It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain Killed 167 US Navy sailors?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
McCain’s most horrendous loss occurred in 1967 on the USS Forrestal.
Well, not horrendous for him. The starter motor switch on the A4E
Skyhawk allowed fuel to pool in the engine. When the aircraft was
“wet-started,” an impressive flame would shoot from the tail. It was
one of the ways young hot-shots got their jollies. Investigators and
survivors took the position that McCain deliberately wet-started to
harass the F4 pilot directly behind him. The cook off launched an M34
Zuni rocket that tore through the Skyhawk’s fuel tank, released a
thousand pound bomb, and ignited a fire that killed the pilot plus 167
men. Before the tally of dead and dying was complete, the son and
grandson of admirals had been transferred to the USS Oriskany.

link to source

It was just about 10:50 a.m. (local time). The launch that was scheduled for a short time later was never made. Lt. Cmdr. John S. McCain III, later a prisoner of war in Vietnam and still later U.S. Senator from Arizona, said later he heard a "whooshy" sound then a "low-order explosion" in front of him. Suddenly, two A-4s ahead of his plane were engulfed in flaming jet fuel — JP-5 — spewed from them. A bomb dropped to the deck and rolled about six feet and came to rest in a pool of burning fuel.

link to source

McCain crashed 5 jets, plus was responsible for the Forrestal fire. Something made the plane behind McCain fired a rocket, which hit McCain's external center fuel tank, and caused a fire. McCain panicked, and dropped two bombs into the fire.

[edit on 7-3-2008 by robwerden]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by robwerden

The "American hero" John McCain, a Panamanian resident, has done much more damage to this country than good.

He hides from his past. He must have forgotten about that incident in the Vietnam war. Maybe his buddies in the press corps forgot to suppress that information. Or maybe he already has some excuse ready when this leaks to the press.

Another reason this man should not be President.

The title of your OP is "John McCain killed 167 US sailors."

Well that part may be true, but don't forget about how he is willing to sacrifice thousands more American (as well as Iraqi and Afghani) lives in the hellholes of Iraq and Afghanistan that we've created.

[edit on 3/7/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I don't get it. Why look at something that happened 41 years ago to judge a man's ability to take office today?

Not that I support him, though.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
I don't get it. Why look at something that happened 41 years ago to judge a man's ability to take office today?

Not that I support him, though.

I don't know what to think about all this info.

But I can comment on your comment, you can judge the man's ability because he is the "same" man that he was 41 years ago, things have changed, but he is still the same guy.

[edit on 7-3-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Very old military adage: *Screw* up, move up...

The bombing of his own aircraft carrier gives him more real life military experience than ALL the demoncratic contenders.

IMHO, Hilliary would be worse than everyone combined. McCain has problems. I'm thinking Obama, and I have voted Republican since Nixon. The "who has most experience" argument has gotten us into all the crap we are in, and it's just not war.

Let someone in that does not have any experience, he can't possibly **** up more than the old tried and true hands we have had from both parties.

Mod Edit: Please do not circumvent the sensors

[edit on 3/7/08 by FredT]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Because just as with John Kerry, he is a fake. As this goes forth you can expect many former POW's to come out against this idiot.

He is as big a traitor as any in US history. Starting with McCain for president Fiengold law, to citizenship for illegals.

The idiot also lost many planes before he got shot down. Perhaps his own wingman shot the bastard down. If so, Good shot............

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

It shows the nature of his character. He has a reputation for over-reaction and flying off the handle. That's why he is called the "bulldog" of the Senate.

I hope, if he is elected POTUS, the memory of this incident at least makes him humbled and more determined not to jack things up - again.

"My friends", he worries me on so many levels. Is that his trigger or something? He is just too twitchy for me.

EDIT to add - I will say that I would not want to be judged by my worst day for the rest of my life, so I'll give him a pass on the OP's issue. Now as to all of the other twitchy things about him...uh, no.

[edit on 7/3/08 by kosmicjack]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

There are methods where you can easily change your character over the course of 40 years.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
But anyway, people can mess up big time decades ago. But isn't better to determine whether they're fit for the job based on what they've done recently? And based on who they have in their team?

You know, I might be shooting myself in the foot here. Because If I was a U.S. citizen I would never vote for McCain just because I'm practically sure that Henry Kissinger is one of those behind him.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I checked out this judicial-inc.biz site you reference.

