It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Prayers not Answered?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
It would be interesting to have your views on this. I have a humble opinion or two:

I believe that there are Laws of Nature, every bit as Universal as Gravity but we don't see them. These were 'set' at the start of the Universe. To have a prayer answered, you need three elements.

The first is action. Praying for something and taking no positive action at all means you are not tapping into the hidden Laws. The second involves building up a store of good deeds, for example charity and caring for others which raises you to the point that you are eligible for the hidden Laws. The third element is a God-fearing society who will actually answer your prayers because the hidden Laws appeal directly to them.

An absence of any of these elements will lead to prayers being unanswered.

Your views please...

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Your thread reminded me of this Sanskrit:

He asked for strength
That he might do greater things;
but he was given infimity
that he might do better things.

he asked for riches
that he might be happy;
but he was given poverty
that he might be wise.

he asked for power
that he might have praise of men;
but was given weakness
that he feel the need of God.

he asked for many things
that he might enjoy life;
but was given life
that he might enjoy all things.

He had received nothing
that he had asked for;
but gained far more,
than he hoped for.

Listen to the Exhortation of the Dawn!
Look to this day for it is life,
The very life of life.

in its brief course lie all the verities
and all the realities
of your existence;

The bliss of growth,
The glory of action,
the splender of beauty;
and tommorrow is only a vision;

but today… well lived
makes every yesterday
a dream of happiness
and every tommorrow
a vision of hope.

look well, therefore, to this day!
such is the Salutation of the Dawn.

SANSKRIT

I don't ask for anything when I pray.

I guess I think, be careful what you ask for, cos you may just get it and you may think it is the thing you need, when it may not be.

[edit on 7-3-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Good point and I loved the poetry. What should you wish for then?

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Heronumber0

It seems as though the conditions you apply to what you are praying for wouldn't necessarily mean you'd even need to pray to accomplish your wishes in the first place, but that's neither here nor there. Those are your ideas not mine.

However, my belief is that God wants everything to be perfect so any prayer that is short-sighted or only accomplishes something on a limited scale is not according to God's will. For example, I believe God wants us to be prosperous, but praying for money for myself or my family is limiting God. I believe he actually wants every person on the entire planet to be prosperous, not just me. Take that and apply it to everything in life, and that is what I believe you should pray for and why most people do not get their prayers answered.

[edit on 7-3-2008 by ben91069]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
lol

whatever your thinking!

If your conscious of how your thoughts work then you could do very well to control them and manifest things to work for you in a productive way.

cheers

[edit on 7-3-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
You will notice little old ladies pray alot and they seem to never have there prayers answered. Than you hear of how a killer makes his victim beg for god to save them and nothin. than the christens follow blind faith in something that never intervenes on there behalf. Now people that make it happen get better results than those who practice faith and pray for it to happen.

We live in the age of man, and the age of gods has been over for millenia if indeed there ever was one. We are here on our own to work it out our way. In fact this world is so crazy, no god would dare set foot here lest it be killed for sport. That, they know, for sure.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

When I pray, I try not to focus on 'my needs'. It is about putting others ahead of ones needs, that is most important.

The soul cries out, far more words than the mouth can. In essence, it ressonates out to others.

The spiritual flame that 'burns within'...is heard.

We are taught to be diligent. Not to give up.

Desires are given....according to our needs.

We must be thankful for everything that comes our way. This is how we learn and grow.

We must strive to look at the world everyday... like children, with 'new eyes'. See things through 'other's eyes'. That's how our souls reach out.

A man would look at the world as being 3 dimensional, and what he can't explain outwardly, and may give up, his soul within, cries deeply for more.

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Absoluletly. I pray for others, people who are suffering, etc.

Someone said to me once "You know not who you pray for"
It just stuck with me.

I think what I like about masqua's thread is how our soul is helped/guided by God/Angels even in an unconscious state.

I guess my faith is that God knows my thoughts so I don't have to ask. And even when I have a sympathetic thought towards another, I feel God hears and that thought is acted upon in some way... a positive way.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Alot of people say: If God already knows what is in our soul/prayers, then why bother praying?

I say: With any relationship that we have, it's common knowledge between our friends/loved ones, for them to know our feelings to one another. We tell them...they know.

Faith without deeds is dead - We can apply prayer in the same way, when we want our relationships to grow.

i.e. A man says to his wife: "I love you." Then many weeks go by, and the woman hasn't heard these words. Her husband is bewildered. Why should he keep saying these same words to her over and over? He still loves her?

It doesn't have to be the same words 'over and over'.

It's about connection folks.

i.e. If you have a friend, and you both know you are friends, why do we keep 'connecting up' with our friends? They know, and we know, that we are friends. Shouldn't that suffice?....No. We keep the lines of communication open because we want to share things with each other.

The same way...with our Creator...that's why we pray.

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster
We keep the lines of communication open because we want to share things with each other.

The same way...with our Creator...that's why we pray.

~Ducky~

Absolutely. The purpose of prayer is not wish granting. It is to connect and discover what the creator is. When we find it, we will know what to truly pray for.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

It is to connect and discover what the creator is.

Also, in the same way that our creator connects and discovers us.

Meaning that, delights in our growth, is sorrowed by our errors/sins, etc.

It is a 'two-way' street.

We are worth more than the sparrows...why do we worry about tomorrow?

In order to connect the 'Christianity is a way of life' TO 'Prayer', we have to relinquish selfish desires.

Christ told us to put wine in 'new' skins. It's about our attitudes, and how we should let go the things of old, and take on the things of new - Christ's ways.

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster
Christ told us to put wine in 'new' skins. It's about our attitudes, and how we should let go the things of old, and take on the things of new - Christ's ways.

~Ducky~

Your insight is amazing Ducky! Now take the vision of placing the wine into new wineskins and apply it to all you know about the "wine" of God's wrath mentioned in Revelations. What was once old bitter wine of wrath and drunkenness becomes new wine that is not intoxicating and sweet to lips.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

Too scared to look at His Wrath.

All I keep remembering is: Vengeance is mine...sayeth the LORD.

We sow...what we reap.

All that has accumulated in sins. Boy oh boy.

To have our Creator look at all that has transpired - every injustice that has befeld upon mankind. And yet.. the tribulation...to surrive these 'bowls' spoken of in Revelation, metaphorically or otherwise.

Deep breath here...

I'm greatful that the heaven hasn't closed the door to Mercy yet, and we are able to still pray with our Father.

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The two words, that people will most likely NOT hear in heaven:

I Need

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by WorldShadow
this world is so crazy, no god would dare set foot here lest it be killed for sport.

I suspect you don't even realize the irony of what you just said? It was amazingly accurate.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Like Christ was.

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Heres a good word, Get Crackin.'

Pursuant to a totally bizarre set of circumstances I am once again the lowest of the low. Hallelujah

Prayers require effort on our part to see results, results require work. I'm currently involved in a great work which is highly taxing and stresses me to know end. God helps me but alas I see minimal help for God, calling all angels

Ding ding!

Please direct all inquiries within - peace and love.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

Originally posted by WorldShadow
this world is so crazy, no god would dare set foot here lest it be killed for sport.

I suspect you don't even realize the irony of what you just said? It was amazingly accurate.

Don't listen to this guy WorldShadow. He usually wears a mustache and eye patch in his avatar!

j/k

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I am struggling very much with this now, as I am trying very hard to get pregnant again.

It seems most appropriate that we need to pray not for our own desires but for God's will for us. This is the essense of faith. It is very hard and I suck at it. I am very stubborn. I am also challeged by how this coincides with the Law of Attraction but then I am probably mixing my dogma...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join