matters worse.

I can buy into Jesus was crucified-died-and-was-buried, etc.
I can buy that the never existed.

I cannot buy that he lived and went on to sire those who rule. Sorry.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join