Wow, what a credible source...that is if you consider anti-semetic websites credible sources. Don't believe me, look how they blame Jews for every terrible event in history, from the Armenian genocide to the Natalie Holloway death.

As for their John McCain story, they present no evidence for their allegations. They have one single source, a "christianparty.net" Neither does this website provide a single shred of evidence for their allegations, not a single witness is quoted. They provide a link, but it is to a story about a smaller fire on the USS Enterprise. Simply put, this is a story, nothing more. And probably a made up one at that (even the website you reference about the USS Forrestal never implicates, even by suggestion, that McCain was responsible).

Interestingly enough, "christianparty" is itself an anti-semetic website, calling McCain a "machurian candidate" of the "jew mafia," criticizes him for marrying a Jew, and for adopting a non-white child.

[edit on 7-3-2008 by SaviorComplex]

[edit on 7-3-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Funny how many people are accepting this at face value without bothering checking the source. If it's on the internet, it must be true!

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Makes sense to have candidates with skeletons in their closet though... easier to control. He goes against his masters and they ruin him and his family. I'm sure all the popular presidential candidates have "dirt", otherwise they wouldn't be candidates.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Ya know?....The title for your thread could possibly be construed as libel. Look it up.

You might want to edit that in some way to reflect a less definitive stance.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Wow, what a credible source...that is if you consider anti-semetic websites credible sources. Don't believe me, look how they blame Jews for every terrible event in history, from the Armenian genocide to the Natalie Holloway death.

Like Savior, I also checked the source. That site is more heavily biased then a high power transistor. I would say it is about as creditable as a three dollar bill. If those who have posted above want to dis like Mcain no problem there. I just hope you will do so based on your own reasons and not what was posted on this thread.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny

Ya know?....The title for your thread could possibly be construed as libel. Look it up.

You might want to edit that in some way to reflect a less definitive stance.

MrP. If anyone on ATS really cared anything about Libel; ATS wouldn't even exist.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by robwerden
Before the tally of dead and dying was complete, the son and
grandson of admirals had been transferred to the USS Oriskany.

Why would a destroyed aircraft carrier need pilots? You make it sound like the Oriskany was a cruise ship or something.

McCain continued to fly combat missions after the incident.

As to whose fault is was, if McCain had been found to be criminally liable, he would have been charged, regardless of who his father or grandfather was.

When McCain was a prisoner of war, the North Vietnamese wanted to send him home for political reasons and yet, he refused to leave and as a result he spent several years in solitary confinement and suffered torture at the hands of his captors.

We have a member whose signature is a snide remark about how a candidate doesn't need to be able to move his arms to become president. John McCain's arms were broken as a result of his ejection from his aircraft and his landing. The lack of mobiility in his arms is a direct result of those injuries and the torture he endured.

These kinds of attacks on a real American hero are the lowest forms of criticism and besides highlighting the lack of real criticisms there are regarding John McCain, it demonstrates the true character of those who make such remarks and allegations like this one.

apc

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Yet another crime McCain should be in prison for.

He is directly responsible for these lives, and the lives of thousands of our troops lost due to his treasonous acts while in "captivity."

Felons carry the consequences of their actions for the rest of their life for a reason. They have proven they can not be trusted to make responsible decisions. Especially when lives are on the line.

McCain is NO HERO. He is a traitor and deserves a traitors fate.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
Yet another crime McCain should be in prison for.

I really want to give you the benefit of the doubt, and believe you jumped the gun and posted a response after reading the opening post of the thread.

Still, as I and others have pointed out, the story is bunk. Did you not read our analysis of the "source" of the story? Or are you willing to believe anything said, no matter how outlandish or unsupported, about someone you don't like?

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Savior,
Thanks for using "our" in your post.
I was going to say something but did not really know the best words to use.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
WOW! So that is how that incident started? I always though it was from a simple accident that resulted in a out of control fuel leak (it never really made sense to me the severity of it all). Geez!

This being true it only serves to prove that the military was corrupted even during that time. If that was a common sailor at the very least they would have been demoted, fined, and dishonorably discharged, but somebody that belongs to the elite gets a transfer to another ship and a free pass and then goes on to become a war hero after being the last man to somehow make it out of being a POW. Another total crap story.

I bet that he was made into a POW in order to bury this story so that his Political career could be ushed back from what would otherwise have been utter death. I always felt his POW story was BS.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join